Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Imaginary Friend may NOT be the new Creature!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Jaghar7

Simply being sure doesn't mean it's true. I can see them trying to introduce something new but this is highly questionable. Like I said before.. if this thing becomes a normal sim later then how is it still special? If it ends up as adult 'doll' then.. well I'm not exactly sure how to express what I think about that.

As a playable creature it just doesn't seem to 'fit'. The whole "imaginary" thing is just too much. The very term implies temporary and transient. It can do chores for the kid? So what? What's it going to do? Make the bed? Big flippin' whoop dee doo.

This thing had better be so special and so well made. If they try to make it so much more than it should be I think it'll flop in a big way.

It's fine if it's not our creature but if it is... well assuming I even get Generations it's one feature I will go out of my way to ignore.

zakary3888

windweaver wrote:
Arletta wrote:
windweaver wrote:
zakary3888 wrote:If the Imaginary Friend is like the Social Bunny or Tragic Clown, as a lot of people of people have been predicting, then it seems like there could still be a Creature left to be revealed since the Social Bunny and Tragic Clown were only abnormal regular sims, and not actual creatures.

I know this is a long shot, but until I see pictures of the Imaginary Friend, I would much prefer a magic or plant sim as opposed to some abnormal sim.

I really hope you are right, b/c I am totally not into this ImFriend thing, not at all. It's supposed to be for kids, right? where does that leave all the adults of various agaes? So I hope you are right.

It can follow you into adulthood depending on how you interact with it as a child.

Even so, I hate the idea as our monster. I wouldn't mind it at all if it were just out there, like the gnomes, they don't bother me. But I like REAL friday night chiller movie time type monsters for our game! I'm very disapointed if this is the life state thingy.

100% agreed, i'd prefer a werewolf to this imaginary friend, but since werewolves would probably be in the Unleashed expansion, i would rather see aliens or something new like a mermaid for Generations
MaxQBaker

GREENEYA wrote:
Bafendo wrote:
GREENEYA wrote:
windweaver wrote:
zakary3888 wrote:If the Imaginary Friend is like the Social Bunny or Tragic Clown, as a lot of people of people have been predicting, then it seems like there could still be a Creature left to be revealed since the Social Bunny and Tragic Clown were only abnormal regular sims, and not actual creatures.

I know this is a long shot, but until I see pictures of the Imaginary Friend, I would much prefer a magic or plant sim as opposed to some abnormal sim.

I really hope you are right, b/c I am totally not into this ImFriend thing, not at all. It's supposed to be for kids, right? where does that leave all the adults of various agaes? So I hope you are right.

Imaginary friend is a life-size doll. It can become a real creature, if it drink a special potion.
not a real creature, it becomes a real sim.

No, it becomes a real creature that can be seen by other Sims.

While imaginary friend doesn't sound that exciting on the surface, it is different enough that it might truly add some interesting gameplay. I mean... vampires and werewolves and aliens are all so cliche. But an imaginary friend could be 'anything' ... EA might have something here.

YorkieGirl4

I for one hope we get a different creature. Imaginary friends sound like a cross between ghosts and the social bunny. I'd rather see the aliens or plantsims return. Although I think out of the two aliens would fit better giving that at one time or another EA will release a weather EP and plantsims go with that the best.

And no offense but you really can't be 100% sure since EA hasn't said anything yet. Unless you work for EA? You can just be pretty sure. Nothing's technically definite until the game's released.

~Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.~
GREENEYA

To me, the whole idea of Creature imaginary friend is very interesting. Can not wait to play with them.

I do not have to work for EA to be 100 percent sure that the imaginary friend is a new lifestate.

Just as we do not have to be a weatherman to be 100 percent sure that it's raining.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/07/11 01:42 AM

Court3007

i don't think that the imaginary friend is the creature, only because i didn't imagine it to be playable. all of the other creatures (ghosts, simbots, mummies and vampires) are playable. i mean i could be wrong. don't suppose we will find out until they announce more info or release the game
GREENEYA

Court3007 wrote:i don't think that the imaginary friend is the creature, only because i didn't imagine it to be playable. all of the other creatures (ghosts, simbots, mummies and vampires) are playable. i mean i could be wrong. don't suppose we will find out until they announce more info or release the game

Not all. Genie and Bigfoot from TS2 are not playable.
Imaginary friend is playable.
Jaghar7

Bigfoot is playable. You can befriend it and get it to move in with you.

We don't know 100% that imaginary friend is playable or not. It's implied that it will be but there hasn't been a solid statement that it is.

GREENEYA

Jaghar7 wrote:Bigfoot is playable. You can befriend it and get it to move in with you.

We don't know 100% that imaginary friend is playable or not. It's implied that it will be but there hasn't been a solid statement that it is.

An imaginary friend can drink special potion and become real and playable.
Chimp2678

Imaginary Friend may be a new creature or the one from chemistry set. Do you remember from Sims 1, when Sims experiment it and he or something turns in a monster like Frankenstein? So, maybe a creature is the one from chemistry set. Or Bogeyman, Tooth Fairy, etc that relates to children's life.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/11 01:56 AM

Court3007

i was just referring to sims 3, and it was just a guess, no one will know for sure for a while. also, where did you hear about drinking a potion? haven't heard that before
GREENEYA

Chimp2678 wrote:Imaginary Friend may be a new creature or the one from chemistry set. Do you rememberer from Sims 1, when Sims experiment it and he or something turns in a monster like Frankenstein? So, maybe a creature is the one from chemistry set. Or Bogeyman, Tooth Fairy, etc that relates to children's life.

With chemistry set it will bi posible to make special potion and make imaginary friend real. Also some sims can become ghost.
GREENEYA

Court3007 wrote:i was just referring to sims 3, and it was just a guess, no one will know for sure for a while. also, where did you hear about drinking a potion? haven't heard that before

It is said in the interview.
Jaghar7

If they just become normal then what good are they?

elijahhines10

Guys...come on!
At LEAST play with the a new creature before you dis it

They haven't hardly even given any details yet

So, wait for some in-game playing or play it your self before you hate it

Last, mer-sims
I really don't see that EVER coming into the game

What...how...how will they do anything?
They will just sit in the water all day.
How will they make friends?
And if they're regular sims on land, and mermaids in water, then what will be the point in that? It just makes you swim faster.

I can't wait to get Plant-sims, Werewolves, Witches, and other things

Imaginary friends are the most obvious creatur that can be coming.
I see nothing else there.
If it was Aliens or a monster, they would've been like:

EA wrote: Make sure to not mix chemicals wrong!

or

EA wrote: Don't star-gaze to much with your date!

or something

I'm just happy they're trying something new and unexpected

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/11 03:04 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: