Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
And you wonder why the simguru's don't post.......  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
MBernish

Regarding the whole "I don't want blah-blah-blah SP in my game!! What a stoopid idea!!!1!!one!!" thing, I really just wish people would keep their mouths shut. And their fingers off the keyboards. Quite honestly, I think all of those fans who jumped on that SimGuru dude didn't actually read the post. I could probably give you people 10 million examples of how blinded the EA haters are.

And the people who make fun of the users who support EA? Really? It's like Justin Bieber; the people who hate him are more obsessed with hating him than the actual fans are obsessed with loving him! Did that make any sense? >_<

Anyways, the most important thing in Mr. SimGuru's post was that the forum fanbase is only a small percentage of the actual fanbase. Just because the forum moderators aren't paying all this attention to you, doesn't mean that EA doesn't care about their fans! Ugh. Whatever, I'm going to go study for my history exam.

EDIT - 2000th post!!! Woohoo! (I know what you just thought of when you read that!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 11:36 PM

Bluewind

All I have to say about the subject is that the gurus are people, just like us. They monitor, try to help us when they can, and pass the word along to superiors. They have no control over technical issues, what EA releases, or how EA does business. Yelling at them is pointless and only hurts them and makes them not want to interact with us. It's like going to Wal-Mart and yell at the cashiers over the price of hotdogs. They have nothing to do with the price of hotdogs and the gurus have nothing to do with what they are yelled at about half the time. Some people need to think before they act!

My eggs

TheMomminator

People might get listened to more if they thought about how they expressed their opinion.

If you were a SimGuru, would you read or take seriously a thread entitled "EA stinks and they have the worst developers in the industry." ?
nicolebrittanyy

dark5id3 wrote:The gurus have no control over any of that stuff and shouldn't be treated rudely
because you feel like you're not getting what you want. All the gurus can do is
pass on what we say and then we can all hope EA will listen but if they don't, it's not the gurus fault.

^
Nik24X7

Being a Sim Guru is pretty much a thankless task. I wouldn't become one if it were offered to me. Think about it, they get treated about as badly as do the people at Customer Service. They have to bear the brunt of peoples' frustrations with bugs and gameplay issues and yet they're not the ones at fault. And they rarely get thanked. Most people don't realize that they are not in a decision-making role. They don't get to pick the content of the next EP or SP. People vent at them in hopes that they are able to pass the information along to "the powers that be". I'm really not surprised that most of them keep a fairly low profile on these forums. Just my opinion.
NotSoLucky

Who is truly in charge? I thought it was the guru's who make the game and come up with the ideas?

Everyone is saying the gurus can only do as their told, but I thought they were the ones doing what they want. Who is in charge then?

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
SimGuruSarah

I will jump in and say that even if you don't see us posting it doesn't mean we aren't here reading your posts and listening to your feedback...I have a very low post count (as you can see) but I spend several hours each week reading the forums
TINA180

SimGuruSarah wrote:I will jump in and say that even if you don't see us posting it doesn't mean we aren't here reading your posts and listening to your feedback...I have a very low post count (as you can see) but I spend several hours each week reading the forums

I like that being assured! Thanks GuruSarah!
reecehammond

SimGuruSarah wrote:I will jump in and say that even if you don't see us posting it doesn't mean we aren't here reading your posts and listening to your feedback...I have a very low post count (as you can see) but I spend several hours each week reading the forums

Very True, Thanks simgurusarah
Lonnehart

I bet it must be a headache having to sift through all those angry posts for hours on end every day. I don't know if I can even do that... O_O
NotSoLucky

But imagine trying to have a convo with someone and they just sit there all quiet and say nothing.

Thats how I and many members feel when we are making posts in Ideas and feedback, or ever post directly to guru's.

In I&F, I feel like if guru's dont post, they dont read our ideas for upcoming games. I dont expect everyone of them to post in every thread, but if you guys have the time to read, why not interact with us a little so we know that you are taking in our ideas and thoughts? If its not too much to ask....
Rflong7

NotSoLucky wrote:

But imagine trying to have a convo with someone and they just sit there all quiet and say nothing.

Thats how I and many members feel when we are making posts in Ideas and feedback, or ever post directly to guru's.

In I&F, I feel like if guru's dont post, they dont read our ideas for upcoming games. I dont expect everyone of them to post in every thread, but if you guys have the time to read, why not interact with us a little so we know that you are taking in our ideas and thoughts? If its not too much to ask....

They did say they read it but do you really want them answering Some with comments of how they like the ideas and will pitch them? Then the player will think it will be in the game and then it's not? Or other players want to be answered too... everyone thinks their opinion or idea is fabulous.

Now you know they read I&F
shan_26

I don't understand why simmers need a Guru to pop in and say "Hey I read your post on hating larva babies and needing us to make it more like it was in TS2 we are working on it". What's the point in commenting on things like that. Yeah, I can see someone's frustration if they would like to know about their new and realistic ideas, but some of the ideas and feedbacks are kind of ridiculous. Sure, I have made a lot of unnecessary comments, but I didn't attack the Gurus, other simmers and EA because they don't agree or they didn't respond. Simmers should have patience and be confident that the Gurus are reading the threads when they have time, and stop being so negative. I rarely comment in hot topic threads, but lately most of the threads in the forums have been somean and negative. If people aren't bashing EA, they are being mean to seasons people, magic people and people who want to return back to playing TS2. Why can't we all just be respectful to everyone's comments and opinions.

wickichick

There are just so many different personality types out there...I wasn't head over heels in love with KP stuff pack, but my 15 year old grand-daughter is. Naturally I adore her which makes me really stop and think...why would every stuff pack and Expansion pack be exactly what I wanted? The sims appeals to such a large spectrum of ages and personalities. I am happy when I see other simmers say simply, if you don't like it don't buy it..the perfect solution. I also didn't think it was a good idea to put the simsport ability into the game..I knew I wouldn't like it, but once again...my grand-daughter does..these kids are social networking with their friends all day long, it makes me realize that I need to be open minded and not be so quick to navigate negatively.
I would dispise having to work customer service for the sims3. The game does have problems, but then consider the vast age groups and computer knowledge out there. I love the forums for help..this is consumer to consumer and it's amazing the lenghts a stranger will go to in order to help someone out. It is too bad some people feel the need to bring all their problems to the door when it is an inappropriate moment to do so, and who would enjoy being caught up in a frenzy of unhappy customers..I know I wouldn't no matter how much I was "suppose" to in order to be performing "my job".

reecehammond

shan_26 wrote:I don't understand why simmers need a Guru to pop in and say "Hey I read your post on hating larva babies and needing us to make it more like it was in TS2 we are working on it". What's the point in commenting on things like that. Yeah, I can see someone's frustration if they would like to know about their new and realistic ideas, but some of the ideas and feedbacks are kind of ridiculous. Sure, I have made a lot of unnecessary comments, but I didn't attack the Gurus, other simmers and EA because they don't agree or they didn't respond. Simmers should have patience and be confident that the Gurus are reading the threads when they have time, and stop being so negative. I rarely comment in hot topic threads, but lately most of the threads in the forums have been somean and negative. If people aren't bashing EA, they are being mean to seasons people, magic people and people who want to return back to playing TS2. Why can't we all just be respectful to everyone's comments and opinions.

This ^^

Hey everyone
I Have been a simmer for about 7 year now (i'm 15 and i started when i was 8.) i <3 the sims so much, add or gift me i won't bite x

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: