Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Bandcampsquirrel's house building contest- Winners Announced!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
bandcampsquirrel

Lolllimoewmo wrote:I'm working on my entry now. I think I'll be able to pull off the split-level thing, but we'll see

I can't wait to see what you can come up with

bandcampsquirrel

Joolster wrote:After some fiddling I think I actually managed to build a successful split-level. I even made 3! There's still the annoying issue with lighting and shadowing though, it's almost impossible to get the same light on all levels in same spots, you can see where the walls meet in this pic because lower level is slightly lighter.

I sure hope that it would work, I may have to give up the idea though, as far as playing goes...but it sure looks good

markydee

Hi bandcampsquirrel!

I found some inspiration for this build that I think I can tweak with what you want, especially the price range.
Here it is. Would you like this type of a home for your sim?

I really like the neutral, yet warm and airy feel and color of the home. Don't mind the floor plan, just the look and feel of it.

I can change it anytime if you don't, as I haven't actually started anything yet.

bandcampsquirrel

markydee wrote:Hi bandcampsquirrel!

I found some inspiration for this build that I think I can tweak with what you want, especially the price range.
Here it is. Would you like this type of a home for your sim?

I really like the neutral, yet warm and airy feel and color of the home. Don't mind the floor plan, just the look and feel of it.

I can change it anytime if you don't, as I haven't actually started anything yet.

Looks good

bandcampsquirrel

If the whole split-entry is too much and can't be done, i will be disappointed, but I can live with it..I can probably live with just a basement and a sunken living room or den. Im not sure sure how hard it is to do, as everything about building is hard for me

Faith_Andhope

I'm not really as good a builder as most of these others, but I like to try. I have bookmarked and will see what I can come up with.

Thanks.
Faoiltearna

Joolster wrote:

Joolster, how'd you do the roof for the greenhouse?

Joolster

Faoiltearna wrote:Joolster, how'd you do the roof for the greenhouse?

Good ole' constrainfloorelevation. The white rim is the smallest fence basically.

walkingstick

bandcampsquirrel wrote:
walkingstick wrote:A split level entry is possible if you do a walkout basement. Is this the type of thing you mean? For example here. You walk in the front door and you can go up or down.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5212390

Yes, that is what I mean, are you entering this? It looks great!!

No I'm not enetering this because it was in another comp and it's too big for your sims needs. I may enter something with a walkout basement style if I get the chance but I've already entered 5 different comps, so not sure!

Rawr2019

bandcampsquirrel wrote:
Rawr2019 wrote:I can judge if you need it hun :] Can't do sunken rooms and my gaming laptop is broken at the moment. Using my step dads' now.

Sounds great!! Thanks

No problem :]
bandcampsquirrel

Faith_Andhope wrote:I'm not really as good a builder as most of these others, but I like to try. I have bookmarked and will see what I can come up with.

Thanks.

Yay!! Its funny that you posted, i saw one of your builds in another contesst and I wanted to post in it and ask you to come join, but i thought that would be rude of me to post in someone else's contest!!

@ walkingstick I sure hope you join, I would love to see what you come up with

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/12 01:10 PM

Faith_Andhope

bandcampsquirrel wrote:
Faith_Andhope wrote:I'm not really as good a builder as most of these others, but I like to try. I have bookmarked and will see what I can come up with.

Thanks.

Yay!! Its funny that you posted, i saw one of your builds in another contesst and I wanted to post in it and ask you to come join, but i thought that would be rude of me to post in someone else's contest!!

LOL. That is funny.

Well, I really lack self-confidence in building, especially when it comes to comparing what I do with the fantastic work of other creators. But I really do like to try, as it stretches me creatively.

Thanks
romagi1

bandcampsquirrel wrote:If the whole split-entry is too much and can't be done, i will be disappointed, but I can live with it..I can probably live with just a basement and a sunken living room or den. Im not sure sure how hard it is to do, as everything about building is hard for me

If the whole split-entry is too much and can't be done, i will be disappointed, but I can live with it.

You just HAD to say it didn't ya! it's like throwing down the gauntlet.

So...is this enough levels for you? Has a completely underground basement level also for your nectar. One small problem that I haven't figured out yet and not sure at this point if I can. You see the V in the ceiling in the top right corner? That is not one of those floating CFE things, it is the actual ceiling being pulled down like that for the door. And it refuses to disappear like the rest of the ceiling. I know one way to get rid of it but I am not sure I like that choice any better than this one. So...not sure what I am going to do with it.

Edit: spelling

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/11/12 04:36 PM

Siggy by Patrick (mona 1996)
Cat0Eye

I bookmarked this...and if nothing else I am going to try...I have always wanted to attempt a split level bc I like them so we shall see.

Its okay, be simful
bandcampsquirrel

Cat0Eye wrote:I bookmarked this...and if nothing else I am going to try...I have always wanted to attempt a split level bc I like them so we shall see.

Awesome, im excited to see what you come up with

Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: