Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sooooo angry with the problems I am having  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
SacTownFilmer

Why, why, why, can't I play the game for more than 3 mins, without it crashing to the desktop!?

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33GHz Processor Overclocked to 4.00GHz

x2 Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 cards running SLI

8GBs of RAM.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

My computer is a beast. I've had this game for 2 days now and I can't play It for more than 3 mins. I am so ******.

Nice job this time around EA.
Those extra months of Marketing *Cough* I mean polishing really payed off, huh?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 06:55 AM

CariLynn71

I am having the same DARN problems along with losing the families I am playing oops they just seem to be gone after a crash it's BULL@#&*!!!!!! I know there are bound to be bugs, but come the HECK on!! this thing is really bad!!!! Beyond anything sims 2 ever had in the start or starts of exp's!!!! I have to say I am a TAD disappointed!!!
Estefany312

I KNOW! well i can still play but there are a few glitches. EA needs to get on their game and fix this! or refund everyones money!
SacTownFilmer

I get to play it for about 15 minutes now, except this time I got the blue screen and my computer restarted. All I was doing was having a conversation with another sim. AND this is my second time playing through. At one point it crashed in the middle of a save and I lost my whole neighborhood, and all of my progress with my sims. I mean, I hate to be such a complainer but this is just flat out rediculous.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 06:59 AM

Liltab1121

Honestly, i don't know how 'beast' your computer is.

My brother's EMachine, very cheap generic brand computer, runs the Sims 3 perfect, with medium detailing.

I have to say all you guy's computers need updating, or EA really needs to come up with a patch, soon.

SORRY to hear about your games not working guys, wish the best of luck, i know what your missing out on

sweetlttdevl

SacTownFilmer wrote:Why, why, why, can't I play the game for more than 3 mins, without it crashing to the desktop!?

8GBs of RAM.

My computer is a beast. I've had this game for 2 days now and I can't play it. 1st I had the disk error that many have, and had to get a patch just to play it, it won't reconize the disk, (yes I have a DVD player), now I can't play it for more than 3 mins. I am so ******.

*HUG*
I have 4 GB RAM and I'm at I think 2.2 Ghz dual processor. Not so much of a beast but loading time is minimal, even with every detail turned up. I think a ton of people are having your problem actually. I'm going to sound really stupid here but have you tried a check disk or something? My computer acts like its on drugs when I haven't done maintenance recently. If that doesn't work I'm sure they'll fix this soon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 06:57 AM

SacTownFilmer

Liltab1121 wrote:Honestly, i don't know how 'beast' your computer is.

My brother's EMachine, very cheap generic brand computer, runs the Sims 3 perfect, with medium detailing.

I have to say all you guy's computers need updating, or EA really needs to come up with a patch, soon.

SORRY to hear about your games not working guys, wish the best of luck, i know what your missing out on

Yeah a lot of people are able to run it great. I am running it default at high settings because this PC is built to handle those kinds of tasks and more. But I mean let me say again. I have 2 new on the market higher end video cards with 1GB memory each rendering together through SLI, and a duo core processor clocking at 4GHz with 8GB RAM. I in no way should encounter such problems. I've talked to a few other people with high end machines and, they also have problems. Seems to be a heat issue. Even though I have a very good cooling system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 07:09 AM

sweetlttdevl

2 video cards at 1 GB each?? I have 1 with up to 1.9 of my 4 GB of RAM to work with. Maybe its a coding issue with the game and not your computer at all.

My biggest problem was my battery died cause my graphics drain down the battery like no other and it came unplugged...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 07:13 AM

starranchtv

SacTownFilmer wrote:Why, why, why, can't I play the game for more than 3 mins, without it crashing to the desktop!?

8GBs of RAM.

My computer is a beast. I've had this game for 2 days now and I can't play It for more than 3 mins. I am so ******.

sorry to hear this but one thing you might need to know, vista only reads 4gb of ram. if you add more ram than the max, it might read as 1gb. plus, sometimes games won't work right when you overclock.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/09 07:18 AM

sweetlttdevl

starranchtv wrote:

sorry to hear this but one thing you might need to know, vista only reads 4gb of ram. if you add more ram than the max, it might read as 1gb. plus, sometimes games won't work right when you overclock.

Are you sure? Regular Vista will recognize 3 GB, Vista 64 (which I have) will recognize 4 but I'm not sure the upper limit.
RowanLaFolle

As with previous posters, I don't want to dog your system, but just in case this is the problem...there is a post on the Sims 2 Forum that allows you to check your system to see if it is capable of running the Sims 3 without problems. I checked mine and found that it was capable...but BARELY, in some areas...and sure enough, it runs the basic game fine, but it looks like it may have some problems with running it with higher graphics...

If your puter can't run the basic game on default settings without crashing, you may want to look into upgrading your computer. You can't really blame the game if your computer just isn't capable of handling it. Simple upgrades are probably cheaper and easier than you think they are.
sweetlttdevl

RowanLaFolle wrote:As with previous posters, I don't want to dog your system, but just in case this is the problem...there is a post on the Sims 2 Forum that allows you to check your system to see if it is capable of running the Sims 3 without problems. I checked mine and found that it was capable...but BARELY, in some areas...and sure enough, it runs the basic game fine, but it looks like it may have some problems with running it with higher graphics...

If your puter can't run the basic game on default settings without crashing, you may want to look into upgrading your computer. You can't really blame the game if your computer just isn't capable of handling it. Simple upgrades are probably cheaper and easier than you think they are.

Its not that his computer needs upgraded, his is better than mine and I can run smoothly with everything turned up. He was wondering if it was an overheating problem or a problem with the game that is seeming very common here.
JansonMercenary

All versions of Vista 32 bit will recognize up to 4GB of RAM (depending on your motherboard's configuration), with the exception of the starter edition, which will only recognize 1.

The amount Vista 64 bit recognizes depends on your version.

Home recognizes up to 8GB. Premium, 16GB. Business through Ultimate, 128GB.
StrawberrySwirl

Liltab1121 wrote:Honestly, i don't know how 'beast' your computer is.

This just means that how beast the computer is will not save you from stupid bugs :S

The same thing with my computer. I have it in the perfect conditions for the game to play nicely and smooth in the highest graphics, yet, it still runs super slow and has glitches all over. I was kind of expecting this from EA... I mean, I have been a fan since TS1 so this is not new (unfortunately and SO WRONG!) XD but I do hope they release the patch ASAP!

sweetlttdevl

JansonMercenary wrote:All versions of Vista 32 bit will recognize up to 4GB of RAM (depending on your motherboard's configuration), with the exception of the starter edition, which will only recognize 1.

The amount Vista 64 bit recognizes depends on your version.

Home recognizes up to 8GB. Premium, 16GB. Business through Ultimate, 128GB.

When I was going to order my laptop online it told me that to get 4GB of RAM I HAD to have Vista 64. How can you tell what version of 64 you have?? I know i don't have business but i might have one of the others.

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: