Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Will vampires and celebrities show up in Sunset Valley?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Simtasticness

Easier solution - Make a Save copy to your bin and move to Bridgeport.

If Bridgeport is too slow:

You must

A. Make sure there is housing,clubs, a business studio, Backlot pictures (celebrities), etc.

B. Further contact with one of the design lead's on Late Night (who is one of my contacts) says: "Every population has a town control. You can actually edit the number of celebrities you can put in a town, but without other factors such as the housing, the amount of supplies in the store, etc, they will all die out or not act according to plan - so you have to use bridgeport or deal with the suburban living standard of Sunset."

You must use Bridgeport I'm afraid for the best results....
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Simtasticness wrote:Easier solution - Make a Save copy to your bin and move to Bridgeport.

If Bridgeport is too slow:

You must

A. Make sure there is housing,clubs, a business studio, Backlot pictures (celebrities), etc.

B. Further contact with one of the design lead's on Late Night (who is one of my contacts) says: "Every population has a town control. You can actually edit the number of celebrities you can put in a town, but without other factors such as the housing, the amount of supplies in the store, etc, they will all die out or not act according to plan - so you have to use bridgeport or deal with the suburban living standard of Sunset."

You must use Bridgeport I'm afraid for the best results....

Well, the whole point was that I don't like Bridgeport and wanted to have the new content in one of the older towns.

Simtasticness

Understandable...I spoke to him on the phone, but it's like 2 AM in canada now, so I'll call back and ask. I'm pretty sure they are looking into a big patch update very soon (sooner than a game release) addressing A LOT of bugs. Not sure if this will help, but he told me one additional thing, the buildings further do not determine the town population control, which is a series of numbers in the game's engine...apparently you can have sprawling buildings (most of all of them in Riverview as one person has - some apartments) but still have close to limited 2-star celebs (hardly 4 let alone 5) and worse off fewer vampires.
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Simtasticness wrote:Understandable...I spoke to him on the phone, but it's like 2 AM in canada now, so I'll call back and ask. I'm pretty sure they are looking into a big patch update very soon (sooner than a game release) addressing A LOT of bugs. Not sure if this will help, but he told me one additional thing, the buildings further do not determine the town population control, which is a series of numbers in the game's engine...apparently you can have sprawling buildings (most of all of them in Riverview as one person has - some apartments) but still have close to limited 2-star celebs (hardly 4 let alone 5) and worse off fewer vampires.

I think I'm on week 4 of Riverview now. The vampires are multiplying. I never found the "original" ones. Just more and more sims that I already know keep getting turned. I don't really mind. But still no celebrities of more than 1 star, except for my sim whose in the acting career and working her butt off to get more famous in that podunk town.

I have been playing Bridgeport as well, and I like all the celebrities. I just don't like the big city atmosphere and not enough space for homes on larger lots. I keep having trouble with having visitors over in Bridgeport. I can invite someone over and it takes them hours to get there and I may even have to call them a few times. By the time they get to my apartment AND up the elevator they are ready to go home. That was one of the biggest nuisances for my bachelor sim.

babyblix

I have had a family in SV for awhile and as there are now 4 or 5 generations knocking around I i dont want to move to bridgeport (which lags soo much for me) that I decided to add clubs to SV. At the moment most sims are only 1 star celebs but the vampires have come to town. Vita Alto Malcolm Landgraab and Blair wainwright have all turned. Bit weird that all my vamps are elders that never hang out in the plasma bar but prefer the diner. I suppose elderly vamps prefer a nice cup of tea to clubbing!

I don't seem to have the problem of being over-run by vamps either

I don't know if my npc celebs will gain stars on their own but its nice to know they can appear in SV which doesnt lag too much for me

Team edward . . . Scissorhands
TEK427

As soon as I turned on Story Progression on my Riverview save I got two vampires and about half a dozen celeberties and one is a child celeberty! It probably won't be long before I get a few more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/02/10 12:40 AM

dramaluver1292

I'm actually playing in Riverview and have been for less then half an hour and already a have a vampire that's my best friend! I didn't put any bars or anything in yet either.

I also just found a one star child celebrity also!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/02/10 12:50 AM

stilljustme2

roswellrookie3 wrote:You have to import sims from Bridgeport that have vampire/celebrity status into other towns like Sunset Valley. Even then, it doesn't seem like celebs/vamps spawn themselves in Sunset Valley. I imported a family of two from bridgeport that had become celebs and vamps and made my sunset valley characters interact with them enough to gain celeb status and be turned, but no one else in the town are becoming celebs/vamps.

Not necessarily -- one of my Sim's friends became a one-star celebrity because a friend of hers somehow became a celebrity, and her husband ended up with 2 vampires among his friends (his current and former boss). And I didn't import any families or put in any of the Bridgeport buildings (I added the hangout from Ambitions and am redecorating it with some of the items from LN like adding the shuffleboard and dartboards to one of the two empty upper floors to make it an even more fun place to hang out). So it takes a while but they show up on their own.

Taeja

TEK427 wrote:As soon as I turned on Story Progression on my Riverview save I got two vampires and about half a dozen celeberties and one is a child celeberty! It probably won't be long before I get a few more.

I absolutely HATE story progression...did i say, HATE? It gets rid of families that i love and adore without my permission So, has anyone seen any celebrities without turning on story progression? All of you guys can't be playing with story progression on because I KNOW i can't be the only one who hates it
TEK427

Taeja wrote:
TEK427 wrote:As soon as I turned on Story Progression on my Riverview save I got two vampires and about half a dozen celeberties and one is a child celeberty! It probably won't be long before I get a few more.

I absolutely HATE story progression...did i say, HATE? It gets rid of families that i love and adore without my permission So, has anyone seen any celebrities without turning on story progression? All of you guys can't be playing with story progression on because I KNOW i can't be the only one who hates it

I hate story progression too. But when I had it off I wasn't getting any celebs/vamps and immediately after I turned it on, they started to appear. As soon as I get enough vampires and high level celeberties, I'm turning story progression back off.
DOLPHY

i was wondering, how did you guys managed to place the film studio in other towns? is there a way to do it without demolishing building / empty houses? i tried putting it at some random place off the roads but the terrain is not balanced and my sims still cant get to it and be a celebrity ):
Winslow1928

Okay. I didn't really read the forum. But, I am confused. I want to start vampires in riverview or sunset valley. Is that possible? Please help!
Winslow1928

Nevermind! I finally got it! Hank goddard just became a vampire and i will be one now too! It just takes time. I got plasma 501 and that was all.
keekee53

My Sunset Valley started spawning vampires automatically and a few sims were bitten right away. Maybe within two or three sim days.
trithone

Celebs and Vamps spawned in my Sunset Valley without having to add any buildings at all. I do play with story progression on.

Now I'm having a problem with Barnacle Bay. I opened it up to make a few changes, mostly add LN lots, and discovered that almost every sim in town is a celebrity. I haven't even played it since LN came out! How did that happen?

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: