Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
LE's School of Editing **Now Offering a Practice Mini Comp for Beginners: Judges & Models**  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Chands

LadyEmillye wrote:And it's no problem Chands! RL comes first for sure.

Your grades and new lesson are up!

Thank you. And I will carry on practicing seeing as I cannot draw a stickfigure to save me life I will try and get started on this assignment

LadyEmillye

sounds good Chands. And naww worries I'm the same way. It's why I find and use brushes for pictures cuz I dunno how to draw either.

crystal91390

This is great, I'm getting a little bit of free time next week so hopefully I can join and get started. I'm doing a clean install of CC in my game so it might take me a day or two to get ready, definitely looking forward to this but I'm just going to bookmark for now if that's okay.

LadyEmillye

Of course it is Crystal. Just let me know when!

crystal91390

Oh and I used to do some editing for some modeling comps but I had to drop cause of RL stuff but here is the link to some of my edits. My editing is a bit hit and miss though, like for example with shadings and what not I just go with whatever I think looks good and not because I KNOW where to put some high lights and where to put some shadows etc. I'm really bad with lighting and all that stuff. I don't mind starting with Lesson 1 but it would be great to get some general feedback on what I can do so far and I've been out of practice for some time so I guess I do need the practice. And I don't mind criticisms so don't hesitate because I won't get offended! xD

LadyEmillye

That's fine with me Crystal. I can take a look after Supper before I start finishing up my simatography journal.

LadyEmillye

Your edits are really beautiful Crystal. I would be careful with the faded outline you used in some of the pictures, possibly the gaussian blur being used or the skin shading that spilled over?

The last picture, with the city skyline is beautifully edited however there are a few things that needed a bit of work. The shorts, the top leg looks weird because a piece was taken out of the original making the leg go at a very weird angle instead of the nice rounded edge and there are a few rough edges that need smoothing out. Also the reflection should have been touching or almost touching the model, but other than that, you are a fabulous editor.

Dreamie209

My 1st Assignment Cut-Out:

Kayla's far from home

LadyEmillye

Thanks Dreamie.

Err, are you doing the modelling comp with Pandagirl and Rayshizzie or are you just doing the lessons?

If it's just the lessons, there are no sign ups for it.

Just so I know if I should go on to assignment 2 for them.

Rayshizzie

Hello! Just wanted to check in, I've been a little busy the last few days but haven't forgotten about my assignments and plan on having them in by deadline and the extra credit one in shortly, probably tomorrow.

LadyEmillye

Thanks for checking in Rayshizzie.

It seems Butterflop , who wanted practice judging went MIA on us. Just so everyone knows, if you go MIA and pass the deadline without letting me know, I won't hold a spot open for you. This is for those who want and are willing to be dedicated. I don't mind working around RL schedules. I can't be prompt myself sometimes. Just be courteous.

Dreamie209

LadyEmillye wrote:Thanks Dreamie.

Err, are you doing the modelling comp with Pandagirl and Rayshizzie or are you just doing the lessons?

If it's just the lessons, there are no sign ups for it.

Just so I know if I should go on to assignment 2 for them.

sorry about that I screwed up the assignment titles lolz. Yes I'm doing modelling comp But out of a reading mix up, I did both lolz(thats probably a first for me XD). I made a very quick yet decent photo:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 11:17 PM

LadyEmillye

It's ok. The Modelling comp is for practice and the points are accumlative. I just wanted to know so we didn't leave you behind. I'll do up your grades for the first lesson, and I'll do scores for you three after I get the next assignment worked out for the comp.

I'm sorry it took so long. It'll be more prompt in future

LadyEmillye

Pandagirl, Rayshizzie and Dreamie: Scores and the new assignment are up for the Modelling Comp. Good luck and if you have any questions or would like feedback please let me know!

Dreamie: Grades are on the way!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/12 02:15 AM

Rayshizzie

Thanks a bunch for my score! I'm very happy with it and now that I look at my pic I totally agree about the eyeshadow I don't know what I was thinkin with that lol. And to be honest at that point I wasn't really doing any editing except with the contrast but if I had taken that pic now, I think I would have done somethin to fix the hair/shirt cut off area. Thanks again! As always your feedback is very much appreciated and super helpful!

Seen assign 2! This will be a fun one to do

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: