Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Daughter in China belongs to my sim???? HOW?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
XTS2009

Sorry about page 3 guys... I don't know how to fix it just now.. It's stretched bad. Hope this opens page 4 for ya.. Make it easier to navigate.

If you know how I can fix it, can ya post it? I can't guarantee I'll remember to check back right away, it's a major birthday month.

I wonder if you guys have the problem still.. Mine is now.... Yubi is gone, it's still showing relationship status but she's gone.. I don't know if it was a patch or the Ambitions ep that did it but she's no where to be found. No interactions available. The family doesn't show a image for the family anymore either.. She just disappeared.

That game also won't always save (the error code issue, think it was 12) sometimes but then again it will save sometimes. lol Maybe it fixed itself? It didn't save the first few times then it began saving when I'd only change a few thing at once then save. Weird.

Sorry about the troubles you guys have had with it. Hopefully this *fix* will fix it for you guys, too. aaaannnnddd sorry about being away so long. Soooo busy for me off and on.. For quite a while sometimes..

WOW, page 3.. you guys had some experiences! I do hope it's fixed! I do miss Yubi though.. but it needs fixed. I was just trying to work with it.. Kinda got to liking the idea of her being part of the family.. Unforutately I didn't get to keep her.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/18/10 06:22 AM

theonesuluv

This same thing has happened to me. Just now actually. I was throwing a party in China and this little girl came and I didn't invite her. I give her a Friendly Introduction and she turns out to be my daughter! I checked the family tree and everything. She is mine and has my last name. I looked to see who the father is and his name is Chen Williams. He even looks like the man who XTS2009 showed in her screenshot. I guess this pretty much means it's a bug. Only difference between her guy and mine is that mine has passed on. I've never been married in this game and I've never had a child. This is really funny.
Joeyjojo88

OMG I was exploring a tomb in China and a little girl ran up to me - guess what?! She's my sim's daughter. Quite amusing as she has no children or even a husband - I should imagine the same kind of Sims 3 glitch devilness has struck again!

However, the dilemma is what to do about it? I don't have control of the child but my sim does acknowledge that she is her "daughter" (big breakthrough!) I also didn't really want a child, especially with some unknown weirdo...but I feel morally responsible for her?! Where is Jeremy Kyle when you need him?

I guess this must be what it is like for a man to suddenly find out he has unknown offspring?!
sashunya10

That happened to me, but my sim was in Egypt and her mood was "heart broken". Nobody had died in her family, so I looked in her "relations ships panel" and I saw some eygeptoin girl as her daughter, and when I checked her family tree that girl was there too!
rowancirrus

This happened to me as well. My sim went to China to fulfill a quest and all of a sudden he has a daughter by an old (dead, he did get the heartbroken moodlet) woman he had never interacted with.

I was wondering if maybe this was a problem of cloning/stroy progression. I have heard of people encountering clones of their sims. Maybe my sim's clone stayed in China and married this old woman?

Another thing...I had my sim go on vacation to China for a long time the previous time he was there...he had all of the traveler rewards, and had level 3 visa there. I had him leave early. Do you think that the game maybe didn't realize that he had left early and had him do things in the time that was remaining? I have no idea what to think. It is really annoying, though.

Has anyone continued to play their game when it is messed up like this? I don't mind working with this storyline (though I am getting him married ASAP so it doesn't happen again, hopefully), but I don't want to keep playing him if my neighborhood/sim is messed up and is going to crash my game eventually.
Writin_Reg

It's not a glitch. It's part of WA and it does not mess up your game. Just like Ambitions your sims can get children from travelling in the time machine as well.

Ozzie1985

Same thing happened to me when I had WA installed. My female sim went over to China..met a sim..got married...had her chinese sim move to SV with her. After 3 kids with her husband and me being bored with that family I moved on to another family to play. Well weeks later I go back to that family and she has a son with some random chinese guy..and later a toddler girl with a different guy. I never went to visit those illegitimate kids either since I have no clue how to find them and I didn't want illegitimate kids living with my tight bonded family,
Corwin_Alexander

Writin_Reg wrote:It's not a glitch. It's part of WA and it does not mess up your game. Just like Ambitions your sims can get children from travelling in the time machine as well.

Doesn't mess up your game? IDK. My sim has a boyfriend she's never met and that messes up relationships. Her father has a child in Egypt (The Hosni family... seems to cause the problem in Egypt) he never had, and that child's stepbrother has a child with her. It's messed up!

I couldn't care less about the DNA theft that resulted in the children, but creating a relationship causes problems when she tries to have an actual one. That is also messed up.

My take on it is that while you're adventuring, there's this family of sims in each country that serriptitiously steals your DNA and performs an in vitro bit of magic. Only that doesn't explain the BF thing... how did that happen? Did he start telling people he had this canadian girlfriend and people started to believe him? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GirlfriendInCanada)
xenawannabe

That's weird. I have the exact same issue. I have a daughter in Egypt that I never gave birth to. The family tree shows her father is dead and she has a half brother. But when I go to Egypt, I can't find any of these people. And I can't call them since I apparently never met her, so my child is lost somewhere in Egypt!
ladiieblaze

hey, the same thing happened to me lol i went to china again and then i was broken hearted because my asian husband ( whom i never knew about) died and then in my friends it showed i had a son who lived in the household "hong", so weird
XTS2009

@theonesuluv, That is strange but I would not be surprised if it's the same guy!Since this happened and after all this time has gone by, I have learned it was a bug. Hopefully you, nor anyone else is going through it (unless you really enjoy it lol). I do still think of Yubi. I know you, nor anyone else who's posted, will likely see this post but I feel bad I had forgotten about this post all this time and see some have posted. My apologies!

@Joeyjojo88, LOL I guess it must be how they feel! I never thought of it that way. Thank goodness this wasn't real life, aye? Did you ever find Jeremy Kyle? Was that the dad's name?

@sashunya10, so it can happen in any location, I see. I would think the "stone heart" LTR would've been great for a few of you. I must confess that I'm glad my sim had it. She rarely worried over anything. Good job figuring it out though!

@rowancirrus, good point but with a clone, I don't think it'd affect the relationship panel.. but I can't be sure, this issue has long passed me *knock on wood* so far. lol you had mentioned the level 3 visa and your sim left early.. Wonder what he was doing while he was gone & in two places at once.. I never thought of that situation either. :o No, I have not played her in a long time but I believe I still have the save file. My game has been lagging since Showtime EP. Extreme pauses I've never had before. But, now that you mention that, I may try to play her soon. I fixed my error code 12 so I should be able to save unless it's corrupt. Though I had a corrupt file recently and have played it after I fixed the error code 12 problem (allowing more ram to be used to save the game). I was out of resources concerning ram (have 4 gig, 32 bit vista). Yeah, I'll have to try that when I get more time to see.

@Writin_Reg, Apparently it was a buggy story progression after all. ^.^ Or at least it seems that way. Clones were also an issue, amongst a few other things. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:UI_and_Sim_Issues

@Ozzie1985, understandable.. Totally. You have a direction for your sims already. I just felt compelled to get Yubi because of my (sometimes not such a gift) sentimentality. I just couldn't leave her there with those sims who didn't seem to want her. The situation could've been different and I would've possibly just left it as it was.

@Corwin_Alexander, Yeah.. Come to find out it was a bug. I agree it does mess up the game in ways that it makes things unpredictable during normal play and ruins ambitions we acquire for how we hope the game will work out when it should be predictable in those areas. With a time machine you know you may come back all funkified, lol.

@zenawannabe, Strange how almost all of them also had half-brothers.. I never really thought on that back then. Ha, and my sim was flirting with her, what would he be? Step son? *shiver*

@ladiieblaze, you came into the threads about this time last year and still had the issue? did you patch your game or is the game still bound to glitch out in this area?

@Everyone, I'm so sorry I've not been back. I did keep a bookmark but recall checking it like a month after the thread started and figured you guys got bored or didn't have the problem anymore. I really hope the game got fixed for you guys because I know how frustrating it can be to get all your plans in place to find a big issue that is preventing what you'd worked so hard to achieve.. Best to you guys! ^.^

AimeeCat

Something like this has just happened to me!
Just looked at my sims family tree (she has four daugthers but I have never had her get married) and to my shock she has a son AND a husband in Egypt!!!
Not sure how my sim can get married AND get pregnant AND give birth with out me knowing!!
I looked at all my realtionships, and I dont have any realationship with my husband or child.
NO idea how this could of happpened.
Also when I was looking through all my realtionships searching for my secret family I noctied my sims is now disliked by about half the town..and is enemies with Eddy Horse...who is a unicorn.
What is going on!!

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: