Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Supernatural Building Contest---Sponsored by D.N.A. Request Team---WINNERS ANNOUNCED!  XML
Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
calmorezoo

OO goodie im liking the list of entries so far, this could be a hard one to judge!

originalsim

I really can't wait to see what everyone comes up with here.

Drezella

Great contest, I'd like to enter, will post something within the next week or so.

Regards
Drezella
ZooProfessor3

murfeel wrote:This is great! I was gonna join a similar Supernatural - Story contest, but I think the host isn't coming back, and I already started working on a few prototype lots/story ideas, so I guess I'll be joining here instead! Sign me up!

Awesome! This contest was perfect timing for you then, wasn't it?

Jillyson_Twozaks_1 wrote:I'm super-new at building, and I only ever did one contest (where I was promptly put to shame by the other, fabulous builders! Lol!)

What does CAP mean - I'm thinking custom patterns?

CAP is indeed Create-A-Pattern which is a way to create custom patterns and these are not allowed for this contest. Don't worry about being new. Building is how you learn to be good at building and I've had more than one of my builder friends say that building for contest really increased their skill level. Good luck!

Drezella wrote:Great contest, I'd like to enter, will post something within the next week or so.

Regards
Drezella

Excellent! No hurry on the entry. If you notice we intentionally put a really long time frame.

TO EVERYONE:
The post I quoted of yours is now your entry post. As you get your lot on the Exchange and get your story thread ready for viewing, just come back to that post and edit it to add your entry information. This is the post I will link people to so that they can see your work. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask me!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/21/12 09:41 PM

ZooProfessor3

Thanks to all my dear D.N.A. teammates for all the support and all the lurking! I'm really excited to see what our contestants come up with, too!

priscapup

Although I'm still a real beginner, I've been learning some great stuff in Zoo U, so I think I'd like to try this out. More for the fun than anything, and first dibs on all the other builds that these great builders are going to be putting up here!

Oh, what is 'decrapified'? I guess if I don't know it, I don't have it?

And so it begins... here is the link to Lew Garoo, Werewolf, and Bartender Extraordinaire.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6318343

Link to The Wolf's Den, a dive bar:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6318435

Story Link!!!!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/581608.page#93735

Preview pics - both are CC free and contain no store content.

A couple of pictures of The Wolf's Den.

This is Lew Garoo, thanking the contractor for building his bar for him.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 09/01/12 01:56 PM

mwjessica723

Yay, I'm glad to see you are going to enter, Priscapup! Good luck to you!

Decrapified content is Store content that is run through a third-party program called CompressorizerRedux (there might be other programs out there, but that's the one I know about). It strips the package file of certain data and recompresses it. This changes the package file so that Custard will see it as custom content.

Since you've never heard of it before, you're most likely fine! The only other way to get this kind of content without doing the "decrapifying" yourself is by file sharing (a.k.a. piracy) with other simmers who have recompressed the content. So as long as you don't do either thing I explained, you have nothing to worry about!

Sorry for the long explanation; I just figured maybe others want to know what it's all about, too!
ZooProfessor3

priscapup wrote:Although I'm still a real beginner, I've been learning some great stuff in Zoo U, so I think I'd like to try this out. More for the fun than anything, and first dibs on all the other builds that these great builders are going to be putting up here!

Oh, what is 'decrapified'? I guess if I don't know it, I don't have it?

AWESOME! I love that you are trying this Priscapup!

"Decrapified" is a file that someone has put through a program so that someone else can use it. For example, some of the Store rewards for purchasing Sim Point bundles have been "decrapified" and people who did NOT get the reward via Sim Point purchase have a copy of the reward item. The game (and Custard, which is a program for determining if you you have CC in a file) read decrapified items as CC.

Okay, so the post I quoted is your entry post. When you have a link to your lot or a link to your story thread that you want to add, just edit this post. I will put a link in post four (along with your name) that leads to your entry post.

GOOD LUCK!

Zoo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/22/12 05:27 AM

WibbleLikeAJelly

Wow, the entries list is growing!

--Wibble

Kayzeegrl

Entry Name: Nature's Fairytale Tower

Thread link with photos: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/581364.page#9369506

Picture Preview:

Exterior:

Second floor master bedroom and bathroom:

Basement floor plan:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/31/12 06:58 PM

ZooProfessor3

Kayzeegrl wrote:Count me in as a entrant! I'll let you know and edit my post here when I get my link to my upload, story and photos.

I have the perfect plan : ]

Excellent, Kayzeegrl (love your user name, by the way)! You just said you would do what I was about to ask you to do so I will just skip the instructions and say Good Luck!

Zoo

stormwench

The builds can only be for supernaturals, not for regular sims trying to live among supernaturals?

Diamonds_11_22

hi! i would like to enter.. just reserving this spot for my entry (:
originalsim

bump

EMPRESSPAMELA

*waves

Good to see the list is growing. I'm so looking forward to seeing the entries. So many ways to express your creativity with such a fun theme!

Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: