Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
For the love of G O D.....please read this....BEFORE UPDATING!  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Grandmothergamer

Hi Jen, sorry, last post I was on the phone to Nessa, who was going to uninstall again. She's clever, so I knew she could do what you say. Just got off the phone, she is saying OMG it worked and so on. She's busy with something.
Back to idiot here. I have this external HD but I think it's wasted cause all it's doing is just copying everything I do. Going to have to get my game buddy to check it out. My techie hasn't a clue about games. Srsly, he wanted to buy an xbox to game??? Really? and he has a pc. For sure I'm going to find someone to teach me the cut and paste.
Question, this thing that they said, all my store content was too much for the launcher, and that's why it broke when I tried to uninstall the bad CC thru the launcher, does this 'clean launch' help clear out the stuff in the launcher? Oh, and I have the disks. Only LL,Hidden Springs and Riverview are d/loads. I like to drool over my boxed games, and Special Editions lol Also like hard copy books, have a library of prob more than a 1000 books!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/12 01:24 PM

Jenieusa

Look if i were you...i would

obviously backup your whole sims 3 folder....(just incase)

now delete your dcbackup folder
now delete your dccache folder...

and reinstall everything...

that will wipe out the bad CC for sure...

I just did this myself to get my deepfryer and icecream machine to work properly....

no ill effects from it...and my 42 week BB is just fine and dandy i am playing it right now...

VanessaVenner

jenieusa i want to thank you for the help and reply on my page.i have been playing around a bit and like you say it is all very user friendly.i did delete all the bad files,have no mods or anything installed except games and store content.just quick question, do you have a single sims folder on your external hard drive for each seperate game that you play?i had one folder but 9 saved games in the single folder?maybe that was my problem in taking up space and all my games going 'bad'(i think).thank you so kindly for the help.i really appreciate it.for further technical advice i so have your link bookmarked.

Jenieusa

ok what i have....

Picture you sims 3 folder...right...with all those cache files...the downloads folders....and ALL....

Now for me....

I have 1 Sims 3 folder worth for EACH town i play....so...

I have about 11(i think) seperate Folders on my HD containing ...a Sims 3 folders worth for BB...LL....HS...and so on...

I have 1 seperate town....that got a butt load of 3rd party content...hair...eyes...makeup...and more...Butit does not get mixed into my...vanilla SV game for instance...or like today i am playing BB....and none of that 3rd party stuff is in this town...

Ok so did i explain that clear enough...i am never sure...its like you can't visualize it unless i take photos...

VanessaVenner

i get it.step 1-do the clean slate game.
step 2-install BB(as example)
step 3-start game in BB and save.
only base info and BB will be in the sims 3 folder.
step 4-cut and paste sims 3 files into external and call folder BB.
step 5-now another clean slate is available,so start with showtime.install dj booth and katy perry CE stuff.
step 6-start a game in SS and save.only base game with two items from store will show installed.
step 7-cut and paste sims 3 files into external and call folder SS
and so another clean slate is available.etc.etc.etc.each town to be played will be available on external.just cut and paste town to be played for the day in.that way 1 game is not overwhelmed with to much.i think that is what you are trying to convey.and game launcher for each game will not be overwhelmed by too much installed store content and downloads in it either.hmmm.now you have me thinking deeply on how i would like to organise my games.sims is suddenly a whole new ball game.thank you for getting back to me on the matter.i think i visualised it properly.and get the concept.

Jenieusa

You've got it...

Now this way too...

Now sims in your Sunsetvalley for example aren't swimming in pirate boots...

My main reason for doing this...is because

If something goes wrong with 1 HOOD that i simply can't fix...well i just go play another one and kiss that one good-bye...i like to at least give all the EA hoods a try...and if i like them well just play them...but don't mix and match so to speak...

Grandmothergamer

Jen, my sincerest thanks to you for helping Nessa, as she has generously spents hours of precious game time talking me through your fix. We're not completely finished, I was on overload, and Poor Nessa sure needed a break.
Thanks to both of you, I now have an unbroken, empty launcher and can play my game in peace!
It is in fact exactly what started the whole mess before, and I blamed the broken launcher on me stupidly installing bad CC.
It's not the bad cc that killed the launcher, it was the volume. Yeah?
Jenieusa

its possible but unlikely....

I have a b u t t load of store content in my game and my launcher has never "broken"....

I am going for the CC too....

Glad its back working though...

meetkitty123

Have you heard of the network error cant connect to server or connection to server was lost? i cant log on the sims 3 showtime would your method work to fix this?
patstats

This was simple and painless. Although, it is slightly different on a Mac. You don't cut an paste was simply drag and drop the suggested files into a new folder! My avatar picture returned and all my downloads were there waiting to be installed again. Thanks!

Springfairy556

This was so easy and my game is running wonderfully! I got to promise myself not to download so much stuff.

Thanks.^^

patstats

I put all my old files back and I'm back to the same problems: missing content and no avatar. If there is anything more that is wrong, I'm not waiting to find out. I'm trying this again, except I'm only going to put back the saved games and see if that works.

Jenieusa

patstats wrote:I put all my old files back and I'm back to the same problems: missing content and no avatar. If there is anything more that is wrong, I'm not waiting to find out. I'm trying this again, except I'm only going to put back the saved games and see if that works.

Ok...and remember when doing this...you will probably get the "missing items" message

Jenieusa

Springfairy556 wrote:This was so easy and my game is running wonderfully! I got to promise myself not to download so much stuff.

Thanks.^^

lol....glad you got it working again...

Jenieusa

meetkitty123 wrote:Have you heard of the network error cant connect to server or connection to server was lost? i cant log on the sims 3 showtime would your method work to fix this?

Ok when using showtime you SHOULD...

if your online....

start game...
go into options...get online through game...

NOW

if you want to get offline with the whole PC...you SHOULD

get offline ingame first...
then get offline in PC....

if you get offline with doing it ingame first...thats usually when that message appears

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: