Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Explicit Magazine *Announcement Page 105!* *Issue 1 "Released" Page 106!*  XML
Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
drew10player

Location:♪This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me♫

Visit us over at Simpure Thoughts.

explicit- clear and obvious

Among all the other magazines in the simming community, Explicit Magazine may just appear to be another spec in the crowd, but hopefully, once you see what we’re capable of, you’ll realize we’re much more than that. Explicit plans on being a fun, entertaining read while also managing to inform you about the latest happenings in the simming world. Ranging from the latest fashion trends to recaps on your favorite legacies, Explicit is going to try its best to cover as many aspects of the community as possible.

Ad Directors are responsible for creating, you guessed it, ads. Not only should these people be able to take great looking in game shots, but they should also be phenomenal editors. The ads will obviously be trying to sell some sort of product or advertise an upcoming event, so the photos should be persuasive and intriguing.
Pose Player: required
Photography: excellent
Editing: excellent
Writing: no skill required

If you view yourself as a seasoned modeler, then this position is the one for you! Basically, you’ll be taking photos as you would be for a modeling competition, relating to the specific theme of the magazine issue. You should also be able to take phenomenal photos of landscapes, scenery and locations. Although you won’t be doing that as often, it will still appear from time to time.
Editing: not required (some basic skills preferred)
Writing: no skill required

This position is rather self-explanatory, I think. Each month, you’ll most likely be writing a story or two. And depending on what else we have planned for that issue, you might also have a few other odd jobs. Also, we’d love it if you’re able to take your own pictures for your stories, but if you’re unable to, we can have our Photographers help you out.
Pose Player: not required
Photography: not required (some skill preferred)
Editing: no skill required
Writing: excellent

Have an eye for what’s hot and what’s not in the fashion world? Then look no further, this is just the position for you. Each month, depending on the issue’s theme, you’ll have to take pictures of your models in the appropriate attire on solid backgrounds. Also, for this position, make sure you’re able to link us to each piece of CC used in each outfit. You’ll also be asked to write brief descriptions about your outfits.
Editing: not required (some basic skills preferred)
Writing: some basic skill

Explicit is honestly looking for the best of the best. Don’t assume just because you apply before anyone else, that you’re going to get the position. Jackie and I are going to thoroughly look over your application, and if we don’t feel that you’re style of work is what our magazine is looking for, then we unfortunately will not be accepting you. Also, please don’t think that if you know Jackie or me from around the forums, that we’ll automatically add you, like I said, we want to give everyone a fair and equal chance. Finally, our team will be working out of Simpure Thoughts, so if you’re opposed to joining an external site, then this is not the magazine for you. That being said, good luck! Please visit our website and fill out the application form there if you’re interested!

This message was edited 57 times. Last update was at 02/12/12 05:01 AM

drew10player

Location:♪This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me♫

Rather than having an issue out every month, Explicit is planning on releasing an issue every two months. As the editor, I don’t want to end up getting too stressed out about things, and I don’t want my staff to feel that way either. If things go smoothly for the first few issues, who knows, maybe we’ll be able to publish an issue on a monthly basis.

Cover photo taken by Drew.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/13/11 03:20 AM

drew10player

Just in case... ;D

ArtistByNight

Looks like a good magazine, but i'm not talented enough for any of those :/

bluebunnirabitt

I like the idea of the Publicist, but I kind of have a lot of weight on my shoulders right now...... I'll be lurking until I'm sure i can join.

IMAGINATION
Sugarshoes9cc

ArtistByNight wrote:Looks like a good magazine, but i'm not talented enough for any of those :/

saame :/
But I'll lurk

drew10player

ArtistByNight wrote:Looks like a good magazine, but i'm not talented enough for any of those :/

Thanks! :3
Keep working at your skills then, we'd love to have you once you feel that you're ready!

@bluebunnirabbit: Okay! ^-^

@Sugarshoes9cc: Oh, okay! :]
The same thing I said to ArtistByNight applies to you, too! ;D

Scruffy19

Drew, You know I HAVE to join this!
It looks amazing, and not only that; But I'm going to miss you when I'm not in any of your competitions!
I'm filling out the application on the website now; hopefully... hopefully you'll hire me!
brilldoc

Location:♫I wanna sing, I wanna shout I wanna scream till the words dry out♪

Sugarshoes9cc wrote:

saame :/
But I'll lurk

Same here too
Good luck with it though guys, bet it's gonna be great and can't wait to see how it goes
ilovetaylorlatner

Location:I'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a lego house...~LDH :3

o_o

I have to join this. Run by Drew and Jackie? Ohemgeeee <3

drew10player

Scruffy19 wrote:Drew, You know I HAVE to join this!
It looks amazing, and not only that; But I'm going to miss you when I'm not in any of your competitions!
I'm filling out the application on the website now; hopefully... hopefully you'll hire me!

Kelsey! <3
Yay, I'm so glad you're interested! ^-^

@Emma: Thanks! :3

@Lucy:
Woot! x]

Niabur

:O DREW!

Maybe.. Maybe... :3

ilovetaylorlatner

Hehe, just looking at the application form...I have a feeling I'd be best suited to writer, I fail at anything else Still might not be up to scratch though

Jacquelinejvr

Looks awesome Drew! So glad you got it up. ^-^

@ Lucy The recipe for awesomeness, eh?

ilovetaylorlatner

It most definitely is ;D

Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: