Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Are your downloads not showing up?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
fluttereyes

I've seen a few threads on this, here's the solution

When an item is downloaded it does not go straight to game, it goes to the launcher. To get the item into the game you have to open the launcher, look for the item you downloaded and tick beside it

You then click install.

Make sure your game is not running when you do this.

When you open your game it will show as cc, unless it's an item downloaded from store, which just shows as normal content

I suspect this is why some of you don't have Riverview or anything installed, despite having downloaded it. If you have a lot of items to install in your launcher, just select all and click install, they will all go in. You know they are in the game when you get a little green symbol beside the content on the launcher

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/09 09:14 AM

http://www.prettysims.com

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
Quote:Krishnamurti

nelson6416

im pretty sure most of us arent that stupid...i have installed it into my game and it still doesnt show up in the game
simhorrorwoman

I have the same trouble it states that riverview is qued but i have already dowloaded it and it didnt show in the game.
Meja

A number of things I download (yes I installed it from the launcher) are missing. But I have a bunch of 'blank' squares in the Misc. file section. When I click on it to see what it is, it just shows up a pale blue but not the cc. Anyone know how to fix this?
debado520

Meja wrote: A number of things I download (yes I installed it from the launcher) are missing. But I have a bunch of 'blank' squares in the Misc. file section. When I click on it to see what it is, it just shows up a pale blue but not the cc. Anyone know how to fix this?

I am having the same problem. I downloaded and installed some patterns. they are in the game under misc in patterns,but it is just a clear see through square with the little CC * in the corner like it is there but i cannot see it. help someone please.
missgracie361

Same problem here. Yes, I did click install, and it says it completed. BUT, in game, it doesn't show up. Also, when you are in game, in clothes or make up/hair etc... the little custom content symbol?? I can't click it, even though I have purchased thru the store and downloaded from exchange. Whattup?

Anyone know?

dltn43

I am having the same issues with patterns not showing up in misc. It has the little * but no thumbnail. When I click on it it freezes my game so I then have to manually quit the game. Good thing is that I always save the game before I try to add a new pattern or color to anything. I would like to know which patterns these are that are causing the problem so I could delete them from the launcher.

I really hope that someone knows how we can solve this issue because this is really annoying.

Kath235

Okay the way that I understand it is the game is not able to read outside custom content at this time. Therefore when we install new patterns from the exchange they do not show up. (They are also tiresome to delete but that is another problem)
Mod the Sims does have a Monkey that you can install that reportedly installs a Resource.cfg file into your sims files in the correct place so that you can then use custom patterns in your game. I have not installed this myself since I am hoping that EA will jump in and put something similar in their first patch. The MTS fix is not simply installed in your downloads folder as most cc was for TS2. Those files were simple to delete, this however, seems a little bit more involved and I am afraid to install it if it would conflict with any subsequent patch and make me have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game.

MarkyDeSade

I'm having this issue with installed lots. Launcher says theyre installed, but are not showing up in edit town mode. ANy tips?
fluttereyes

Kath235 wrote:Okay the way that I understand it is the game is not able to read outside custom content at this time. Therefore when we install new patterns from the exchange they do not show up. (They are also tiresome to delete but that is another problem)
Mod the Sims does have a Monkey that you can install that reportedly installs a Resource.cfg file into your sims files in the correct place so that you can then use custom patterns in your game. I have not installed this myself since I am hoping that EA will jump in and put something similar in their first patch. The MTS fix is not simply installed in your downloads folder as most cc was for TS2. Those files were simple to delete, this however, seems a little bit more involved and I am afraid to install it if it would conflict with any subsequent patch and make me have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game.

You are misunderstanding this. cc on the exchange is in .pack format and it goes straight into your mydocuments/sims3/downloads folder. The Helper monkey from delphy is used to put .package files into your programfiles/electronicarts/sims3/ folder, by means of a folder called mods which contains a folder called packages. The helper monkey will set this up for you and I believe the latest download for helper monkey has uninstall too. .package files are easier to delete, especially if you know the folder structure yourself.

The blue images, I get them too. I find if I give it a bit of time some will eventually show up, or if I just click it anyway I will see the cc and know if it's what I want. If there is an image at all it means it's there. I prefer to use other cc from other places just for the ability to go into my packages folder and delete the ones I don't want.

I'd recommend familiarising yourselves with the folder structures for sims 3, both in mydocuments and programfiles, this will let you enjoy your cc much better and make installing it and uninstalling it easier for you. You have to come out of this box and search the internet for more information on these things, if you want to use them. if you use the helper monkey all of the files it sends to your packages folder go to the same place, it doesn't subfolder. I prefer to manually install my cc to ensure I can find it again easily if I want to remove it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/09 03:08 PM

http://www.prettysims.com

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
Quote:Krishnamurti

Bzak

My problem s it never makes it to the launcher. Or even says it down loads. Just that I purchased it. Then it dosent even let me try and redownload.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/09 04:34 PM

svetlanna

1. Uploaded content (sims, lots, patterns, etc.) to launcher.
2. Installed content to game (success)
3. Clicked OK then launched game.
4. Went to edit town to see my custom sims. They're not there. Only two households are there with their lot that I installed.
5. Checked most forum topics on this and no one's successfully solved this.
6. Most "help" topics go straight to the obvious "click this to make it work" and does not solve the real problem.
7. I have latest patch. Have not had problems with half my installed content. Just the important stuff like sims.

We're human. And most humans are competant enough to click buttons. We're also competant enough to find no logic in installing something to fix other installations so we can view and use them in a game. This should already be fixed and our questions should already be answered in a more human way...not automated.

The answers that I'm seeing here seem to be responding to the simplicity of how the launcher works and that 'it "should" work if you just follow these steps.' The rest of the answer follows with an invisible statement: "If you can't understand this then you're dumb because the program is working fine."

This is not the case. Most of these people with the same problem have tried everything. So clearly, there's something wrong with the program. And more specifically, no one knows how to fix it. So why don't we just say "we don't know how to fix it" instead of stating the obvious as if we're brainless.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that I cannot see my Dr. House or the 10th Doctor sims because the installed content isn't showing up anywhere except in the file folders.
ccorrea

svetlanna wrote:

Maybe I'm just frustrated that I cannot see my Dr. House or the 10th Doctor sims because the installed content isn't showing up anywhere except in the file folders.

When I saw you mention a 10th Doctor Sim I went to download it, install it, and... it doesn't show up in my game at all!

It might be something with the Sim file itself (the Launcher shows the Sim as installed).

Update: So I found out what I was doing wrong. I installed other Custom Sims, and those appeared in the game. So, I was beginning to wonder if there was something I was missing. I noticed both the sims that were appearing with in the same age group. I then clicked on the 'Adult' age group and sure enough, there was the Doctor... I would recommend you check in the correct age group when in CAS. I think CAS defaults to 'Young Adult.'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/29/09 10:10 PM

lionhearted44

fluttereyes wrote:I've seen a few threads on this, here's the solution

When an item is downloaded it does not go straight to game, it goes to the launcher. To get the item into the game you have to open the launcher, look for the item you downloaded and tick beside it

You then click install.

Make sure your game is not running when you do this.

When you open your game it will show as cc, unless it's an item downloaded from store, which just shows as normal content

I suspect this is why some of you don't have Riverview or anything installed, despite having downloaded it. If you have a lot of items to install in your launcher, just select all and click install, they will all go in. You know they are in the game when you get a little green symbol beside the content on the launcher
Dear miss or mrs. fluttereyes
Explain this for me please...Before the patch i downloaded 300+ patterns from TSR and sims exchange went to my "Launcher" checked the little boxes then installed into game "success" wow and yes they are all in game.now after patch a bunch of issues came up with game (on a new computer with all updated drivers and way above average requirements for the game)and i had to reinstall my sims3 after doing this and updating all the patches i went to get all my patterns and such down loaded them went to "launcher" clicked the little boxes installed ok "success" but there is no icon next to the item showing that it was installed.and the item's are not in the game..so the issue is with the new patch.not letting us have CC in our game.it is NOT a computer issue and a not knowing our folder issue.it is a "Patch" issue.

but Thank you for your advise and thinking that we are
all incompetent with computers.
scott828

lionhearted44 wrote:so the issue is with the new patch.not letting us have CC in our game.it is NOT a computer issue and a not knowing our folder issue.it is a "Patch" issue.

but Thank you for your advise and thinking that we are
all incompetent with computers.

You do know that the post you are replying to is 6 months old, written long before the patch, right?

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: