Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Moving neighbourhoods?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Gwenz32

Hi. Sometimes I get really bored of playing my sims in the same neighbourhood constantly. I'm currently in my 6th generation of my family and was wondering whether it's possible to move a family to another neighbourhood without loosing the family tree?

I know they'll probably loose all friends etc but will they loose the family tree too?

Also how would I go about moving the family to another neighbourhood? thanks.

Gwenz

Danny68

I have done the same thing. After my 4th generation sim had grown up, I made the family move from Bridgeport to Sunset Valley. Now I'm 99.9% sure they didn't lose the family tree, actually I'm certain. They will lose any relationships made with sims from the current town obviously. You just go into edit town, then click on your sims house and save either the household (just sims) or household and actual house to the library. This should be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You then start a new save file and select your sims (+ household if you saved that) and move them in. This should all work fine, let me know how you go.

MandysAMess

I'd actually heard that you DO lose your family tree unless you move the entire family & any graves (or whatever they're called, lol) from the one's who've passed away?

I'm curious now...

I moved my founding family to SSV from Bridgeport but I obviously had the entire family so didn't lose the tree...
SuperStupe

Yes. You do lose your family tree except for all the members in the household that are part of the family tree. I just did this yesterday. I didnt try moving the other part of the family tree to the same town but they did lose all the people from the other town and the other people on the family tree that didnt live with them. But in the other town the family free is normal

Danny68

MandysAMess wrote:I'd actually heard that you DO lose your family tree unless you move the entire family & any graves (or whatever they're called, lol) from the one's who've passed away?

I'm curious now...

I moved my founding family to SSV from Bridgeport but I obviously had the entire family so didn't lose the tree...

Hmm, I can't remember if any of my sims were dead when I moved.. I don't think they were so perhaps you do lose any ones that are dead.

Gwenz32

hmm ok. thanks for all your answers...

I may have to try it and see what happens. I'm interested now.. though i dont want to risk loosing the tree... might try it with another family just to test it! haha

MandysAMess

Gwenz32 wrote:hmm ok. thanks for all your answers...

I may have to try it and see what happens. I'm interested now.. though i dont want to risk loosing the tree... might try it with another family just to test it! haha

I'm pretty sure you will lose the tree other than the household sims you move. The game doesn't see it as moving towns, it sees it as starting a basically new game.

OH! & if you plan to move their house to a new town, all the paintings my sims had painted and FRAMED to hang on the wall didn't transfer but the paintings WITHOUT FRAMES did transfer...so odd! I had to go back and put them in their inventory so they could have them.
Sue_D_Nim

Twallan's "The Porter" mod is supposed to let you move an extended (multi-household) family to a new neighborhood without losing the family tree.

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/857-the-porter-ph
ase-five-version-24-updated-2011-may-31/

Gwenz32

Sue_D_Nim wrote:Twallan's "The Porter" mod is supposed to let you move an extended (multi-household) family to a new neighborhood without losing the family tree.

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/857-the-porter-ph
ase-five-version-24-updated-2011-may-31/

Hey this looks great! thanks!

sabichou410

So, if I understand, basicly if we want to persue our family tree, we have to stay in the same town? I'm tired of my town and I would like to move, so I would lost all data?
Purplefreak3

Yes I have used Nraas porter and have moved my entire family with other households to a different town and they keep their family tree and relationships with the households that are moved with your family.
neon_wild

When I moved my family to a new town (2 brothers and a toddler that was the son of one of the brothers) the brothers were no longer brothers for some strange reason in the new town but there was still the father/son relationship with the toddler. They were all in the same household when I moved them. Also in the old town before they moved I had the brothers parents move to a new house and one day I realized they were no longer on the family tree either, and this was without switching them to a new town So I think it can be glitchy.

I believe with Twallans' MasterController though you can edit the family tree at any time if something does go wrong!
MickieFox

I have to say that I was happily surprised when I moved my family to a new town. I had a multi-family with one step-child. I also saved her father and his new wife to my bin and moved them to the new town too. No one lost their relationships and the family tree came with them. Lost nothing. And I do not have the porter mod. It just surprised me as I thought that the daughter would lose her relationship with her father since he was saved in a totally different family in the bin.
sschreiber86

I don't like mods from that site, every time I install I have issues and my game crashes. It's a shame because some of them seem really awesome. Guess I'll just have to make multiple sims "doppelgangers" to have photos of me on vacation at sunlit tides and so on.
Checksky3

Yes porter mod works great use that if you can I use it all the time to move my 4th gen families.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: