Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why are all these children dead?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
rosepetalz

Hmm it sounds like a glitch. I have Ambitions too and fortuantly this hasn't happened to me... yet. But i hope it doesn't happen. It would get on my nerves.

Litlfishy

couldn't you delete all the residents from the town and slowly re-add them as you need them?
roro381

Nope, not up to over population.
Quite obviously, President Snow has started on Sims.
Happy 76th Hunger Games!!!
StephBE

Wow, I never knew about this either. Someone at EA must have been having a bad day to come up with culling the town by killing off toddlers and children.

Karu300

Some one reasoned that the killing of babies to on up was because the babies and low age sims don't contribute much actively to the town, such as jobs and stuff. However on the downside and the ironic side is that the contribute the most to the town in that if you kill the next generation it dooms your towns population. Some people said they had ghost town's cause of it.
Pamhamlet

It is the EA Story Progression curse. It makes no sense.

Kill off babies and toddlers, who are your next generation of townsfolk. These kids provide personal interest to you the player, because they are often children of families you've placed around town, and it is fun to see their genetics play out.

But EA kills them off, only to replace them with generic all similar-looking #1 faced adult, random townie Sims. It takes away from you playing the game the way you desire, with Sims you want living in your towns.

Which is why I finally decided to add Twallan's story progression mod to my game last year. Got tired of my babies dying off. Now those unfortunate incidents are a thing of the past. My Sims no longer move away, either. My towns thrive, and are composed of the ongoing generations of the Sims I want to live there.

This mod also checks the population growth so it never gets out of hand. Birth rates rise or fall as needed to balance out the town. Best mod I ever added to my game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 12:22 PM

sims21975

lol thats all crap i know before i hand [amb] in the town of barnco bay [opps] the young ones were diding off to but the town was not that over populated that i can see, so what i did was make the babys age 2 stages up or one , and that would hold them off, and thay would grow up.i had 1 family and the kids died 5 times, that realy sucked and i saone one time i was at my penthouse and the baby was on the ground,and one of the people in the building picked up my child and he was no more i could not belive that one ,but i could not find the man that did it.

so i just reset the game and the baby was on the floor but i was coming in and i went and got my kid this time ,but man that the heck....lol..that was not cool the the @#%$^ EA....
sims21975

hay pam-h... can you tell me were that site Twallan's story progression is i love a good cheat in my game ,cant play with out them..thanks.......
kivanwie

I'm wondering what the population limit is so that it wont happen to me. Is there a way of finding out so we could keep track so we do not go over it?
Pamhamlet

kivanwie wrote:I'm wondering what the population limit is so that it wont happen to me. Is there a way of finding out so we could keep track so we do not go over it?

Don't think you can find out on EA's story progression, but seems I always topped out at around 80-90 Sims, then they would start dying off, especially kids. But that's just my games, yours may differ.

With Twallan's SP, you can set your own population size (mine is set for 150 Sims) and the mod will manage it at that level and NEVER kill off your kids.

@Sims 21975: Don't know if I can link (according to forum rules) but you can google NRAAS Industries at wikispaces.com. Twallan does all the modding on that site and he is a genius.
Cate_0014

I have the same problem but the baby and tots do not appear as grey in the family tree, they just never grow up and disappear from their household. It sucks because its always cute babies, never the townie babies ugh!
Cate_0014

And i am in appauloosa plains! But recently i have been deleting EVERY family the game moves in, and i have had a LOT less disappearing/dead babies/tots
ARRensch

Sometimes I wish that the children would die. My town is overrun by babies and toddlers, the adults and elders move out and everyone else keeps having babies. It's crazy! My game is starting to slow down because there's so many children populating it and not one of them has died, not one! I don't have ambitions which from what I can tell is where they die, but I wish they would either die or that the townspeople would get some self control and not have so many kids!

It would also be good if they could die from fires or something because one time my sim's toddler Tilly was exhausted and so my sim put her in the crib and she just screamed her head off! She had no other needs to keep her awake and she wouldn't stop crying or go to sleep! I was challenging myself not to use cheats and had successfully done so for three generations! I had my sim take her out of the crib and set her on the ground to see if she would fall asleep on the floor but she didn't! Tilly had no negative moodlets, but pretty soon my sim did. The other four toddlers kept getting the loud noises moodlet and I eventually stuck Tilly in a separate room. I tried EVERYTHING but Tilly wouldn't die and I couldn't make a social worker come or else all the children would be taken away and I only wanted to get rid of Tilly! I had to use cheats and I felt very upset because I had gone over three generations without them.

I know I sound like a terrible person saying this, but it would also be good because it adds realism to the game! In real life children of any age can die or get kidnapped, so why in this game that boasts about how real it is, are they invincible?!

Like I said before, I sound like a terrible person but do you at least see how it could be a good thing because I just gave you three perfectly good reasons!
FryeGuy24

ARRensch wrote:I know I sound like a terrible person saying this, but it would also be good because it adds realism to the game! In real life children of any age can die or get kidnapped, so why in this game that boasts about how real it is, are they invincible?!

Like I said before, I sound like a terrible person but do you at least see how it could be a good thing because I just gave you three perfectly good reasons!

In a weird way, I kind of somewhat agree with you. I rarely play households with toddlers or children because I find them to be boring. For toddlers in particular, there's just no challenge. When my firefighter is saving sims, who's the last priority to me? The toddlers, because they're fireproof. There's little incentive to protect toddlers from danger because sim toddlers are invincible and don't need protection. So what's the point? Also, one can't really take pride in creating good sim parents because it's virtually impossible to create bad sim parents. So I pretty much never play parents or families either.

That said, I don't think the TS3 franchise can ever boast "realism," and I don't always want realism because reality is depressing. But I do find things more interesting if there's at least *some* sense of urgency.

As for EA story progression... Yes, dying kids are depressing, but dying adults are equally depressing, and their death has a greater impact on society as a whole. I don't play with aging or story progression, so my goal for my game is basically to have everyone avoid death for all eternity.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: