Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why do you hate the World Adventure?  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
secretuk1965

like most of the posts here i do not hate WA,its just the bugs in the game i don't like, i have done the tombs to but i still go back after a while and send another family member to do them, my sims family have met and married a few sims from the WA worlds, i just wish they would fix all the bugs it has in it so we can enjoy it more, seems everytime there's a new ep or sp these worlds have problems.

Marchviolets

The Sims games have always been about open-ended game play and user creativity and freedom. These aspects of the games are what have made The Sims series so popular with such a wide audience. Open-ended game play allows for maximum re-play of the game as you explore the many different creative options within the game. The game usually only ends once your own imagination has been stretched to the limit.

This means that what Sims players want is an interesting, open ended environment for their sims, one that can be modified, experimented with and adapted to suit every user’s individual play-style and vision of their Sims world. The majority of Sims players don’t want to be forced to play the game in one specific, narrowly defined way.

The problem with World Adventures is that the game-play has been completely decided for the players, even down to specific quests woven into the core of the game. Not only does this hand-holding remove the open-ended creative aspect of the game, it also minimises any re-play value, as re-exploring tombs (that don’t even reset themselves!) has extremely limited appeal, even to those that actually like the idea of quests in the first place.

While this quest-style game play will of course be welcomed by a small section of the Sims community (there will be someone out there cheering almost any idea you can think of), it serves to narrow the field of users that will enjoy the expansion for any length of time. The quest feature should have been an additional opt-out feature (one unrelated to the ability to buy housing abroad, etc.) rather than the core of the expansion's game play.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 10:51 AM

bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

WA has always been one of my favorites. I loved exploring the tombs and still have sims who are adventurous go tomb raiding. The gameplay that came with WA is something I use over and over, cameras/photography, nectarmaking and sim Fu. Also the ability to use the Carter display case to transmorgrify gems and metals into very valuable items you can only get by using the case.

Currently my adventurous sim has homes in all 3 locales and mainly goes for the fishing trips, have love trysts all over the world and having parties with different sims in all 3 houses as she has explored 90% of the tombs.

For me, this ep has had the most replay of all of them.

Edit: The only downsides to WA is the tombs don't reset, which would be nice and the fish have to be sold immediately before returning home as they disappear from the inventory.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/12 06:58 PM

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Rabid47

bshag4lv wrote:WA has always been one of my favorites. I loved exploring the tombs and still have sims who are adventurous go tomb raiding. The gameplay that came with WA is something I use over and over, cameras/photography, nectarmaking and sim Fu. Also the ability to use the Carter display case to transmorgrify gems and metals into very valuable items you can only get by using the case.

Currently my adventurous sim has homes in all 3 locales and mainly goes for the fishing trips, have love trysts all over the world and having parties with different sims in all 3 houses as she has explored 90% of the tombs.

For me, this ep has had the most replay of all of them.

Edit: The only downsides to WA is the tombs don't reset, which would be nice and the fish have to be sold immediately before returning home as they disappear from the inventory.

I feel a bit peeved that the display cases are only available in an expansion pack, when the items that can be displayed are available in the base game, too.

I probably will buy WA, but I don't feel I should buy it just for a display case that should have been included in the base game.

R47

PixelSmile

I enjoy this pack, It is very different to bon voyage and i like that.

NathanNowell

It's fun and all, but there's too many glitches with this pack. Whenever I travel to a destination, my computer just shuts down. I think it's the mod I have, which fixes story progession.

Also, World Adventures doesn't have too much other than tomb exploring. Idk but it's just not the best. I was expecting a relaxing type of vacation pack...

Dreamie209

WA is an alright expansion pack for me. I'm mostly a family-oriented girl, so I kinda prefer generations over mostly all lolz. I think I'd adore WA ten-times more if we were able to move into those selected vacation worlds and if a newly wed couple could spend time there as a honeymoon vacation (Again, a Flashback to Bon Voyage). It still is a pretty nice expansion pack for story-telling though . But on a serious note, It really depends on the person and what their looking for in the game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/30/12 02:38 PM

Pyischan

I haven't play WA myself but it looks fun by watch videos of it being play by other. But, I had heard that it has a few glitches but I can not confirmed it myself.

If you don't have say nice to say; don't say it at all.
heidi11576

I hate it

worst expansion pack ever in my opinion..it is so boring!
suzanna13

My favourite Ep. When I first got it I was able to buy a vacation home in all 3 locations. It kept me entertained much longer than other Eps. Now I am lucky if I make even three trips before my game becomes impossible to play and I have start over again. That, by the way is not the fault of W.A. My game seems to have issues with error 12 and I don't even have to travel to run into that problem. I sometimes use it as a honeymoon location and never really cared for bon voyage.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: