Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Medieval or Medieval-inspired contest- all winners have been gifted, thanks for a great time!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
blacksheba1973

You both have lovely entries.

**I'm going to assume that this contest is ending in two days as planned.

Rubysim

User name: Rubysim

Sim's name: Isabella Bennett

Sim's age: Young Adult

Traits: Natural Cook, Neat, Bookworm, Family-Oriented, Brave

Lifetime Wish: The Culinary Librarian

Description: This is Isabella Bennett, her everyday outfit is a medieval dress and so is her formal outfit, but I made the formal dress more like a wedding dress. She would love to get married and start a family. She is also very neat and loves keep the castle that she lives in neat and tidy. She loves to read and is also a very good cook

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5678308

Pictures:

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 04/29/12 03:19 PM

Bethymai

Here is my second entry, Gwendolyn's Brother
User name: Bethymai
Sim's name: Llewelyn Gold
Sim's age: YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Animal Lover, Good Sense of Humour, Hot-Headed and Good
Lifetime Wish (if sim is YA or older, optional for teens): The Zoologist
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5711847
Description: Llewelyn lives on the Welsh Cob Farm with his younger sister Gwendolyn, and together they run Simolle's potato industry. Llewn, as he is better know, dreamt of being a knight ever since he was small, but his dreams were shattered when his father died and left him in charge of the farm. Not wanting to leave his sister to do all the work he stopped his training and became a full time farm hand and stable boy. His best friends are his trusty wolf Caine and the farm's Welsh Shire horse Karyn, whom he takes hunting once a month for Womrats. Llewn has a secret jealousy of the Lord's son whom his sister lusts after, as he is rich, spoilt and has Llewelyn's dream job, but would never show it as it would break his sister's heart.

Oh my I could make a whole story haha but I won't Sorry it was long ^^

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 12:36 AM

Made by mona1996! Thank you
Joolster

User name: Joolster
Sim's name: Arwyn Braveheart
Traits: Loner, Hot-Headed, Brave, Loves The Outdoors, Good
Lifetime Wish: Leader of Free World
Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5680983
Description:

Arwyn is a shy girl who cherishes the beautiful and quiet solitude of nature, so it was no wonder she grew up to become a fearless ranger. After being raised in borderline poverty, she now demands equality for all. Kind-hearted and good, she detests the corrupt power-crazy tyranths who force the poor to become poorer while stuffing their own pockets. She is a modern-age female Robin Hood.

Rangers/archers always have a big part in most books/films and games. Arwyn is dressed in comfortable clothes in earthy tones that I would expect an archer to wear since they have to move around a lot and be fast/unnoticeable.

(In my opinion) I made her a natural beauty with very minimal make-up and she has a sort of permanent "not interested" expression on her face. She's the type of girl that a lot of men would like to be with but she wouldn't like them back because she has other priorities in life. Although she isn't a snob.

She is CC-free apart from the skin, but it's a .package file so it won't be transferred with the download. I didn't really focus on her facial beauty that much so I'd label her as CC-free but it's up to you if you think differently.

Jojo777

Oh my goodness, yay!!! So many entries! This has literally made my day, seeing all of these!

I'm just about to go to bed and get some reading done, but I promise the first page will be updated tomorrow with all your brilliant entries.

Also, I'm extending the deadline another week, just so that anyone who's worried about making the deadline definitely has time. If you're interested and don't think another week will be enough, please write it here and let me know. I want as many people as possible to enter and I don't want anyone to feel like they don't have enough time

Joolster

Great, I had 2 more entries in mind but since I'm off to bed now and it's 30th tomorrow I figured I wouldn't have time to submit them.

Jojo777

@cherryberrybloo: I had a great time traveling, thanks for asking! Seriously, I got so used to moving between hostels that it feels a bit weird just to stay in one place...

@shogunfish: The Sims Medieval is enjoyable, as long as you're not expecting it to be anything like the Sims 3. It's a lot more limited and a lot more about solving quests rather than living your sims' lives however you feel like it. There are parts of it I really enjoy though, including the quirky medieval humor and various funny elements of the game. Some examples: the monarch has the option of sitting court and solving the peasants' problems, such as whether the monarch should give people money or allow people to get married (that one cracks me up). There's a quest where someone has to kiss a frog to turn him back into a prince. There are funny traits like ones that make your sim a drunkard or someone whose parents were eaten by whales and carries around rage for this.

I also got the game at a discounted price though, and I'm not sure it's worth full price. But as long as you're not expecting sandbox gameplay in a Medieval world, you might really like the game

Jojo777

Joolster wrote:Great, I had 2 more entries in mind but since I'm off to bed now and it's 30th tomorrow I figured I wouldn't have time to submit them.

Well now you've got plenty of time! Can't wait to see the entries

Joolster

Here's my 2nd entry.

User name: Joolster
Sim's name: Garnet Godfrey
Traits: Flirty, Ambitious, Genius, Charismatic, Evil
Lifetime Wish: Gold Digger (since the LTW includes seeing the ghost of a rich spouse I chose gold digger since it was the closest to marrying a king and becoming queen after he dies )
Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5684241
Description:

Garnet is a cold-hearted temptress. Many men have fallen for her beauty only to be left for a younger more handsome and rich suitor. A poet once described her as having "soul as black as night, as her raven hair". Many believe Garnet to be a witch due to how strongly and swiftly men become blind with love and lust over her. Garnet aspires to become the queen of the kingdom.

Just like Arwyn, she is CC-free apart from the skin, but it's a .package file so it won't be transferred with the download. I'd label her as CC-free but it's up to you if you think differently.

potterphyle

User name: Potterphyle
Sim's name: Cecily Brickenden
Traits: Adventurous, Angler, Green Thumb, Lucky, Natural Cook
Lifetime Wish (if sim is YA or older, optional for teens): Culinary Librarian
Description: Coming Soon

-one CAS head shot

-two CAS body shots (one of everyday clothing and one of formalwear)

Everyday:

Formal:

-2-4 other non CAS screenshots of your choosing (they can be wearing any outfit you'd like) Coming soon

Jojo777

I have updated the front page with all the current entries! I've been looking them over and this is going to be sooo hard to judge. Seriously, I'm loving them all. By the way, I know at least one of you said you felt like you could write a whole story about your characters- if you feel that way, I say go for it! It wouldn't be part of this contest but I'd love to read about it on the forums or on a blog

As you can see, we have a lot more cc free entries than cc allowed ones. If I get less than six cc allowed entries altogether at the end, I think I'll just combine the two categories and change the prizes around. If anyone has an objection to this, please let me know. Another option would be extending the contest deadline even more, which I'm not sure anyone would really want me to do.

pnoles

Are links going to be posted for all? I know, kinda lazy but I want to make sure I get everyone rec'd .....*smile*

"My Cherie Amore pretty little one that I adore"
Jojo777

pnoles wrote:Are links going to be posted for all? I know, kinda lazy but I want to make sure I get everyone rec'd .....*smile*

I linked all the entries that uploaded their sims. I know some people were having technical trouble. If anyone's uploaded their entry sim and I missed linking it though, someone please let me know. Also let me know if you edit your entry for any reason

Jojo777

Goodnight all

I'd love to check again tomorrow and see more beautiful entries

romagi1

User name: romagi
Sim's name: Jocelyn Thatcher
Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Green Thumb, Natural Cook, Good Sense of Humor, Equestrian
Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden
Custom content used and where it's from:
Default eyes: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=433459
Default skin: http://www.ladyfrontbum.com/?p=1572
Default face skin: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409526
Modern day hair: http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2011/07/peggy-hair-7662-converted
-for-teen-to.html

Medieval time hair: http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/sims3%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD-sims3do
wnload/mt3-%E4%BA%BA%E7%89%A9%E7%9B%B8%E5%85%B3-cas/%E5%8F%A4%
E4%BB%A3%E5%A5%B3%E5%8F%9101-03/

Link to sim: Would prefer my studio be CC free when possible
Description:

Jocelyn, a hopeless romantic born in a time not her own was destined to be alone, until…the letter arrived on her doorstep. Her uncle had left all that he owned to her, she knew the rest of the family considered him rather odd, but she had adored him and could sit for hours listening to his stories. She knew he had kept a journal, so she packed a few things and headed to his place.

She remembered watching him put his journal away so it wasn’t hard to find. As she paged threw it she saw many of the stories he’d told her. He had left several notes in margins to her, talking about some machine that he had. Her curiosity got the best of her so she began following his clues until she found this Machine. As she stood before it wondering if it could possibly be what he said it was. Was it really a Time Machine? Could it take her back to the place in time she knew she belonged?

She felt as if she were someone else watching herself as she began pushing buttons and turning knobs. Suddenly the door opened. She doesn’t remember stepping into the machine but when she came out, she knew she wasn’t in Kansas any more.

Jocelyn never returned to that meadow. She chose to stay and let the Time Machine return on its own. She met and married Sir William Thatcher. They now have a beautiful daughter named Isabelle.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/03/12 03:21 AM

Siggy by Patrick (mona 1996)

Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: