Joined: 05/16/09 08:40 PM
Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.
Simful habits include,
Too much use of testingCheatsEnabled, just too easy managing those needs.
I can't seem to give my simmies flaws in CAS...they must look good, it's my world and I'll do what I want.
No bad traits allowed, no mean-spirited, inappropriate, hot-headed. Mostly traits I can do something with, not have to worry they're going to get out of control.
Use charismatic trait in every CAS sim I make, and if I'm tweaking townies, include charismatic...much easier to make friends. I don't play on anything but normal speed so I don't have the time to do all the tedious things they go through to make friends.
I never use the political career. I tried it once and got very tired of campagn parties.
Almost all sims travel, with the exception of vamps for obvious reasons...WA is one of my favorite eps.
"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup."
Wow, I didn't think this thread would get so much attention, lol. However, I am happy to know that I'm not the only one that likes to stick to their comfort zone. Well, let me be more elaborate on my bad habits.
- I make my sims work like crazy, any free time is usually focused on raising up their skills (or whatever else they need) to go up the career ladder. Most of the time they have made it to the top of their career way before reaching Elder stage (on normal lifespan) and I never let my sims retire! They work till they die lol so by the 3rd or 4th generation my sims are pretty much rich and don't really have to work.
- I don't like gardening or fishing.
- If I'm going to have more than one sim in a household then I would rather have them work in a rabbithole because than I can focus my time on the other sims in the hosuehold (must have control lol)
-I'm really impatient at building houses and not very creative, but I try once in a while.
and that is just a few that I could name off the top of my head, I'll probably think of more later. Let's keep this thread going, I like reading other people's habits
Although I download sims, lots and worlds I almost never use them as is.
I mostly download sims for CC hair, clothes, etc but even if it is for the looks of the sim I always find fault and need to tweak them. I have used some lots just as they are but only for inactive households. My houses for my sims. I have downloaded nice houses to see how they are constructed but they are never unaltered if my sims live in them. Same with worlds. No matter how good they are they always need tweaking.
I have lots of habits.
I only use the motherlode cheat.
I always use a family that I created myself, never premade.
I always build them their house myself.
I will try to fill the premade houses that are empty with families
i created specifically for that purpose.
I always have multiple pets.
I never use negative traits.
I rush families.
The mother always stays home and the dad always works.
There is a lot more but that is a few off the top of my head.
Joined: 06/29/09 06:55 PM
Location:England, West Midlands
Hmmmm here are a few I can think of off the top of my head:
1. My sims never join the criminal career.
2. All engaged/ married sims must now wear wedding rings.
3. The roof of the household must match the household's hair colour e.g if I have a couple who both have black hair, the roof of their house must be black. Yeah weird I know
4. The interior of the house must match the clothing of the sims who live in the house. For example as I use twallan's dresser mod my sims change outfits regularly but their outfits all have a certain colour scheme so if one sim only weras purple, brown and grey the house must be decorated in only purple, brown and grey. If that sim marries someone who wears silver, blue and black than the house must be decorated in those colours as well. By decorated I mean the walls have to be painted with those colours or the sofas have to be of those colours etc.
5. Sim couples have to match each other in clothing and hair. So if I make a female sim who wears a lot of pink but then she wants to move in with her boyfriend who wears a lot of green then I have to change her clothes to a colour that looks good with green e.g beige, blue, silver. That way when I come to decorate their house it will be a lot easier. Also their hair colours have to be similar. I would never put a ginger haired sim and a black haired sim together as then I would struggle with the roofing of their house lol
6. I never use the following traits: mean spirited, insane, evil, kleptomaniac or inapporopiate.
7. Sims have to brush their teeth in the morning and in the night.
That's all I can think of for now, I haven't played the Sims in ageeees so I can't really think of any more of my simming habbits.
8. Using twallan's master contoller I always give townies a makeover.
9. I kill burgulars the second they step onto my sims' threshold
10. I also kill maids who don't clean up properly.
11. I don't play occult sims such as vampires.
12. My sims never adopt babies (not sure why)
13. Only some of my sims can have certain skills. For example a bachelor sim at the top of the athletic career living in a penthouse won't have cooking skills, and a ditzy sim who isn't the sharpest tool in the box won't have logic skills, but both would have high skill levels in athletic and career.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/21/12 11:40 AM