Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can you have a raccoon for a pet?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
mikes_lemon

For anyone curious how to own a "raccoon" I figured it out.

If you want to do this quick I suggest using the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat.

YOU DO NOT NEED A MOD OF ANY SORT TO DO THIS!

All you have to do is find a raccoon in the game and interact with it until it shows up in your relationships bar, then up the relationship full.

Once you have done that you can shift click and hit "edit in CAP" then save the raccoon to your bin.

It's actually a cat that they put a skin over to look like a raccoon, which you can add traits to when you go to create a new household. (I've also found ways to add a full 5 traits to your pets, which they can still learn new ones, so they actually can probably have all the traits available)

To add more traits you just have to shift click (with the testing cheat) and click "edit active traits" this allows you to add two more to the three you already chose.

Now back to how to that raccoon

If you want to add the raccoon to an already active family all you have to do is enter create a sim, choose the raccoon with it as their pet and then move them to whatever random lot you want on your game.

(you can always evict them after and just delete them from the clipboard so they dont exist)

Once you have done that just go to merge household and move just the raccoon into your already active family (or any other you wish), and thats it.

I've been fooling around to see if I can get a deer as a pet, but so far no luck, anyone else tried this?

If the deer isn't made off a horse or dog then I don't think its possible.

Anyway I hope this helped anyone in search of how to get the raccoon, I personally think they look adorable in the game and I chose traits that were fitting for one; Piggy, independent, hunter. Named him meeko
KoumoriDiru

I can't believe people flipped a lid over a simple question of asking if you can own a pixelated racoon in a computer game.

I don't think you can sadly. As others have said, you can save the skin and then in CAP you can "make" one, however it'll meow as it's a cat. Just like in Sims 2.

mikes_lemon

Maybe if they choose the quiet trait it will prevent cat-like noises to some degree.

And I agree, I think there was a bit of an overreaction.

Raccoons are very difficult to own in real life, but as far as the sims go, it's all about creating your own world, so everyone is entitled to what they like.

Jadethejuggalette

KoumoriDiru wrote:I can't believe people flipped a lid over a simple question of asking if you can own a pixelated racoon in a computer game.

Ya know, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm still wondering where these "animal purists" are keeping their pet unicorns that they obviously have since this is an entirely realistic simulation of life.

And I'm certain that the Grim Reaper is real and shows up when your loved ones die...I could go on and on...

Jeesh people, lighten up. It's just a game...if you're looking for real REAL life, go outside!
SimChick1016

Why is this thread back? I thought this died? Boo!

Also, I just love how people with less than ten posts act like they own the place.

TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

SimChick1016 wrote:And just why in the world would you WANT a raccoon? You wouldn't keep one as a pet in real life, so why on the sims? Can you say RABIES?

Do you know the difference between real life and a game? She was asking about a game, not real life. But I'm sure you already know that. Haters gonna hate, just like trolls are a gonna troll.

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

SimChick1016 wrote:Why is this thread back? I thought this died? Boo!

Also, I just love how people with less than ten posts act like they own the place.

And why are you back?

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

Sapphire789

SimChick- You don't have to be rude. Everyone has an opinion.
You say that it's cruel to have a pet raccoon. but it's just a game, a bunch of pixels smushed together to create a picture.
Plus in real life whats more cruel. Taking in a raccoon that is in pain and can't possabliy look after it's self, or just leave it their to die a slow and painful death.

In my opinion, it would be a cute idea to have a pet raccoon on the sims 3 pets, you can have Unicorns and there not even real, so y not raccoons

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/11 07:52 AM

masterebonyblack

mikes_lemon wrote:I chose traits that were fitting for one; Piggy, independent, hunter. Named him meeko

Your post had so much to it, I'll probly use the method you detailed to get one myself, thank you. Only I don't think I'd ever give one piggy, while they will eat themselves sick I'd almost say neat would be more appropriate. They wash alot of what they eat if they can find water nearby, and the ones I've encountered IRL are usually quite clean.

I understand some of the negative responces to the question as people wanting to use the game as a message of how pets should be treated in the real world, and I would agree that owning a 'wild' animal is wrong if you can't take care of it, or if there is no reason why it could/should not be returned to the wild. That said, I think the assumed aggression that could be felt by some of the things that have been said could have been toned back, probly just by more forgiving language.

As far as getting one without the editing for cats you could try to catch it with a fence or wall, but it might despawn after a while and would remain an NPC in the game. I would suggest just getting a 'skin' from the exchange for any 'exotics' you want, there are some really beautiful ones out there. BTW if anyone has a cow or sheep made I'm terrible at the CAP and would like those pets for a 'farm' family.
NotSoLucky

No, you game will get rid of it.

same with deer. itll just disappear off the panel.

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
NotSoLucky

And raccoons can be owned as pets in real life in some places.

I think if you take good care of it and are aware of the dangers, then go for it.

Same with skunks. they say that once it gets its spray bags removed, that its just like a cat.

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
shadowx1110

Repeat it with me, people:

It's just a GAME

My Sims are NOT REAL

They do NOT have FEELINGS

It is just MAKE BELIEVE

KHS12

For the 2 that just went off on LadyElfie for wanting a raccoon in her game, you need to calm yourself. Shes entitled to her own opinion and so are you, but you shouldnt jump on her for wanting one. Do we marry ghosts or reproduce with grim reapers? No. But thats the point of sims. To let you do what you couldnt normally do. Its all in good FUN, so stop being so hateful towards her for wanting things that the sims allows you to do(except for adopt a dang raccon :/ )

KHS12

TtnFn04 wrote:
SimChick1016 wrote:Why is this thread back? I thought this died? Boo!

And why are you back?

lol yes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/11 04:30 PM

cheekybernard

Nope..

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: