Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A Fifty Foals Challenge -- The Diary of Emmett and Glacier  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
fleshjenn

Nightfall is beautiful!
SimChick1016

Thank you!! I'm seriously tempted to keep him for a while to enter in competitions and such...

SimChick1016

Dear Diary: Day 32- I put an ad in the paper for a ranch hand. Not long afterward I got a reply from a proud man named Mortimer all the way from Sunset Valley. He had moved out of his parents house after high school and while he came from a wealthy family, he didn't want any of their funds or support. He wanted to start fresh. So I set up an extra cot for the guy in my tiny little home. I hope he doesn't mind cat fur!

Day 33- Mortimer (he asked that I call him 'Morty' but I don't feel comfortable with that...) is getting along quite well with everyone here on the ranch. Glacier has taken a liking to him, which makes me very happy.

Day 34- Today I got a call from a young trainer that was interested in buying Rendezvous, so I packed him up and asked Mortimer to watch things at the ranch while I trekked into town.

Nightfall is such a well behaved colt. We've become fast friends. I see great things for this little guy.
---------------------------

Day 35- Emmett had a barn built for me. It's small and quaint, but very homely.

Emmett and I started training with hurdles today. It feels so good to have him back in the saddle (metaphorically, I realize he's riding bareback. .)

Have I mentioned I love this pose?

Day 36- Before I knew it the foster program was already dropping off another stallion. This one is Azul. He's handsome, isn't he? Oh boy... Breathe Glacier, breathe.

Emmett is spending more and more time with Mortimer. I'm growing worried. Am I not enough for him?

Sulu also made a friend outside the family tonight... What is happening to my little family?

GHOST DOG!! -- Not really important to the story, but he's now a part of the family. Please help me welcome: Spirit!

Day 37- Azul is rather charming... Oh, I am in trouble.
------------------------

After a hard day's work I sat on the grass and stargazed with Mortimer for a while. We talked for a long time and I got really nervous whenever Mortimer... uh... Admitted his fondness of me. I gotta be honest, I don't know if I feel the same way. He's a great guy and all, but I really don't know if I like him that way...

I explained this to Mortimer and he seemed very understanding. He pulled me into a hug (I'm not big on affections like that, so it was understandably awkward for me) and let me know that he was happy to just be friends. All he cares about is companionship. I am so relieved because I really value his friendship.

I'll leave you with one more picture of Spirit guarding the barn. I love this dog!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/11 08:29 PM

Mikezumi

Great update! Now get on with Morty and Emmett - I need to see some passion

SimChick1016

Oooh, you will see passion and sparks. Course, ya gotta give Morty time to work his magic and charm Emmett...

Also, I wasn't sure what color eyes Morty had so I gave him grayish eyes (they seemed hazelish and that seemed like Morty thing...) I'm probably wrong but I can change em with MC if I really need to...

Mikezumi

The original Morty has very dark brown, almost black eyes. I stick with that. What you use is entirely up to you

PinkStuffedMonkey

YOU USED MORTY YAY YAY YAY!

Make kittens now.

I am Maggie! Yogette (/give Honeydew 46 1)
It All Starts with a Violet- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/59729
5.page#9583841
SimChick1016

Mikezumi- I thought they were brown. Eh, I gotta be honest, I'm liking the gray-- and with these default replacement eyes he looks STUNNING! <3

PSM- I dunno if I wanna do kittens or not... I never really thought about it to be honest... But, if enough people want it, I'm sure I could make it happen.

PinkStuffedMonkey

If Sulu's new friend happened to be a female, I could see some absolutely adorable kittens happening.

I am Maggie! Yogette (/give Honeydew 46 1)
It All Starts with a Violet- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/59729
5.page#9583841
Faithling11

i think they should have kittens(if the other cats female) i think they would have cute babies
SimChick1016

Hmmm... We'll see. This family is getting quite full-- I just welcomed a new member that I don't plan on getting rid of any time soon.

Schantal

SimChick,

I have to say SimChick, you take some of the best sim pictures I have ever seen . I love the one where they are playing chase, the look on Emmett's face is priceless . This is one of the cutest stories I've read, keep up the good work.

Schantal

Sorry I posted twice so I deleted and posted this since it won't let me completely delete the message lol, sorry .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/11 05:17 AM

Schantal

Simchick,

It seems like every page I read I just have to make a comment lol. I was so sad when I saw Blizzard saying the final goodbye to his mom. Again, you have a real talent with the pictures. And Desert Rose is gorgeous!! Those slightly visible markings on her tummy are so cool, they look like big circles or something. If you ever have the time and if you even want to that is, you should think about putting some of your foals for "adoption" in the exchange lol. I know I would love the chance to adopt Desert Rose and Blizzard. Keep up the great pics and storytelling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/11 05:18 AM

SimChick1016

Thanks Schantal!!

Dear Diary: Day 38- Mortimer and I are growing very close. I'm beginning to open up to him a lot. I never realized the beauty of intimate human relationships until this moment-- I've always been so invested in my horses that I never stopped to smell the roses.

I must admit, I'm beginning to grow a tad attached to Mortimer. I could just hang around the house all day and stare into his hazel eyes... They seem to have a calming effect on me that I just can't explain.

I haven't neglected my horses though, Nightfall and I are the best of friends. He is so smart, I enjoy every waking minute of his company.
----------------------

Day 39- My little Nightfall is so outgoing. He will go up to just about any animal just to say 'hello.' It makes me a little nervous though...

Emmett took Azul to the EC. I'm getting better at saying goodbye to these stallions that meander into my life, but it still isn't a walk in the park.

Right after Emmett left with Azul I went into labor. I whinnied and I neighed, and before I knew it there was a gorgeous foal by my side.

Little Ocean Stone wobbled to his feet and instantly wandered over to his older brother. The two hit it off immediately!

Before too long though it was time to feed,

Get brushed,

And hit the hay.

My adventurous newborn foal did not feel very sleepy though.

Nightfall is becoming quite the handsome stallion.

Day 40- Emmett started training my boy today. I'd say it went well.

This is just a bonus pic of Spirit guarding the house. Sadly, Emmett gave him a flea bath (don't know HOW a ghost dog gets fleas...) and he's gone. Don't know how to get him back. I miss him.

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: