Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Prep School in Town Life  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Kat906

I cant figure out how to eroll my sims kid in the prep school. Everytime I click on it, it just says join education career. How do I invite the headmaster?
Kacie1234

its not a prep school, its a replacment school for the other one. this one is more modern, so you dont have to use the origianl one
Pacey1927

Just one more disappointment
123StarStrukk

Can you have two schools in one town?
pepperjax1230

Its a prep school not the normal school and to enroll either use the phone or the computer. If it was a normal school it wouldn't be saying prep school so yes technically you could have 2 school in the town.

Tolibera

pepperjax1230 wrote:Its a prep school not the normal school and to enroll either use the phone or the computer. If it was a normal school it wouldn't be saying prep school so yes technically you could have 2 school in the town.

actually it sends your kids off to school saint-elsewhere. it's just a magnetschool to either be a rival for the standard, or a replacement.
Hollerama

123StarStrukk wrote:Can you have two schools in one town?

You can. It's actually probably a good idea to have more than one school if your town has a lot of kids in it. Have you ever seen a bunch of Sim kids & teens getting stuck in front of the school doors? If so, time to add another school (seriously, I hate it when that happens)
andinic28

pepperjax1230 wrote:Its a prep school not the normal school and to enroll either use the phone or the computer. If it was a normal school it wouldn't be saying prep school so yes technically you could have 2 school in the town.

The name has nothing to do with it at all it's to replace the school just like all the other venues in TL. It isn't a new or different school just a cool name they picked for it

DarkAmaranth1966

It is a normal school but you can have kids go there simply by having the kid active and clicking on the school. (assuming you have 2 schools in town)

If it is the only one, it becomes the default school.

julienrob2004

It works exactly the same as the other schools you can place in your towns . Prep School is just a name for it nothing else it does not do anything different

In answer to the other questions you can have as many schools/restaurants/bistros/shops/libraries/laundries etc as you want to build and place in your towns .

I have also build academies and vineries in my towns so my sims can learn martial arts and wine making without having to travel abroad or have the items on their home lot .

In my main vineyard my sims can pick the grapes and fruit, make wine, buy wine and also i have put in a food till so they can buy a meal and sit and eat it there

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/01/11 11:17 PM

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
psrahming

julienrob2004 wrote:It works exactly the same as the other schools you can place in your towns . Prep School is just a name for it nothing else it does not do anything different

In answer to the other questions you can have as many schools/restaurants/bistros/shops/libraries/laundries etc as you want to build and place in your towns .

I have also build academies and vineries in my towns so my sims can learn martial arts and wine making without having to travel abroad or have the items on their home lot .

In my main vineyard my sims can pick the grapes and fruit, make wine, buy wine and also i have put in a food till so they can buy a meal and sit and eat it there

How are you able to build the academies?
Jarsie9

psrahming wrote:

Easy. Just zone your lot as an academy, then use the testingCheatsEnabled true buydebug command to buy the objects that lets your Sim practice martial arts. You can also add exercise objects to it and whatever you want.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Jarsie9

Pacey1927 wrote:Just one more disappointment

You seriously expected them to bring back the prep school from The Sims 2? Sorry, but there was never any indication that they would do so. It was made clear that the school was only a modernized version to replace the old school.

In fact, I renamed mine to Sunset Valley Education Center.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
CK213

Jarsie9 wrote:
psrahming wrote:

Easy. Just zone your lot as an academy, then use the testingCheatsEnabled true buydebug command to buy the objects that lets your Sim practice martial arts. You can also add exercise objects to it and whatever you want.

Duh!
And I have specially built Dojo in my town. I had it zoned as a zen garden because I liked the Zen moodlet, but all the visitors were just milling around checking out the art.

Now that it's zoned as an academy, I have townies practicing simfu.

psrahming

Thanks so much for the info.

Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Go to: