Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New store content patch glitch  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Jadeyhorsey

On the sims launcher, the whole 'New store content Patch availble appears' Its options are Yes No and Later.Well I click later and it still doesn't work, so I clicked no and nothing happened. So i decided to click yes, but still nothing happens.Now I'm unable to play my game because that keeps appearing/ I do not want to re-install my games. So any help????
Paneity

Im having this problem too. I can't play my game at all because I can't get rid of it. You have to close the launcher via task manager :/
XDragonFlyX

Yes, I'm getting the same issue - the buttons all appear to work but do nothing and the launcher is unuseable. The script error box appears behind the new patch notification, but can't be clicked to bring to front.

Only way of starting the game is via the exe file.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
momboqueen

I pushed later and it went away. What I wanted to know is if I need to prepare for it like I would a game patch ie pulling out my mods folder and all that.
crinrict

Is your origin up-to-date ?

No, you don't need to take out mod folders. All it does is download a file to your contentPatch folder in documents.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/10/11 01:01 PM

momboqueen

Thx wasn't sure what to do
theebrooke

I don't know what this origin thing is, but I can't even close my launcher once it says "not responding". How do I get around this to play the game? **in dummy terms? **
dark5id3

theebrooke wrote:I don't know what this origin thing is, but I can't even close my launcher once it says "not responding". How do I get around this to play the game? **in dummy terms? **

This is not a solution for the launcher but if you want to play, start the game from the TS3W.exe file. You will find it at the path... C/Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin/TS3W

crinrict

Origin is the new download manager and can be found here: http://www.origin.com/download

You probably have a little orange circle icon running in your tray. Open that and see if it prompts you to update.

LukeysEmmy

I am also having this problem!! It is VERY irritating and I don't want to always have to start my game from that exe file thing (I've not even tried it out yet, came on the forums first for advice on how to run the game). My save-game already has a glitch that makes playing so much less fun...
...Lol I should just go back to playing my new Spore game, I was enjoying that

Btw, I do not have Origin, I have EADM. Is it worth updating to Origin? I didn't really want to since EADM has always worked for me, I've downloaded loads of Store content with no issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/10/11 06:50 PM

smileyoureonfire

I was just playing my game when all of a sudden it froze so I had to force quit and lose all of what I was working on. When I restarted the launcher it popped up a message that read "New store content Patch available" but before I can even click yes, no, or later I get a pop up that says "launcher has stopped working" and completely kicks me out of the launcher so I cannot play the game! I get the Patch pop up and then it just crashes on me. This is really irritating because I lost all of my content that I was working on and now I can't even play.

I have Origin installed (installed it a few days ago) and the only game expansion pack I have is World Adventures. When I go into Origin it says, "You are not connected. Please make sure you're connected to the internet and then try again." -- I am clearly connected to the internet. Please help!

--- EDIT: It looks like I got it to work.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/10/11 07:29 PM

crinrict

There was an origin update yesterday. Update your origin and try again (and yes if you still have EADM, you should update.

BubblesG84

I am having the same problem and I have no idea how to start it away from the launcher I hope it gets sorted.

PS: Hello, I'm Bella!
DolphineQ

I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts.
I got through on the online support and they gave me THIS link, telling me to manually download the update to the basegame from the link: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5269/

Thing is, when I downloaded the file the support person told me to, it was an OLD version of the basegame, and the file required me to uninstall my base game.

Uhm yeah, like I'm gonna uninstall my base game and reinstall EVERY BLOODY expansion after reinstalling with this file, which will require to be updated when I add one of the expansions again?? I don't think so...

I said this to the support person and BOOM, I got disconnected from the support chat... am now number 16 in que and expecting a 30 minute wait to talk to another support person.

I'm not particularly impressed. Origin isn't working either, it just sits there and does nothing when I try to start my games though it.

EA; we would love it if you'd roll back to BEFORE this patch and build a PROPER patch instead. If you roll back, at least we're able to play while you figure out what you did wrong with this patch.

XDragonFlyX

I updated EADM to Origin and the problem still persists.

None of the links/buttons do anything and the whole thing has to be closed via task manager.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: