Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Origin won't install Sims 3  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
nosoche

I've been struggling with this problem for a while, and I really don't understand what's going on. I'm at the point where Origin has the "Ready to Install" button available for me under the Sims 3. I can click on it and go through the regular installation process until I get to the Country and Region Selection menu. I select my country (U.S.) and Origin shows me that it is installing, but after a few seconds/minute it goes back to the "ready to install" button and will repeat the cycle. This is incredibly frustrating as I don't know what's causing this problem or how to fix it, so any help is appreciated.
Nichaedemus

Hi,

The following thread may be of help to you:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/439212.page

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
SimGuru_DaPrez

nosoche,
I apologize for the issues you've encountered. Try manually uninstalling Origin and reinstalling. I have included an FAQ explaining how to manually uninstall Origin for your convenience:

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66

Thank you!
-DaPrez-
nosoche

I tried both reinstalling origin and attempting to use the installer that bypasses origin, but neither solution helped my problem.
Gotherlee

If you haven't updated windows that's your problem. (I had a similiar problem.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/11 12:09 AM

nosoche

Okay, well after going into preferences for the installer outside of origin and unchecking my "run in compatability mode" box, the installation continued and finished. However, when I click on my desktop icon, it now tells me that "Windows is searching for Sims3Launcher.exe" and will continue to do so until it times out. So, still can't play, any answers for my latest problem?
Nichaedemus

After turning off the setup installer's computability mode setting, did you install the game via Origin or did you run the installer directly through Windows? If you ran the installer directly, you can try uninstalling the game and reinstall via Origin.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
nosoche

The problem with Origin still persists regardless of compatability mode. The only reason I was able to install it in the first place was because I installed it through Windows.
blahblahh6

this worked for me i hope it helps you

I'm still unable to install the game directly from Origin, however I did check out my Origin games files from C: > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims(TM)3
In the The Sims(TM)3 file, there's the 'sims3setup'. I clicked on it and it installed! You can apparently download stuff like that in Origin, but you can't install atm. I'm not sure why but . . . Yeah.
hope this helps
paulasedai

Did anyone manage to find a fix for this issue? I've tried just about everything I've read in the forums...but, still cannot get TS3 to install via Origin! Oh, I can install thru Windows, but it won't launch.
kosakfamily

THIS IS THE SOLUTION

The problem is that the download and install sticks some files in the new \Origin Games\ directory but sticks some in the old \Electronic Arts\ directory

1) When you install it you have to go to the \Origin Games\ subdirectory c:\programn files\origin games\The Sims 3\game
and change the .ex_ file to .exe

2) then go to the \program files\origin games\the sims 3\
directory and MANUALLY start the installer

3) THEN CHOOSE CUSTOM INSTALL ~!!!

4) Remove \Electonic Arts\ dir name from the install path and put in \Origin Games\ in its place

it will install and run correctly then

Ninamca

My origin downloader won't open up or let me install The Sims 3: Showtime EP. Does anyone know how to fix it??
Dawnmccarthy

I've had the problem where origin wouldn't install Sims 3, at first, but I tried again today and it installed. I assume one has to wait until payment has gone through after a few business days, or get the "Must log in as administrator" error?
commeuneplume

Location:my love has concrete feet. my love's an iron ball, wrapped around your ankles, over the waterfall.

Dawnmccarthy wrote:I've had the problem where origin wouldn't install Sims 3, at first, but I tried again today and it installed. I assume one has to wait until payment has gone through after a few business days, or get the "Must log in as administrator" error?

Im having the "run as administrator" error as well... (Pets EP)

I have been on the chat for an hour trying to solve this issue. I will update if the problems clears. Glad to have found this forum and know I'm not the only one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/19/12 03:17 AM

tonimccole

I FINALLY FOUND HOW TO FIX IT

Hope it works for everyone who is having the same problem.

I have had the same problem for a few months and after numerous chats with origin workers one of them actually helped me.

First you need to go into the start menu, then go into control panel, then add new user account. Make this one an administrator account. After you complete them steps enter your new user account and download origin into this user if it is not already there. You should now be able to install your sims game without any problems.

Let me know if it works.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: