Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Launcher trouble, Incompatible Application  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
luner76

Please help,
when the Sims 3 game Launcher opens i get a Script Error that sais,
'Script Error
Line: 363
Char:6
Error: Expected'/'
Code: 0
URL: http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLoca
le=en_US&launcherCountry=GB&var=loggedOut
'

and then it asks me wether i whant to keep running the scripts on this page or not. when i trouble shoot the problem it tells me that 'Sims3Launcher is incompatble' Incompatble application . The game it's self works but i want to sort this issue out because i think this issue prevents me from installing downloaded things from Sims shop because when i try to install something from shop it tells me 'installation failed: please make sure your game has the latest softwere updates and try again'. i have launche on auto update so it should be updated and it tells me so. i don't know what to do anymore, tryed everything including installing in sertain order that i found in forum, deleting things that i found in forums and so on. oh and i did that check thong wether my laptop is suitable to play sims 3 and it has passed with flying colours.My Game Sims 3 Launcher is in Version: 9.0.73.012001 at the moment if this helps, can't update anyferther. Please help me will be much appritiated. Thanx
chloesim123

Hi, sorry if I am not much help but I do have the same problem exactly! Whenever I open my game launcer I get the message of the scripts not working
Line: 363
Character: 6

luner76

mmmmmmmmm...... well at least i know now that im not the only one with the same problem :/ , if you manage to clear that problem please share your succes and i will do the same but i have all ready run out of options on what to do, since i have already looked at all forums and sims3 advise forums and so on .
SarahKate40

Im also recieving the same error has ocurred message but instead of incompatible application I'm getting 'unable to connect to the ea download manager'. I have ignored this for a while as my game still plays but I can't patch my game and so my launcher version is still 8.0.152.011001 If anyone manages to fix this problem please let me share the solution. My game is starting to glitch everywhere and I desperatly need to patch
DarkAmaranth1966

Make sure Java, Internet Explore and Origin are all up to date. See if that clears that script error.

luner76

yer i am starting to get that to now the connection lossing with ea but it doesn't happen all ways to me, i think i should have everything updated, well i just hope that peoplewho developed Sims 3 will look in to all these problems as soon as they can.
RachelSlade

I'm also getting the same message, it started yesterday along with lots of glitches that make my game unplayable! If you find a solution pleeeeease post it here!
kampffenhoff

I have this error and updating everything and re-installing the game made no difference at all. I now have the latest Origin, Java, Net Framework etc and my PC is running wonderfully but I can't get rid of this script error.
theonlysavman

Got same Error here, everything on my pc is up to date, I even did a complete re-install of my pc but I'm still getting the
Line 363
Error message.

Can anyone help?

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 09/06/11 05:55 PM

Lucybaxter2

I am also having this problem. It only started after the most recent patch it seems.
I have also noticed that since it has been happening items I have purchased from the store don't seem to be installing correctly.

I would really love a solution to this problem!
theonlysavman

Ok after contacting chat 3 times now, I've been put onto this link with a paossible patch.

http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5269/

I'll get back to ya all if it works!
theonlysavman

Ok patch did not work for me!
theonlysavman

Everyone, I've spoken to tech support again to try to resolve this issue, they are aware and are working on it!

Hope this helps!
theonlysavman

For those that re-installing the game is an option select United States as your country, you'll find now you'll not get the dreaded Line 363 error message, tried it and it does work.

Good luck!
michealfan09

Im getting so tired of all the problems i have with the sims 3. my launcher won't even open it keep saying "sims3 launcher has stopped working" gosh i can't even play. im starting to get to the point where i am so done with the sims 3 on pc.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: