Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sim stuck on my lot  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Scorpina2009

There is a sim stuck on my sim's apartment lot. He is down in the lobby by the call box. He has been down there a while so he needs a shower and he is very hungry. I tried to have my sim cook and take him some food, but I couldn't put it in the inventory. He is down there waving his arms and having a fit. LOL I don't know what to do.

One time at one of the clubs that local Bianca Rubble or something....was stuck in some bushes and waving her hands around. LOL it was funny.
CuddlyBun

Have you tried resetting him? That usually sends them home or gets them out of a stuck spot.

Open the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C), and type "resetsim firstname lastname" (without quotes) replacing firstname and lastname with the name of the sim.

Example: resetsim Bob Newbie

StellaToronto

It kind of depends on if you like the trapped sim or not.
Are they Papparazzi? Sometimes they will hang around your lot for a very long time. I usually delete them.
Don't worry it doesn't hurt.(probably)
Otherwise the reset sim option usually works fine.

ctrl/shift/c
testingcheatsenabled true
hold shift & click on sim.
Option window will open, then you can decide what you would like to do with trapped sim.

Good luck clearing the lobby.

Scorpina2009

CuddlyBun wrote:Have you tried resetting him? That usually sends them home or gets them out of a stuck spot.

Open the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C), and type "resetsim firstname lastname" (without quotes) replacing firstname and lastname with the name of the sim.

Example: resetsim Bob Newbie

thank you for your answer ! I will do that as soon I get home today. I don't want him to be stuck any longer; I don't want him to die.
Scorpina2009

StellaToronto wrote:It kind of depends on if you like the trapped sim or not.
Are they Papparazzi? Sometimes they will hang around your lot for a very long time. I usually delete them.
Don't worry it doesn't hurt.(probably)
Otherwise the reset sim option usually works fine.

ctrl/shift/c
testingcheatsenabled true
hold shift & click on sim.
Option window will open, then you can decide what you would like to do with trapped sim.

Good luck clearing the lobby.

Don't you have to enter that testingcheatsenabled true from the World or Neighborhood view, before you go into the lot??
StellaToronto

I usually open cheats option everytime save has loaded.
It lets me fix problems that undoubtably come up anytime I play.
You can enter cheat option at anytime.
During game play, edit town, build/buy, whenever.
It just adds more options in game play and trouble shooting.

I like to use it to redress Townies when I find them wearing
questionable CC. Some sims should never wear short shorts.

Scorpina2009

I love your avatar.

You are right, some shouldn't wear short shorts. Some are running around my world without pants at all! just a shirt. Or vise versa.

i know it is bad cc; I have just been too lazy to get rid of it.
i know my game sure has slowed down and freezes up too much. i'll have to go in and delete a bunch of stuff i've downloaded.

i try to only download "no cc" stuff, but somewhere I have downloaded some bad cc. my babies and toddlers are all bent. when they are old enough to take to the salons, I'll change their clothes and they are fine.

Still, that is too much trouble!
StellaToronto

Usings the cheat option is a quick fix for NPC costume malfunctions as well as morphed family babies. You just use cheat to take sim back to CAS and change them out of offending CC.

I got the naked sim thing too. I picked it up from the exchange, since it was the only place I had been downloads content.
Hidden clothing file.
Someones idea of joke I guess.

I downloaded a Sim 3 package editor, so its not so hard to find & remove the truly ugly/annoying CC.

You haven't said whether you managed to free your trapped sim.
Can't leave us in suspense.

P.S. My Avatar thanks you for the compliment. She turned out OK. I have yet to see anyone like her.

Scorpina2009

LOL I forgot to play that family last night! I chose another family that I have not played in a while and forgot to check on the trapped sim. I will do that tonight and let you guys know tomorrow!

Yes, your avatar is very unique; that is what so cool about her. She looks full of personality. I have always liked the unique ones.

I need to download that sims3 package editor. Can you download it from the sims 3 website?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/11 02:43 PM

StellaToronto

The secret to my avatar is that she looks like a real person with lots of personality. Having a few options as to which headshot to use is good too.

The package editor was not from ea.
I found info on the forum where to get them. Googling works too.
At MTS you can find a few programs to edit files or manage installed content.
Sims3dashboard or s3pe are variations on this.
There are probably others, but these have worked for me.

You can be my first friend.

fanpire01

there is a sim that i didnt make that came to my sims' wedding, and she has been stuck there since they were legit married, clapping! help!!!!!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: