Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Mood light candles to light room, please  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
AndreeAndree

Even if I have the room practically filled with lit candles, unless there is a regular lamp, the sims will consider it "dark" and get the negative moodlet. I was thinking that the candles would help reduce the bills, if there are no light fixtures for two reasons. One is that the cost of the fixtures wouldn't be included in the value of the house. And then the fixtures themselves wouldn't be using electricity.

I grew the candles on the Omni plants for the specific purpose of lighting up the house. They throw off plenty of light, so what's the deal with the "It's Dark" moodlet. The place is lit up like a landing strip! LOL!
Bluebeard45

I agree with you and seeing how the candle came before the lightbulb we should have more candles.
TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

I miss the tea light candles from sims 2. Seems like a lot of the candles in this game give off harsh lighting. I dim them, but it's not the same. The tea lights in Sims 2 were so much prettier, IMO.

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

rsedorothy

Yes I'd like that too. Growing the candles is something I hadn't thought of. Music and recipe books yes but not candles.
AndreeAndree

Since they're called mood light candles, I also thought they would imbue a positive moodlet. They don't.

I'd also like the glowing bugs and the spirits to light the room as well. The glowing bugs don't put out much light, but it would be a neat bonus to have them act as room lamps.

If there were glowing fish, that could also be used as lamps in a fishbowl. I have only the base game and Ambitions, but I think there's a glowing butterfly too in another EP.

Another idea could have a glowing gem that once cut would also be a light. And one of the metals to glow too. A stack of those would make for a nice lamp. A good reason to smelt the less expensive metals for the bottom, and let the glowing one near the top be the source of light. All kinds of stacked light patterns could be made.

Yes, I liked the tea light candles too, and that's one reason I thought these candles would be similar. Three on the square plate, and I seem to remember them adding a positive moodlet. Or the mood not going down as much when the candles (or other lights) were left on.

AndreeAndree

rsedorothy wrote:Yes I'd like that too. Growing the candles is something I hadn't thought of. Music and recipe books yes but not candles.

You can even light the candles while they are on the Omni plant. I put up a few pictures for you, one with the candles on the plant lit up at night, one with the candles lit during the day, and one with the unlit candles.

Here's the lit-at-night image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96179754@N00/6102018497

I moved it to the darkest spot I could find outdoors.

If I could plant the Omni plant in a pot indoors, that would totally rock. Like people have herbs in their kitchen, we could have an Omni plant right there to feed, water, fertilize and harvest from. In a pot we could use it as a light source too.

Er, but I suppose the plant would eventually die, and the candles would disappear. I haven't seen how long the Omni plant will hold the candles before dying or losing the candles.
jake06

World Adventures we have the glowing butterflies but they're really hard to find. The gem we have its an alien gem which can be cut into a spire which "spits" out a green colour. I don't think it works as a light though. On another note good idea. I also think we should have MORE candles other than the yellow one. On the first base game cover on the table in the pic on the back or fireplace i forget there is a set of candles that are bigger than each other that I'd like but I could never find so I wish they could add more candles in the candle misc section not as table lamps

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: