Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Noooo ... not autonomous w HIGH attraction! Why EA? Why?  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Conclue

Stop taking them out and putting them back in the kitchen. Just let them be. Add a new item to the house for her to play with. Not decorative but soemthing with gameplay and let a few sim days pass. If she gains weight take her to the gym. She'll be fine I'm sure after a few days.

You could be resetting the "hot item" idea everytime your putting in the inventory and taking it out.

I really want to get these items though. I wouldn't mind if a few sims got fat so I had to force them to go to the gym. LOL

I would laugh hysterically though if my ice cream shops create a obesitiy epidemic in the game. That would be cute. LOL
yoshi_dragur2012

Better yet
1. change one of the sim's traits to athletic.

2. add a full compliment of gym equipment to include the new ST pull up bar and that rock wall from the store if the sim can afford it.

3. Park both ice cream and fryer items right next to the gym items.

4. watch how your athletic outdoor sim resolves this new dilemma of getting all that new shinny stuff.
alexspoom13

amjoie wrote:
She started eating the ice cream cone, and then dropped it. LOL

Her expression is hilarious!

amjoie

@alexspoom13: Her expression is hilarious, isn't it. I laughed out loud when she did that.

OK, I wanted to test the moodlet theory before I tried a new game, new house, new sim. And the moodlet didn't have anything to do with it, but for a while, it looked like it did. I think I've narrowed down the problem, though. Here is the play by play story:

I restarted the game and sent my sim for a walk to get rid of the stir crazy moodlet. You can see she has no more moodlet. But she did go right to the ice cream machine when she returned to the lot.

She ate the ice cream, getting a java bean flavor buzz, and a comfort food moodlet. Sorry I missed the pic of her actually eating. She ate quickly.

She started playing the guitar!! Wow, a first. She seemed to be unglitched. But then I wondered to myself, just how could a moodlet make a difference, coding-wise. That didn't make sense. So it dawned on me that she might have reset after leaving the house and coming back to it. I decided to see if I could reglitch her, by repeating how this all started, but without cheats this time.

So I stopped her from playing the guitar, and had her deep fry a candy bar. I apologize for not taking a pic of that, but I was too excited with my idea of what might glitch her. Anyway, she finished frying, and I canceled the "eat" interaction (which was how this all started, in the beginning). I had her clean up, and she put the candy bar, uneaten, in the dishwasher. You can see in the pic below that she has wasted food moodlet from not eating the food, but putting it in the dishwasher. If my theory was right, she should now be glitched.

The first thing she did was clean the counter.

Then she went right back to making ice cream. She ate it. She's almost full.

After eating it, she went right back to making more ice cream. Hmmmm. Suspicious behavior.

The ice cream was bad, and the ice cream machine is filthy. I stopped her from eating it.

I instructed her to clean up the ice cream machine and counter.

Once she was done cleaning, she went right back to make more ice cream. I would have to say she is glitched, again.

So, while I would need to do further testing to be sure, this is certainly an indication that canceling deep fried food leads to glitching, and it seems that leaving the lot "resets" things and clears the glitch.

It's a start, anyway, into figuring out the problem. I feel better, just knowing there is some logic to it, rather than one isolated messed up household. And that would explain why so many other people aren't having the problem. If they aren't canceling deep fried food, it may not glitch for them.

Edit: Please ignore the "house" she is living in. It was just intended for testing sets while I make collection folders. The lower floor is almost like an efficiency apartment type thing, so the sim would be happy while I used her for testing. The upper floor is for placing set objects. When I get a collection folder made, I delete all the stuff. Then I plan to delete the DCCache and DCBackup, starting over with a new set for the next collection folder. My real houses are actually built like homes. If this was a house, it would be an embarrassment. LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 05:20 PM

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
TheMomminator

I got to play with it last night. My sims are set to high free will. My house has two adults, a teen, a dog and a cat.

I couldn't replicate this. They went to the fryer and the ice cream maker autonomously if they were hungry before they went to the fridge but they ate then went to do something else.

So far my sims prefer to sit at the fortune teller's table more than make junk food.
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

I have only tried this on one sim and she does fine without obsessing. But I must say, yours pictures are hilarious...sorry. I hope you can get your glitch worked out.

New idea: put a sprinkler in the backyard...she'll forget all about the appliances. Sorry again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 05:25 PM

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
amjoie

TheMomminator wrote:I got to play with it last night. My sims are set to high free will. My house has two adults, a teen, a dog and a cat.

I couldn't replicate this. They went to the fryer and the ice cream maker autonomously if they were hungry before they went to the fridge but they ate then went to do something else.

So far my sims prefer to sit at the fortune teller's table more than make junk food.

Momminator, did you get a chance to read the post just above yours, where I unglitched her and then glitched her again? Could you try doing what I explained, by having your sim fry food and then canceling the eat interaction, and make them clean up the food? Then waiting to see if they go for either the deep fryer or the ice cream machine, repeatedly?

I'd really like to know if simmies can get glitched like this, in someone else's game. It's the only lead I have so far, in what might be happening ....

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
TheMomminator

I never buy water slides because my sims get completely obsessed with them as do the papparazzi!
TheMomminator

I actually cancelled them a few times. They were going for the ice cream maker when I wanted them to eat something else. I redirected them though. If I hadn't, I'm sure they would have gone right back to it because they were hungry.

Mine just never went to it unless they were hungry.

I can't see the rest of your house but what other forms of entertainment do you have for them besides the guitar?
SimGuruAims

amjoie wrote:I closed my game and restarted, without any cheats. She cleaned up a couple old newspapers. Then she went right for the ice cream maker.

After she had the cone, she went to the deep fryer, and ate the fried ice cream.

She was stuffed. Obviously, since her hunger had barely gone down.

Sorry that you are having issues with this content! We've been looking into this issue all morning and what we've come away with is this (and since you seem to be an advanced user, I hope you don't mind a little "dev-speak"):

First: The static needs cheat you've been using is designed to keep your needs static, not necessarily to prevent interactions (however, as a byproduct of the static needs cheat, many interactions are prevented, though not as a function of the design). We believe that to get your desired results (for screen grabs and such), if you turn off autonomy in the option menu, you'll find that your active Sim and the Sims in your household are not going to get Ice Cream or Deep Fried Food without you telling them to do so. Hope that works for you!

Incidentally, but very important, this behavior is ONLY related to using the static needs cheat with autonomy enabled... so for people who are not using these specific settings, there should be no problem playing with autonomy enabled.

Second: When you have all cheats disabled, and you put your Sim into the kitchen with the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Maker objects, because they advertise to fulfill both FUN and HUNGER needs, if there are no other object on the lot which they can interact with to fulfill these needs (in this case, judging by your pic, the fun need) your Sims will return to them over and over as their fun need decays. When you were playing with this Sim in this kitchen, did she have access to any other objects that could fulfill her fun needs? (I wasn't sure if you had a computer in the kitchen when you disabled the cheats- couldn't tell from the pics?) Likely if your computer is there, she'll choose to do that at some point, to fulfill her fun need too.

Hope this helps! Sorry again if these issues have caused you trouble.
amjoie

SimGuruAims wrote:

Sorry that you are having issues with this content! We've been looking into this issue all morning and what we've come away with is this (and since you seem to be an advanced user, I hope you don't mind a little "dev-speak"):

First: The static needs cheat you've been using is designed to keep your needs static, not necessarily to prevent interactions (however, as a byproduct of the static needs cheat, many interactions are prevented, though not as a function of the design). We believe that to get your desired results (for screen grabs and such), if you turn off autonomy in the option menu, you'll find that your active Sim and the Sims in your household are not going to get Ice Cream or Deep Fried Food without you telling them to do so. Hope that works for you!

Incidentally, but very important, this behavior is ONLY related to using the static needs cheat with autonomy enabled... so for people who are not using these specific settings, there should be no problem playing with autonomy enabled.

Second: When you have all cheats disabled, and you put your Sim into the kitchen with the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Maker objects, because they advertise to fulfill both FUN and HUNGER needs, if there are no other object on the lot which they can interact with to fulfill these needs (in this case, judging by your pic, the fun need) your Sims will return to them over and over as their fun need decays. When you were playing with this Sim in this kitchen, did she have access to any other objects that could fulfill her fun needs? (I wasn't sure if you had a computer in the kitchen when you disabled the cheats- couldn't tell from the pics?) Likely if your computer is there, she'll choose to do that at some point, to fulfill her fun need too.

Hope this helps! Sorry again if these issues have caused you trouble.

Hello! You have no idea how happy I am to hear from you! I really appreciate that you are personally giving me feedback.

I should apologize for my obvious anger, yesterday, when I first discovered the problem. It is not what I thought it was, at that time. A problem does exist, but is not as blatant as it appeared, at first glance. Today, I am just eager to find a workable solution to a glitchy problem, so I can enjoy these objects in my game.

Did you read my latest exploration of the problem, just a couple posts above this one? I think it is related to canceling food after deep frying, regardless of using cheats. Please read in that post above, where I got her unglitched and then glitched her again. No cheats were in use. In fact I had restarted my computer, and then restarted the game. I did not use cheats since the restarts. But I was able to unglitch and reglitch the sim.

Just to reiterate, this is a fresh game folder in Documents, that was generated when I opened the launcher to install the Fiesta set, with no mods in the game folder. The only CC installed is this Fiesta set. I have all expansions and stuff packs installed. The sim was made in CAS as a test sim, and unplayed except for getting her the handy skill so she could make fireplaces fireproof. Her "house" is the minimum required to keep her happy on the main floor (an outdoor "kitchen" from one of the stuff packs is just out of view on the main floor), and the upper floor room was designed to place sets while I made collection folders. The Fiesta set is currently the only set in the game.

To answer your questions: Yes, she had plenty to keep her fun motive high, on the lower floor of her test "house," and also in the kitchen room. I put a pic of the lower floor in the post above, and I had related what she had for fun, in an earlier post, also.

She had a guitar and computer in the "kitchen" where I was making a temporary room to place all the items of the set (before she tried the ice cream maker and deep fryer for the first time), while I made a collection folder for set. In her test room below, she had another guitar, another computer, a chess table, a second bookshelf, a music box.

I do prefer having my sims on high autonomy, since I normally play large households with more than one adult, a few children, and several pets. I am not able to micromanage everyone, so turning off high autonomy is not really a solution for me.

I also have occasion to use static motives, most notably when I take a sim to do tomb exploration during vacations. I am not willing to alter my game play just to make two objects work. I have never had a problem before, with any other objects. I don't know what was done differently this time, but I wish it could be reversed.

All of the problems would be solved if I had a way to toggle the autonomy of the deep fryer and the ice cream maker.

Or, if the problem is related to canceling the eat interaction, fixing whatever coding is causing that rare obsessive behavior.

Even if I can get the current problem solved, I do think the attraction is still set too high, because people are saying that sims prefer the deep fryer and ice cream maker to all other foods, and that is putting too much emphasis on it. They shouldn't eat this stuff exclusively, I don't think, even when not glitched. It might be cute, for a while, but it will get old, fast.

Regardless, thank you again for personally replying. It does help to know you are also concerned. (hugs)

catloverplayer

Why not just buy the lifetime reward fast metabosolm? It keeps sims from gaining weight problem solved.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
amjoie

catloverplayer wrote:Why not just buy the lifetime reward fast metabosolm? It keeps sims from gaining weight problem solved.

I know you have suggested that before, and I have not replied. I am trying to find a solution for the obsession. Having to earn lifetime happiness for each and every sim I ever play, in order to buy a lifetime reward -- for as long as I play the game -- is not an actual solution. It perhaps is a bandaid coverup to ease the pain, but not a real solution.

I do appreciate that you cared enough to make a suggestion, however.

I appreciate everyone's comments. Just knowing people care enough to reply has been a big help, while I slough through my apparently rare glitchy problem.

catloverplayer

amjoie wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:Why not just buy the lifetime reward fast metabosolm? It keeps sims from gaining weight problem solved.

I know you have suggested that before, and I have not replied. I am trying to find a solution for the obsession. Having to earn lifetime happiness for each and every sim I ever play, in order to buy a lifetime reward -- for as long as I play the game -- is not an actual solution. It perhaps is a bandaid coverup to ease the pain, but not a real solution.

I do appreciate that you cared enough to make a suggestion, however.

I appreciate everyone's comments. Just knowing people care enough to reply has been a big help, while I slough through my apparently rare glitchy problem.

I actually cheat to give my sims this reward with testingcheats. It's quicker. If you cheat you can raise the points very quickly. A lot of people don't know you can do this.

I use the cheat because it's usseful for storytelling.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
ivinian

I'm *incredibly* grateful to those folks who've come forward with issues with the new content. I was already torqued beyond all recognition that my spellbook has the reset bug (it didn't before my reinstall, so I suspect there's some sorcery involved with the order I reinstalled my Store content, which is just ridiculous to even think about), and when the new set came out I was initially thrilled--till I realized that my current premium content is already broken and here I was thinking about buying ANOTHER bunch of premium content. EA can't even fix what I already have!

So I decided to wait it out and see if the new content has any issues--and it sure seems to. Thank you for warning me away till this is resolved. Seriously, thank you. The recolors are simply gorgeous, btw, so if those are your work, great job!

And SimGuruAims, thanks again for being so visible through this glitch. I really hope that EA will get this problem and the others fixed soon so I can give you guys more money

My studio -- c'mon by and take a peek! ** CC-free.

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: