Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
REALLY inappropriate!  XML
Forum Index » Master Suite
Chelley

I personally LOVED the trailer, I thought it was hilarious and actually made me want to buy it all the more! Who wouldn't want something to spice up their sim's life just a little bit? I don't really understand why people feel the need to complain about something like this? Obviously parents have their own free will to buy or not buy for their children and this is no worse then anything on TV aired daily.

mnevin25

I feel stupid for buying it. It didn't appeal to me. I thought the bathroom items were great and was disappointed when the stuff pack was mostly clothes. Not that clothes aren't nice but I like to choose what I buy...

I do think this stuff pack should have been 17 ++ .. EA's should've released this as a set in the community.. Allowing us to buy what we wanted. Not forcing us Rated R outfits.
crimrose

^LOL. Nobody FORCED you. You bought it of your own free will, and you could have viewed all the outfits online as there were pictures of them.

Enough of this whole "I'm a poor helpless consumer who needs protecting from the big bad world." Why do you think governments censor everything so much, and in the process, inhibit free information and free speech? Because you can't be mature enough to handle it, or ignore it if you don't want to see it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 09:08 PM

Ceres_Meiriona

I rode the bus home with my cousin one day, I'm her guardian, and since she's a wee one so we sat in the front. However, some conversation tidbits from the back of the bus drifted forward on occasion. The crap that those teenagers were talking about made me blush and my eyes go a little wide. I'm married to a Marine darlings. I thought I'd heard it all.

That commercial has nothing on the back 3 seats of a school bus. So while it's just my opinion, I feel like that commercial is a light hearted and comical addition to the Sims 3 that I enjoyed. I truly don't feel like they took it too far. I think we as adults have a naive assumption of what teenagers do or don't know and in our ever present need to protect them from harmful influences, we lose touch with reality a little.

Ceres_Meiriona

mnevin25 wrote:I feel stupid for buying it. It didn't appeal to me. I thought the bathroom items were great and was disappointed when the stuff pack was mostly clothes. Not that clothes aren't nice but I like to choose what I buy...

I do think this stuff pack should have been 17 ++ .. EA's should've released this as a set in the community.. Allowing us to buy what we wanted. Not forcing us Rated R outfits.

Oh my lord. You can preview theENTIRE CONTENTof a stuff pack before you buy it. If you weren't intelligent enough to do that, then you made a poor consumer choice. Which is YOUR fault, not EA's.

I do wish we could pick which items we wanted, but many store content items mirror the stuff packs. I found the Master Suite to be very similar to the latest store content. So close, that I almost didn't purchase Master Suite.

I previewed the content, however, and found the clothes so hilariously wonderful that I couldn't live without them.

LittleV

jack09 wrote:kids do play this game

i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

The game is rated "Teen" for a reason. Technically the game is not meant for 10 year-olds. If a young child plays the game, or as a parent you let your child play, it's your responsibility if your child is exposed to inappropriate content for their age.

keycat04

I can what you mean, but normal tv these days is worse then what the sims game is.

My parents (well at-least my dad) probably agree with you a lot. He thought the game was inappropriate even for me and I'm 22 and married, just because the front of the box said it contain sexual content even after I explained to me there isn't nothing there just there to protect their buts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 04:15 AM

LittleMissShibby

That's funny, I little weird, but funny non the less! And this game is a teen rated, Im a teen and I just find that funny, if slightly creepy

And I agree with LittleV, this game is teen rated for a reason

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/12 06:55 PM

okester

Pretty much what everyone else said; If you find it inappropriate, then you don't have to buy it... I liked the clothing, even though most of it was basically re-designs of whats already in the game. If I recall, when Late Night was released there was a controversy surrounding the corset sleepwear and the garters. And as you can see, that has subsided and so will this eventually ;p

lauren185817

jack09 wrote:i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

i do agree with you on some points. i have to be careful when i play the game because i have a 2yr old and a 6yr old and she likes to watch me dress them up and i watch what i dress my sim in, but even her just seeing the outfits, i dont want her to even think about those kind of outfits. i mean i know she is only 6 and she doesnt realy understand why there are "sexy" outfits or even the fact of what is considered "sexy". But needless to say i dont know if she will be playing the sims anytime soon. sticking to her leapfrog 2 games are good for me!
stilljustme2

I'd never seen that trailer but I thought it was funny -- the twin bathtubs were a nice touch (a bit of a parody of a famous commercial series). And I really don't see anything racy about either the pack or the content. None of us would be here if it wasn't for...well, WooHoo. And for all we know, that couple in the ad were happily and contentedly married and enjoying life together. It's all in how you play the game. I usually play already married couples; the one time I tried to play a playboy type with the Heartbreaker LTW I gave up after his first conquest because it made me so sad. Truth be told, I'm probably a boring Simmer. But this is probably my favorite of the SPs because I love all the items; the bedroom set really looks nice, I like the new bathroom items, and the clothes are great especially the men's PJs (I like the robe with the boxers the best -- looks awesome if you've got a Sim with some chest hair).

caseynicole_23

I didn't really like the stuff pack. I ended up only liking one of the outfits and the bathroom items. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about it though.

blueeyed32

It is not inappropriate, it was called master suite because it's a SP for adult sims mainly so you knew what you were getting.
The thing is these days, children know about adult things from a young age, that's just how things are, nothing we can do, so just go with the flow.
Yeah okay the trailer could be considered more than a teen rating (if you were being really strict) but it's just a cartoon game. Sims already woohoo so what if the sp includes "luxury" underwear. Personally I needed it because my sims never get dressed.
It's a funny game, with funny interactions, so why so serious?

Tommy92

I guess it might be inappropriate. But usually smaller kids are pretty naive, they don't really know what's going on. I don't remember the world being full of sexual innuendos when I was younger but I'm pretty sure it was there all along! And the trailer obviously tries to sell it in a funny way.

Some of you here say, you're disappointed and truth be told, I'm dumbfounded. Before the release of these SPs you can check out every single item. There are so many sites on the Internet, and they even did an official walkthrough. If you just buy it without checking the content first, well, that's just your own fault, I think.
TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

crimrose wrote:^LOL. Nobody FORCED you. You bought it of your own free will, and you could have viewed all the outfits online as there were pictures of them.

Enough of this whole "I'm a poor helpless consumer who needs protecting from the big bad world." Why do you think governments censor everything so much, and in the process, inhibit free information and free speech? Because you can't be mature enough to handle it, or ignore it if you don't want to see it!

I agree with this statement 100%. So true.

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

Forum Index » Master Suite
Go to: