Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Outta the Wood Work : A 100 Baby Challenge - DISCONTINUED due to Glitches D: D: D:  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Lynnwood

DISCONTINUED!!

Sadly this challenge had to be discontinued due to a weird glitch where I could no longer take screenshots without the game crashing. D: I'll consider myself lucky to have gotten to the half-way point at least before it had to end.

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who took the journey with me, as well as donated daddies to help Holly make the pretty Woods. I apologize to all those who took the time to make daddies or donate them, who I didn't get a chance to use. I'm keeping the links however, and plan to sprinkle them into my other games to hopefully procreate and make possible future spouses.

If this is your first visit here, feel free to read through what I managed to get done. I've been told it's half-way amusing.

Hello all! You can call me Lynn, and this here is Holly Wood, our many-baby-momma-to-be.

She looks so excited doesn't she . . .

I decided I'd give the 100 Baby Challenge a go, after being inspired by the lovely Amberwaves (as so many of us have been) and others. These are the particular guidelines I'll be following in my challenge, a little bit different than some ;

* I'll be playing in the Hidden Springs town.

* Unlike most, I won't be doing the 'rags to riches' part of the challenge. As part of her storyline, Holly has inherited 20,000 simoleons and a nice big house to get her started. She'll then receive an additional 10,000 of the inheritance per child born.

* All traits of the children will be determined through random rolling. There will be no influencing of baby gender (through foods) or messing with the physical traits after birth in CAS. I'll change hairstyles and clothes, but that's it.

* Each pregnancy must have a different father.

* Toddlers must be taught to walk, talk and use the potty before being aged up.

* Once a new addition to the family is made, each child will be aged up to the next category. Once they reach YA, the children will be moved out into the town to spread their own wings and fly (or crash headlong into a tree).

* No butlers or babysitters or maids (anymore, I fired the useless guy finally and am just gonna make due with child labor . . . I mean, Holly's hard work. ).

* I'll try to leave the kids mostly autonomous, but I'm usually very particular about controlling everybody. So this isn't something I can guarantee. (read : probably not gonna happen)

* Child Naming - In keeping with the theme of the family, I'm going to attempt to name every child after some sort of plant (tree, flower, bush, etc). Wish me luck!

Outta the Wood Work Blog can also be viewed, if you prefer to read without the comments and chatter in between.

Holly's Family Tree Beware of spoilers.

Gender Count :
23 Boys

28 Girls

Wood Babies

Note - It has recently come to my attention that some of the Wood children have been removed off of the exchange for whatever reason. I've replaced them with mediafire links to download their .sim files instead.

#1 Cypress Wood (male)
#2 Aspen Wood (male)
#3 Hyacinth Wood (female, twin)
#4 Hydrangea Wood (female, twin)
#5 Pepper Wood (female, twin)
#6 Poppy Wood (female, twin)
#7 Maple Wood (female, twin)
#8 Magnolia Wood (female, twin)
#9 Kale Wood (male)
#10 Hawthorn Wood (male)
#11 Cedar Wood (male)
#12 Ash Wood (male, twin)
#13 Tulip Wood (female, twin)
#14 Elm Wood (male)
#15 Oak Wood (male)
#16 Sycamore Wood (male, triplet)
#17 Sage Wood (male, triplet)
#18 Sunflower Wood (female, triplet)
#19 Chrysanthemum Wood Ghost or Regular Sim (female)
#20 Heather Wood (female)
#21 Chestnut Wood (male, twin)
#22 Calla Lily Wood (female, twin)
#23 Bellflower Wood (female, twin)
#24 Bismarck Wood (male, twin)
#25 Waterlily Wood (female, triplet)
#26 Willow Wood (female, triplet)
#27 Wysteria Wood (female, triplet)
#28 Ginger Wood (female, twin)
#29 Goditia Wood (female, twin)
#30 Carnation Wood (female)
#31 Veronica Wood (female)
#32 Summer's Darling (female, triplet)
#33 Sequoia Wood (female, triplet)
#34 Strawberry Wood (female, triplet)
#35 Wolfsbane Wood (male)
#36 Pistachio Wood (male)
#37 Carrot Wood (male, triplet)
#38 Cactus Wood (male, triplet)
#39 Cherry Wood (female, triplet)
#40 Sansevieria Wood (female, twin)
#41 Snapdragon Wood (female, twin)
#42 Birch Wood (male)
#43 Parsley Wood (male, twin)
#44 Primrose Wood (female, twin)
#45 Mulberry Wood (male, twin)
#46 Myrtle Wood (female, twin)
#47 Hickory Wood (male)
#48 Pecan Wood (male, twin)
#49 Pine Wood (male, twin)
#50 Thyme Wood (male) MEDIAFIRE
#51 Fern Wood (female)

List of Daddies

#1 Sebastian Vanderburg
Cypress
#2 Liam O'Dourke
Aspen
#3 Sonny Daye (made by Lynnwood)
Hyacinth and Hydrangea
#4 Brayden Lively (made by HalcyonKat)
Pepper and Poppy
#5 Gavin Faradi (made by Trishg21)
Maple and Magnolia
#6 Blaze Hespepo (made by Amberwaves)
Kale
#7 Elias Smith (made by SCEI)
Hawthorn
#8 Tierney Moore (made by Miax0)
Cedar
#9 Raizo Ozunu (made by Jazen)
Ash and Tulip
#10 B.o.b.o Imagine (made by EA/Amberwaves)
Elm
#11 Brandon Fanatics (made by Nancy)
Oak
#12 Twitch Doll (Imaginary Friend)
Sycamore, Sage and Sunflower
#13 Kai Hespepo (made by Amberwaves)
Chrysanthemum
#14 Mason Cooper (made by pixzi)
Heather
#15 Fintan Skye (made by Spiderg1rl)
Chestnut and Calla Lily
#16 Jordan Mallone (made by Phaeton)
Bellflower and Bismarck
#17 Orphal Orphellus (made by Jojo777)
Waterlily, Willow and Wysteria
#18 Augustus Belarius (made by Jessu)
Ginger and Goditia
#19 Wyatt Sky (made by Spiderg1rl)
Carnation
#20 Sebastian Vanderghast (made by Jessu)
Veronica Wood
#21 Sunny Welle (made by Froggiesim)
Summer's Darling, Sequoia and Strawberry
#22 Loki Meryls (made by Phaeton)
Wolfsbane
#23 Jason Heartbreaker (made by tiggerwv)
Pistachio
#24 Kurt Oliver (made by Rhett9)
Carrot, Cactus and Cherry
#25 Tezcacoatl Serpentine aka The Snake (made by Cereline_x)
Sansevieria and Snapdragon
#26 Coby D.u.m.a.s (EA Premade Genie)
Birch
#27 Romeo Tempest (made by Jojo777)
Parsley and Primrose
#28 Levi Mahoney (made by Jagpacker26)
Mulberry and Myrtle
#29 Lancelot Majore (made by Writergurl97)
Hickory
#30 Remedy Mars (made by Jessu)
Pecan and Pine
#31 Betelgeuse Burton (made by Jessu)
Thyme
#32 Avery Star (made by 123StarStrukk)
Fern

This message was edited 242 times. Last update was at 06/21/13 07:52 PM

Lynnwood

This is me, Holly Wood. Traits - Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, Brave, Nurturing, Family Oriented.

I'm currently standing outside this huge house I just inherited in the beautiful resort town of Hidden Springs. Awesome, right? Except that it comes with a few . . . strings attached. Apparently I'm the very last of my family bloodline. My great-great Uncle Cypress, after spending his life unsuccessfully trying to add to the family tree (read: complete social disaster) left everything in his will to me; a huge house, and over a million simoleons in cash. But in order to claim and keep it all, I apparently have to single-handedly bring the Wood family back from the brink of extinction. I only get the house and 20,000 up front, and then another 10,000 for every child born. Yeah, you read that right. The kooky old bat wants me to have a hundred kids! And not only that. In order to insure the best possible flooding of the gene-pool, I have to nab a different father each time I get pregnant!

I guess it's a good thing I wanted children in the first place.

And So It Begins :

After arriving, Holly explores the house a little, and it quickly becomes apparent just how much old Uncle Cypress wanted kids.

Holly actually starts to feel a bit sorry for him . . .

Out in the garage, she spies some sort of chemical lab. Holly's got a bit of scientific knowledge herself (maybe it's inherited?) First thing's first: if she's going to attract all these men, and stay alive long enough to have a hundred babies, she's going to have to do something about her limited lifespan.

With that research underway, Holly stepped outside only to be greeted by a member of Hidden Springs' upstanding Police Department. Who also happened to be the Prince of the town. Sebastian Vanderburg.

Who better to add to her lagging family's genetics? With this in mind she slipped into something a little more . . . revealing, and introduced herself.

Within moments he was putty in her hands. And she thought to herself, this is going to be easier than I thought . . . .

The two headed upstairs and got even more comfortable . . . and cozy.

Which lead to the inevitable.

After that, Sebastian had to leave. But he left a very happy camper.

This message was edited 28 times. Last update was at 03/17/12 06:41 AM

HalcyonKat

Welcome aboard the 100 Baby Bandwagon!
Feel free to use any Male's from my Studio as Daddies!^-^
I'll be sure to add Holly to one of my "Baby Momma" houses so she can reap havoc in my town with Fayth!

Edit: Just noticed you wanted CC free, if you like any of the guys in my studio, just let me know and I'll upload a CC free version of them for ya.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/04/11 04:52 PM

Lynnwood

The next day, while working on a chemical solution to her lifespan problem, Holly began to feel a bit under the weather.

If this was morning sickness, it officially sucked.

A few days later, about to attend a pool party hosted by Sebastian, Holly discovered that her tryst with the host had indeed paid off, to the tune of a lovely baby bump.

While at the party, she also met the acquaintance of an adorably geeky fellow by the name of Liam O'Dourke. She couldn't do much about it now, but endeavored to keep him in mind for later.

The days passed, mostly with Holly out in the garage, trying to discover that perfect combination of chemicals. And then, suddenly, it hit.

Totally Preggers mentioned something about 'labor pains.' It said nothing about feeling like you were ejecting your spleen through your nostrils!

The pain was intense, but in the end Holly received a treasure for her troubles.

Meet Cypress Wood! (Yes, named for the kook responsible for all this. Holly thought it was fitting.)

Born with the traits Grumpy and Loner. Apprently he might be taking after ol' Uncle Cypress in more than just name.

Bonus Pics :

Cypress trying to figure out this whole 'blocks' thing -

And lovin' the horsie -

Enjoying his dinner a little too much perhaps -

And his IF Doll helpfully pointing the way to the potty (he did this all on his own, lol )

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/02/11 06:04 AM

Lynnwood

HalcyonKat wrote:Welcome aboard the 100 Baby Bandwagon!
Feel free to use any Male's from my Studio as Daddies!^-^
I'll be sure to add Holly to one of my "Baby Momma" houses so she can reap havoc in my town with Fayth!

Edit: Just noticed you wanted CC free, if you like any of the guys in my studio, just let me know and I'll upload a CC free version of them for ya.

Ty for the welcome! I'll check out your studio and see what's what. Thanks!

trishg21

Great start! Feel free to use any of my boys. If you need them CC free I'd be happy to upload them for you.

SCDS1997

Oooh I love this! I love the nursery, it's soo cute (:

Lynnwood

SCDS1997 wrote:Oooh I love this! I love the nursery, it's soo cute (:

Heheh, tyies. ^ ^ I don't like building so much, but decorating a specific room can be fun. I loved the teddybear/koala themed furniture from the store.

@ HalcyonKat and Trishg21, Brayden Lively and Gavin Faradi have been added to the Daddy List. Though, Gavin's hair did not come with him, so I had to give him a haircut. I hope that's ok. I tried to find one as similar to what he's supposed to have.

SCDS1997

Same! I love decorating rooms for people, I just don't like building. I'm actually great at building the average suburban home, because I'm surrounded by them (: Although they may not be modestly priced in Simoleons

SCEI

Elias Smith would love to be a part of your challenge!
Lynnwood

SCEI wrote:Elias Smith would love to be a part of your challenge!

Mr. Elias added to the baby-daddy list. Tyies for the donation.

Miax0

Welcome to the baby challenge bandwagon~! ^_^
I'm really liking your challenge so far (:
Feel free to use any of my sons from my baby challenge as a daddy. They can be downloaded here

Bookmarking

Lynnwood

Woo-hoo! Ty for the bookmark! And Tierney Moore is being added to the Baby-Daddy donations list.

Nancy01905

you can grab males out of my studio

some are berry sims the link for the skins are my blog the hair is recolor by me

SCDS1997

Looking forward to the next update (:

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: