Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 game play freezes since installing TownLife pack :-(  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Debs78

Since installing townlife my game seems to freeze quite a bit, it worked fine before the townlife install.

Any suggestions? has this happened to anyone else? Ive noticed other people having problems with the loading, my game seems to load fine, just while playing, it freezes alot. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
trisha314

OHHHHHH Yes small freezes very often..only stops for a few seconds and then starts up again but it is driving me a little crazy.. I am about ready to start saving some money and buying a Xbox on black friday this year..I hear the sims3 for that system is pretty amazing....If I have much more problems with the games on PC I am switching
MrMoodyone

I get the same thing.. play for about 2-3 sim days than the whole thing freezes. I've tried all the normal stuff (shut down back ground tasks... remove CC... everything.)
Goldmoldar

Debs78 wrote:Since installing townlife my game seems to freeze quite a bit, it worked fine before the townlife install.

Any suggestions? has this happened to anyone else? Ive noticed other people having problems with the loading, my game seems to load fine, just while playing, it freezes alot. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My computer lags a little when I take my sims on vacation, but it is fine when they are home. It may be the program but post your DxDiag report and maybe it may say something.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 680 SC 2 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
pjo66

My game is freezing up after only a few minutes since I installed Town Life Stuff. Cannot play at all. My game is on a Mac which is usually very dependable!
rADFOSHIZ

The same thing is happening to me, I have a Mac that's less than a year old running OSX Lion, I got the Town Life pack today and it freezes a few seconds after opening any of my Sims. SO FRUSTRATING.
turistas9

hmm, having the same problem.. lag..

SimminGirl

I'm having this same problem. It used to be just in the town Riverview, but now ever since I installed Pets - as soon as I start the game, every 10 sim minutes the game freezes. The plumbob still moves, tv is still animated, if sim is sleeping the z's still fly, the notes from any musical device still float but all sims freeze and camera movements stop as well. I know it's not my PC.

Did you ever find a fix for this?
qnoftheamazon

I'm in this boat too. You can't move the screen either. I usually just wait it out since its only a couple of seconds.

I don't know what to put here.
SimminGirl

I would wait, and normally do. But this happens so darn often that I can't even get a fun 5 minutes out of playing. In that five minute it will freeze easily 30 times.
poypoy3566

I have had the same thing happen to my game; I installed Ambitions and then Town Life so I am playing with the Town Life CD; I have been playing the game for about a week since the install and then my sim Dad Funke remained frozen in time standing in front of the stove after he was going to empty the trash can. The funny thing is this....he will follow his wife by moving his head but no other movement; I even let his motives go completely red; no reaper.....HELP. and the game freezes for a few seconds also since this install! Realy need help!

11-16-11 I evicted the family and will try again;
elxiii

Same thing here... Except the game randomly shuts down the moment it freezes up. In one game, I can't play for ten sim minutes without the whole thing crashing!
cookiez44608

this used to happen to me until i uninstalled it then installed it again but not since i downloaded pets and generations it freezes in the middle of me playing and i have to restart without saving its very irritating i hate when it does tht when someone finds out a solution can you please tell me because im not going to uninstall everything
Lauryn8201

I have the some problem. Ever since I installed Pets it would freeze when I start playing. I can move my mouse pointer but nothing else. Each time I log on the amount of playing gets shorter and shorter. I'm so mad!!! Please someone find a solution! By the way, does anyone know how to send a complaint to EA?
swimmer4eva

Yep i just installed mine today and i've already on one of my family's I've noticed it freezes...my other family is still fine so far no freezing there so fingers crossed it won't happen...it freezes for short periods but it get fustrating because almost after it unfreezes and few actions later it freezes again! D: ah well

Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Go to: