Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sim wasn't able to excavate  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
MisterHinton

Jaghar7 wrote:...

You could do some experimenting and check the 3-4 different types of dig sites and also if this is something exclusive to Egypt or if it occurs in other countries as well. ....

I installed Sims3/ later I installed a big patch, WA, and then Ambitions the same day (a few days ago); NO MODS- I don't believe in them. No cheats active. First character went to China- same problem, can't dig relics. Probably as you say: a patch/SA bug. I wish I had played WA before throwing in Ambitions to see what worked before. By the way, after he tried digging the first time all surface clues turned invisible, but a mouseover claimed there were no interactions available on that spot so I guess that the spots are still there on the map.

It seems clear from the others above that a patch did it before Ambitions came out; check out the Prima strategy guide- for WA- full of maps showing spawner sites (relics on page 128/china, 149/france, 172 egypt; that will tell you approximately where they should have been if they aren't visible (as in my case). Thanks to whoever above threw in the buydebug cheat help; I;ll try it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/10 01:09 AM

MisterHinton

cllevett wrote:And the Forum isn't work obviously.

I've read over a hundred pages of these forums and you're right- weird multiple posting is rampant among many threads. What exactly were the coders smoking?
Ronnie_Sim

Same here ~ can't excavate since the latest patch. I only have the base game and WA. Hope they fix this SOON!
ldmarko

I also couldn't excavate, except for one spot inside the copper mine. It was like something was blocking their way.

habanerohd

Add me to the list! Although sometimes it lets me, if they are 'in the open'. Latest patch... and a Mac.
LastPoeticKiss

I just bought this game (yup, I know I'm behind everyone) and I can't excavate. I don't have Ambitions. I've only come across the ones that are outside.
OliverSudden

I can't excavate in China any longer, either, and my Sim can't get to rocks behind the the army. Bugs collect fine and every other gem and stone so far.

Haven't tried other countries yet. Too busy wooing a Chinese citizen.

Have both EPs and the stuff pack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/16/10 08:35 PM

Crochetchick

I am also having the inability to excavate any above ground dig sites. No problems if they are underground so far. I don't use mods and it all seemed to happen post Ambitions install, but it may have been coincidence. I can't recall if I travelled in between the patch and Ambitions install. With this being such a huge issue among so many players, I really hope they address this soon. Dig sites were so refreshing to tackle after spending 3 or more sim days below ground!
cheshire137

I had no problem excavating when I had just the base game and WA installed, but after installing Ambitions I noticed my Sim was unable to excavate in China. I haven't tried the other foreign locations yet. Even when standing right on the excavate spot, when I click it and choose Excavate, he shrugs and throws his hands around, showing the blocked-movement thought bubble.
JediOpalKathryn

I have only just installed WA EP and I am not allowed to excavate in China (The only country I have tried so far) I have the latest patch. I hope it will be fixed soon.
Pipkin08

I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem. Phew Sims stamps feet, throughs arms in the air and gets the blocked movement sign. Oh well no doubt eventually it will be sorted.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff" - The Doctor
Pary

I did a couple of tests for excavation; the first, placing a lot down in Egypt, using the neighbourhood editor, and filling it with a few digsite spawners. My sim was unable to excavate anything.
In the second test I used an empty block of land that was already available for purchase, and turned it into a community digsite. Sims were able to excavate everything.
Obviously excavation doesn't like lots with the 'hood editor either, which is also annoying.

blunote00: IDC about DM's stank booty!

OliverSudden

It would be really helpful if EA or some SimGuru could post a sticky of known issues that they're working on.
Andruin_Katar

My Sim is unable to excavate relics in China. I have successfully excavated a dig in Al Simhara, but not in Shang Simla. It is not an access problem either. I have lead my sim right up to the excavation site without any problems (in China that is) but when I click on the excavation site my sim throws a fit because he is unable to get to the site, even though he is standing literally right on top of it.
N3mb3r

having this bug as well.....

ʇı uo ɹǝƃuıɟ ʎɯ ʇnd ʇuɐɔ ı ʇnq pɹɐoq ʎǝʞ ʎɯ ɥʇıʍ ɯǝןqoɹd ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: