Forums
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
The Speed Legacy - A fun challenge at the speed of light!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Author Message
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

We all know what a legacy is and what the basic rules are; well this is similar except fewer rules and really fast (and generally random).

This was introduced to me by a couple of friends and we're all having a great deal of fun with it so figured we'd invite the whole of the simming community to join in!

The Premise: It's a 10 generation legacy using your simself as the founder.

The Twist: Use the Short Life Span!

The Rules:

Keep the lifespan on SHORT, though the following break down is recommended:

>Infant= 1 day
>Toddler= 1 day
>Child= 1 day
>Teen= 2 days
>Young Adult= 6 days
>Adult= 5 days
>Elder= 4 days

*Just keep the lifespan on short*

-Your founder must be your simself
-You can use any townies or people from your bin as the spouse/other parent.
-You can use any cheats EXCEPT cheats that will help you with obtaining money directly. Money cheats include (but are not limited to) kaching, motherlode, freerealestate, cheating your sim into a higher position on work
-Each generation, a boy and girl must be born

->You cannot edit any of your heirs/spares in CAS unless it is to change their clothing or hairstyle. You can however, age them up.

Note: By aging them up in CAS, you cannot reverse the action, they must stay that age. No eternal youth!

->Adoption isn’t forbidden. But as with normal legacies, you can’t have them as heirs/heiresses.

->Be sure to keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to have the heir/heiress have children. Use it wisely.

Otherwise, have fun!

Feel free to use this thread to post pictures of your family and progress, ask questions or just have fun. If you post pic spam on a blog or tumblr, you can link that here as well!

Credit to Alex, Audge and the Giant Plumbob as due

FAQs
Q: Do I have to start on the 60x60 empty lot like in a regular legacy?
A: Nope!

Q: My sims just won't have a girl (or boy) and time is running out! Can I adopt the opposite gender?
A: Yes, the adopted child just can't be the heir(ess); only biological children can inherit the line.

Q: Do I have to stay in one house/keep the founders/heirs all in one house?
A: Nope, your heir can move out on their own, move in with their spouse or grandma and grandpa can retire in Florida - so to speak. Do what you need to do!

Q: Can I edit townies, IFs, foreigners, etc in CAS that are potential mates?
A: Yes, I don't see why not as you could just as easily make your own mate in CAS and plop them in the town. Heirs and Spares are off limits to CAS edits obviously.

Participants!
Note: the numbers for this updates do not correspond to chapter/generation/etc. It's just a notation for the number of times that person has posted some variety of update to this thread. As heir votes are fast and furious, most of them have not been linked but I will if you want me to. If you are keeping a family tree and familyecho and want it linked, let me know.

Audge2041
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4

Ay2cee
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Camimh (Family Tree)
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4

Shannachka
Updates 1, 2,

VexingQuery
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Strelitzia19
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4

Proverb87 (Family Tree)
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

EmpressJericho
Updates 1, 2, 3

Friendliellama
Updates 1,

Bossybutt
Updates 1, 2, 3

Kittycattylion
Updates 1,

Jojo777 (Family Tree)
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Altheaquin
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Meggyreap
Updates 1,

Buckeygirl80
Updates 1, 2, 3

Fruhurricane (Family Tree)
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4, [url=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/330/400493.pa
ge#5725039]5[/url

ChazyBazzy
Updates 1, 2, 3

Starangl987
Updates 1, 2, 3, 4

KrystenA
Updates 1

rockerchick11223
Updates 1
Updated 7/9 @7PM

This message was edited 20 times. Last update was at 07/14/11 02:35 PM

Profile
ginnymalfoy22

Joined: 02/19/10 09:31 PM
Messages: 289
Location:New Zealand
Offline

I'm going to have to do this at some point, it'll be great fun. Can't at the moment since I can't play sims at the moment. It will be cool to see other peoples pics though.

Profile
audge2041

Joined: 06/15/09 04:43 AM
Messages: 647
Location:Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Offline

Eee! Thanks for putting this up Cami! n_n

I'm into the third generation of mine so far, gen. one and two are up on my archives.

So far I have my simself, her son Orion and her grandson Leo~

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 06/29/11 04:29 AM

Profile
Ay2Cee

Joined: 06/16/09 10:57 PM
Messages: 1090
Location:Sharing a memory with Laura in a little old house with a lemon tree
Offline

Much thanks to Cami and everyone else who's been joining in such as Shanna and of course Audge ^D^

So far three days have passed, and I've been having too much fun with this. Possibly because we don't have to always write it out, and there's nothing too serious! Just good clean fun. -Granted, me and Audge are a bit competitive as of late- ^u^"

Gen.2: Fidwell

Lyster [left] and Pyce [right]
Pyce is pretty much a carbon copy of me, despite skin tone and hair color.
So naturally, I let..

Lyster be the heiress!

This is Lyster's now-hubby, Tom Vicka. Though her firstborn child isn't his.

Gen.3: Vicka

Forstch[left], Becqi[middle], and Lylyth[right]
Forstch is the son of another man, though is still considered a candidate, whereas Becqi and Lylyth are Tom's daughters of course.

Though for the sake of genetics -And to hopefully pull ahead of Audge soon-

Becqi became the heiress! Who her hubby will be, well..

A deberrified version of him couldn't hurt...

Profile
Proverb87

Joined: 05/29/09 03:33 PM
Messages: 6199
Location:Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Offline

Nice sims everyone!

Cami, stop dragging me into these things!

I may give it a go!

Profile
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

I didn't mean too Stupid Copy and paste failure

Profile
Proverb87

Joined: 05/29/09 03:33 PM
Messages: 6199
Location:Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Offline

Sounds like something I may like, though! I'm not too much for the long legacies - get bored with them too easily! I don't like a lot of rules!

Thanks for sharing!

Profile
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

Well this is certainly fast with limited rules lol.

I will post pics of the other first generation heirs/heiresses tomorrow. I need to go to bed

But I'll give ya the first born as a teen - Pam.

Profile
Proverb87

Joined: 05/29/09 03:33 PM
Messages: 6199
Location:Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Offline

Wow! She strikes and uncanny resemblance to Gin! But, then she should!

Profile
strelitzia19

Joined: 05/31/09 11:03 AM
Messages: 8439
Location:~I may not be perfect, but I'm always me, and that's something you could never be.~
Offline

I might have to give this a go. I've been wanting something to get me back into playing, and this may just be it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/29/11 01:34 PM

Profile
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

Be a good thing to do while relaxing!

Profile
Kittycattylion

Joined: 09/28/09 09:21 AM
Messages: 5737
Location: In the third book, tapping The Fire Nation's crown prince in the most inappropriate of ways.
Offline

so... tempting...

Profile
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

Proverb87 wrote:Wow! She strikes and uncanny resemblance to Gin! But, then she should!

Yeah she does but then Gin has a resemblance to my simself hehe

Profile
camimh

Joined: 06/03/09 08:35 AM
Messages: 3807
Offline

Kittycattylion wrote:so... tempting...

Dooooo it

camimh wrote:
Kittycattylion wrote:so... tempting...

Dooooo it

Like Cami said - doooooo it!!

Profile

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: