Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Department of Defense: Sims 3 version  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
gomgor

I hope I'm not the only one to notice, but, is anyone aware that the Sims3 utilizes USAF uniforms? I have a lot of respect for the US Military, and I thought it would be pretty cool if EA can make it so that the Sims3 can adopt the customs and traditions of the US Military such as: Drill and Ceremonies as well as uniforms and accessories. I think this might work because the Military is very interesting and has a big role on the community and on self.These human and Civil qualities fit in the Sims3. If EA can make it so that everything military wise, Except for anything that can affect its rating such as warfare, that would be pretty cool. Here are some regulations for Drill and Ceremonies as well as Wear of uniform for the Military. I just think it would be pretty cool to see a Sim have a rifling skill where as the USMC Silent Drill Platoon armed exebition spin rifles and stuff, or see them do a funeral service or see them drill. Also have them Have Military behaviors other than the salute. Have enlisted or officer Sims wear ranks, uniform and their commendations or awards. Here are the regulations:

Army Wear of Uniform: AR 670-1
Army Drill and Ceremonies:FM 22-5
Air Force Wear of Uniform: AFI 36-2903
Air Force Drill and Ceremonies: AFM 36-2203
Marine Corps Wear of uniform: MCO P1020.34F
Marine Corps Drill and Ceremonies: MCO P5060.20
Navy Wear of Uniform: NAVPERS 15665I
Navy Drill and Ceremonies: NAVMC 2691

This may seem like much, but like I said, it would be pretty cool to see this in game. This can contribute to wishes and lifetime wishes and make the everyday lives of Sims a little more interesting.
SoEasyBeinIzzy

The world does NOT revolve around America.

They add this, the rest of the countries that play TS3 will want the uniforms they use as well. That would take a lot of figuring out to do.

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY FOR PETS! IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/444781.
page
gomgor

I am aware of that, I'm just manifesting an innocent idea.
craigpaustin

But the us could be the test subject if the can do it for one country the can do it for all
Sk8rblaze

SoEasyBeinIzzy wrote:The world does NOT revolve around America.

They add this, the rest of the countries that play TS3 will want the uniforms they use as well. That would take a lot of figuring out to do.

Don't see why they can't drills/ceremonies. It's a military themed rabbithole, after all and all military's have some sort of form of each.
Jarsie9

The game is about Sims life in general. The reason that the Sims have USAF style uniforms is because the top level in that career track is astronaut. I really don't see any need for EA to add any more detail to the military career, especially since they've managed to add it in such a way that it doesn't become the main focus of the game. And, I think, that's as it should be.

Oh one more thing: the officer uniforms might appear to be USAF, but in the lower ranks you are looking at army/marines. I'm pretty sure that both wear the same kind of camoflauge pants and shirts, but at any rate, those uniforms always remind me of army uniforms.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/25/12 01:28 PM

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Olomaya

I don't much care for militaristic culture in the real world, I don't really want to see it in the game either.
Cyron43

craigpaustin wrote:if the can do it for one country the can do it for all

What do you think how many uniforms would they have to create for that? It takes a lot of time and time is money, you know.
@OP & craigpaustin: And after doing so, what's the benefit of having all that military uniforms?
The game is Sims 3 and not "Call of duty"!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/25/12 06:24 PM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Taranatar9

Maybe if the US military spent a little less time playing dress up and a little more time defending our freedom (hint: the threat is in Washington, not Afghanistan), the country might not be in as sorry of a state as it is.

Just a thought.
Ravengelion

I, personally, would not object to this. Only for the fact that I am going to be marrying a US Marine soon, and would love to incorporate that into my game, since it's loosely based on us, and that I was aspiring to enlist until I became ill. But what I think, to make it fair to everyone outside of the US, It should be something that people can CHOOSE to download into the game, rather than throwing it in people's faces, AND it should be customizable to your country. Kind of like... An expansion pack, per se.
Coffefreak4Life

Honestly the marines would probably be the best of the branches to use do to the fact you could incorporate air land and sea in it.

TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

SoEasyBeinIzzy wrote:The world does NOT revolve around America.

It doesn't?

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: