Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Champs Les Sims (Irritations Part 1 - pg 107)  XML
Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
kirkuk

This was once about the new features in Generations. That was a very long time ago. Updated description to follow, eventually.

If you want to read from the beginning, I highly recommend doing it here:

http://champslessims.wordpress.com/

Otherwise you will have to trawl through the entire thread to find updates.

Time to begin testing of the reputation system.

Part 1: Yeah, they basically start off drunk…

This is Nour. I generally start off new games with him just because he has yet to produce an ugly child, unlike certain of my Sims.

Welcome to the neighbourhood. Nour lives in one of the houses on this street. It’s pretty grim right now. There’s basically no furniture. His sofa is a pile of mattresses.

Let’s jump right in and join Nour at a lounge (which I converted from a house), where he seems to be plying some girl with pink drinks.

I don’t remember creating her, but she’s pretty cute. She’s called Maryam because I have about 100 sims called Maryam apparently.

She’s also pretty weird…

“Is there, is there something in my, in my teeth? I think there’s something in my teeth.”

“Imma…I’m just going to rest my head here…”

BAM. Enticed by their Romance-drinks and Maryam's stunning chat ups lines...

Nour and Maryam made out in front of the bar tender (as all classy people do). This lack of discretion should make their fledging romance perfect for testing the reputations system.

Next: Hopefully some drama. Also I guess he's going to have to get a job.

This message was edited 106 times. Last update was at 10/02/13 10:15 PM

sarahgordon

love it
P.s if the town just the same as france?

shay480

Good story so far! Also classy is the way all the bartenders clean the glasses by sticking their fingers in them. Mm-mm good. Can't wait for another sippa that.

kirkuk

sarahgordon wrote:love it
P.s if the town just the same as france?

Kind of - the town you get off the exchange is France with more houses, and all the rabbitholes added, then I did some editing (a lot of the houses are really expensive because there's several buildings on one lot, but most of them are pretty empty - if you put hidden building markers in the extra buildings it makes them more affordable) and added some bars. I turned a big house into an Egyptian themed lounge and added a dive bar.

kirkuk

Part 2: Enter Adele

This is Nour’s living room. As I said, it’s pretty sparse.

And the bills are mounting up. and he's alarmingly thin. Man needs money.

Right, the first step to getting a job is getting some skills. So with that in mind, Nour is going to the library to do some writing.

“So…this is the library. Uh huh. I can do this. I am the library-master.”

“Uhh…do you know where the computers are?”

“Are you kidding? You can see them from here.” *whispers pityingly* “They're over there.”

Having been helpfully pointed in the right direction by Pierre, Nour gets off to work.

And procrastinating.

And procrastinating.

"Huh, Pierre seems pretty good at this library stuff. I'm jealous."

Meanwhile in another part of town, some kids bunk off school to…uhhh….do their homework? YEAHYEAH REBELS WITH A CAUSE.

“So anyone I was in the library for an HOUR this morning. Is this what work is going to be like? What am I, some kind of machine?”

“Then I said ‘dude, what is your problem’ and he lunged at me and I said ‘oh no you don’t’ then…”

This is Adele. She is the mixologist in the local dive bar, and oh boy does she have to listen to people complain.

“Hey, I hope you don't mind me coming back here but you seem pretty stressed out.”

“I’M NOT STRESSED OUT. WHY DON’T YOU ALL GO AWAY?”

“I’m sorry. I’m new-married, but I’ve spent what should have been my honeymoon working in here all day listening to men complain, and it gets tiresome, you know?”

“Why don’t you just tell your customers to *whisper whisper*
“Haha! I can’t do that.”

“Or hit them instead. Like this. Block yourself!”
"You call that a punch? That's like being slapped by a butterfly."
"Well duh, I'm not actually going to hit you."

“Hey, we’re closing up now, but thanks for listening to me moan.”
“Likewise.”

Tojax

kirkuk, I was not expecting this. Your story is... refreshing, and I'm not even sure why Maybe it's the malnourished and slightly lazy endearing protagonist or Maryam, who I find oddly pretty, or the sarcastic Adele (I know it's your story but please, PLEASE don't make them romantic interests... or at least not right away. It'll make the plot more interesting. I think she's more of a friend-type anyways, plus she's a newly-wed...).

Good job! I'm waiting for an update.

sarahgordon

love this thread

kirkuk

Tojax wrote:kirkuk, I was not expecting this. Your story is... refreshing, and I'm not even sure why Maybe it's the malnourished and slightly lazy endearing protagonist or Maryam, who I find oddly pretty, or the sarcastic Adele (I know it's your story but please, PLEASE don't make them romantic interests... or at least not right away. It'll make the plot more interesting. I think she's more of a friend-type anyways, plus she's a newly-wed...).

Good job! I'm waiting for an update.

Thank you!

And don't worry about Adele - she's the sane one in this story so she's definitely not interested.

kirkuk

Part 3: Enter Karine.

The story is moving kind of slow right now whilst I get everyone to meet each other. I’m going to start posting longer updates where several events happen, I think.

It’s Saturday, and Nour and Maryam have decided to meet up for a drink in the dive bar.

“Umm, so I got you these cheesy flowers.”
“They aren’t cheesy! They’re beautiful!”

“Mmm. Don’t be too thankful, they’re from outside.”
‘Oh…well, they are still…nice? Why don’t you buy me a drink to make it up?”

“Barkeep! Two of the finest drinks my budget can buy!”

“Do you want me to use cheapest soda as a mixer again?”
“Yup.”

“So…”

“Ummm…”

“So, what do you do?”

“Oh…I’m, uh, a bookstore clerk. It’s just a temporary job.”
“No, that’s…uh…cool.”

“So…”
“Want to give up and just go back to yours?”
“…yes”

“Um, I should maybe have mentioned in the bar that my place is kind of a dump.”

“No, it’s fine. Honestly. It’s…Bohemian.”

“Maybe we should just go to bed.”

I think they have different ideas about what “go to bed" means.

Next morning they go to the café. It’s just the same as the one in WA, but I added some sofas and instruments to the top.

There are two kids playing badly on the stage when they arrive.

Maryam seems really into them.

Nour is less sure.

“Maryam, these guys suck. Can we please sit down?”

No luck.

A few hours later, he’s back in the lounge. Yeah, there’s a reason he has no money. This girl is sitting next to him.

And she follows him to the dance floor. They are both terrible dancers, incidentally. Just terrible. There's a reason I zoomed in. Limbs everywhere.

“Hi, I’m Karine.”
“Oh hi. Nour.”

“This place is dead. Do you wanna go outside?”
“Ummm….okay?”

Karine looks too much like Maryam so I adjusted her mouth. My Sims all have the same mouth. It’s not even a good mouth.

(The next few photos were really dark so I had to adjust the contrast to see them. That’s why they look weird. It was night.)

“So, what did you say your name was?”
“Nour, it’s Arabic. It’s Karine, right? Have you just moved here?”

Unlike him, Karine seems to know what she wants.

“Yeah. I live just outside town. The rent here is so high, it was either a nice house outside or a dump inside, so I guess I chose the commute.”
“Ha. Yeah, tell me about it.”

“I live just up there. See that amazing big house up there? Yeah, go like a hundred metres to the left.”

“Maybe we should go back there and…”
“Uhhh, look, I’m not su…”

“My PHONE! I simply must answer this right now”

Saved by the electronic bell.

“Oh hi Maryam. Yeah, I’m not up to much…”

Tojax

kirkuk wrote:

Karine looks too much like Maryam so I adjusted her mouth. My Sims all have the same mouth. It’s not even a good mouth.

I'm sorry if this will sound insensitive, but I died laughing when I read about the mouths I love your sims. They look different (in a good way, of course )... and French (no stereotypes intended ). Once again, awesome update
PS: I kind of wish I could just infinitely hang around cafes&bars like Nour...

Katrya

I like your thread. I have noticed that my sims often look the same as well. Sometimes I will download other people's sims just to add some variety.
kirkuk

Yeah, I think the similarity thing is because I tend to make Sims by choosing a Sim then altering them. So I end up with whole towns based off variations on the same Sim, and I don't realise until it's full of creepy identical children...

Ayemee

Ahh I love it. My Sims always end up looking the same too. Thats why I end up making a totally random collection of them and stick them in a house now and again.

Halle_M

Excellent thread! I laughed several times right out loud. Can't wait to read more.

kirkuk

Part Four: Meanwhile...

This is Adele’s house. Her husband Laurent is waiting outside because...

It’s date night!

“Oh Laurent, they are beautiful. I'll put them into the garden next to the one hundred flowers we already have.”

“Brigitte has come down with something, so I might have to go to work for a little while after the meal. I shouldn’t be too late.”

“Just come home as soon as possible, okay? I barely see you these days.”
“I promise I’ll be home before midnight. Love you.”

(yes, that is two children doing homework and a sleeping gnome in the background. What else? What you CAN’T see here is that there were actually three sleeping gnomes, in a circle.)

Adele works…

And works…

And works…

“What the hell Adele? It’s three in the morning. What happened to coming home early? I’ve been waiting for hours.”

“I’m sorry - there were so many customers, I couldn’t get away.”

“Whatever, I’m fed up of hearing it. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”

The next morning, Adele goes to the café.

“Nour! Why is it that the one morning I actually need to find you, you aren’t here.”
“I’m at work!”
“Since when did you work?”
“Since yesterday. What’s the matter?”
“Ugh, never mind. Just issues with Laurent. The usual. Seriously, since when did you have a job?”
“I told you, since yesterday. Why don’t you go to the gym and beat up the training dummy instead of verbally assaulting me on the phone?”

So she does.

“Aaaaaaargh.”

You’d think she’d be good at this but it turns out she’s really really not.

When she gets back to the house, Laurent is waiting for her.
“Look, Adele, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. You were just doing what you had to do, and I’m a jerk.”

“Yes, you are a jerk. Luckily I'm a jerk too.”
“Do you forgive me?”
“Oh, I can probably be persuaded.”

Wah-hey.

Meanwhile in a dance club across town…

That couple are really ripping up the dance floor.

“Hey, so I don’t know you, but I’m Maryam and I really want to have a dance-off with that couple. So…uh…wanna dance with me?”
“Hahaha, ok. My name is Gustave, by the way.”

Maryam is pretty eccentric.

“Hahaha, they’ve clocked us.”

“They stopped. I think that means we won. High five!”

“I don’t think I deserve a high five, you’re the dancemeister here.”

“Just call me…uh…call me Mrs Dance.”
“Mrs Dance?”
“Yeah, don’t call me that.”

Outside the club there’s a fireplace. Obviously. Why wouldn’t there be an open fire outside a hall of drunk people?

“So Mrs Dance, shall I stroke the fire.”
“Shut up!”

“I’ve got to go, but it was awesome meeting you, Mrs Dance. If you ever need to challenge some strangers again, you know where to find me.”

Meanwhile outside Nour’s house

“Hello!”
“Oh-kay, you’re outside my house.”

“Can I come in?”
“Can I stop you?”

“Your flat is…quirky.”

(no, I don’t know why she changed clothes either)

“Look, I’m going to cut to the chase. I have no interest in a committed relationship. I just want to have fun.”

“Ummm…”

I know I should root for my protagonist, but girl, you can do better than a guy in bunny slippers.

Apparently he keeps them on to woohoo, Yup, that’s it, that’s the line, those **** slippers have to go.

I think she’s thinking the same thing.

At this stage, I've had a pop up informing me that Nour now has a reputation as naughty. I thought you had to be seen in public to get a reputation, but maybe there's a creeper watching outside the window. My AwesomeMod pop ups tell me Karine is on a date about twice a day, so who knows what reputation she has by now.

Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: