Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to adopt strays  XML
Forum Index » Pets
BeachBum5790

Has anyone figured out how to adopt strays? I know you have to befriend them. The relationship level between a stray dog and my sim is 100%, but there is no 'adopt pet' option.

I do not want to adopt from the shelter because my sim's lifetime wish is to adopt 6 strays, so how do you do this?
Julia526

Yes, i have been wondering that too

maraskywhiner

I've been trying to adopt the random strays that walk by as well, with no luck...

However, for the LTW, you can adopt strays from the shelter. My sim has that same LTW and is working on it that way. Sadly, this doesn't fulfill the popup wishes to adopt a stray animal, so you don't get the massive happiness points for each stray adopted.

Anyone else know?
TheBuffKing

A stray dog came to my lot twice. I played with it each time. Brushed, rub belly, gave treat. The second time it came by and I did all that Adopt came up in the pie menu.
Teetum

when the stray comes, I can never seem to get it back or it runs away from my sim
SumoB

You have to be friend with it and then it will say ADOPT.

Personally I think it's rather difficult to adopt strays cause they don't come each night/morning and they don't stay for very long either before they "go home" Weird right? Strays without a home and then they leave the lot cause they are going home

[/URL]
ChrisOldfield

A cat adopted my family. He was sleeping in the front yard since I moved in. I invited the cat in and he is now practically a family member, goes in and out and hasn't left for over three days. Even though the mom has practically maxed out her relationship with him I still can't formally adopt him. Of course dad is not on quite close terms with the cat, neither is infant since she can't interact with the cat.

I'm thinking maybe some bug, or the cat doesn't like my sim much. Could even be that the "stray" is tagged as being owned. But it's name is "Stray Cat"
emr2220

Well, I've befriended wild horses, and "Adopt Wild Horse" comes up under "friendly...", but I do not have a high enough racing skill to adopt it. :/ oh well, I am wondering if that's the same with strays. In my current game, I have yet to see a single stray. I've had it since Friday, and in all my games I've only seen a stray dog once, and a cat never. *sigh*

dragonrider569

I think its a glitch because my sim is a BFF for a dog, but it still wont allow me to adopt him. His name is "Stay dog" so he can't be someones dog. But when I did the same thing with a horse it let me adopt him. I also did that same thing with a cat and it didn't let me adopt the cat. I think its a glitch with cats and dogs.
kittycat220

in my current game i have seen strays on my front yard and when i go towards them and start to interact with them they always seem 2 run off before i have the chance to befriend them its soooooooooooooo anoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SimsBeast500

Idk, but everytime a stray comes by, it always says its going home? i thought strays didnt have homes. And how come everytime i "invite it inside" the stray doesnt go in? FREAKY!!!!
lizyrox100

I have several different games, and even if I become friends with the stray, the "Adopt" icon doesn't show up. Also a way to try and make a "Stray" stay at your home (if it is on your property) is that you can go into "Build Mode" and make a fence around your home. Put a gate at the front so your Sims can get in and out. Go back to live mode and click on the gate/ each gate and click on the "Lock" icon. When it splits up into another pie, click on the "Pets icon. Now the stray cannot get out unless you ask it to leave. You will have more time to become friends with it and adopt it. Hope this helped!
MEGBEAR11

I was working on getting the friendship higher between my sim and the stray cat when it died. i didn't even get the option to adopt it.
DemonFox

You have to let the stray come back to your house several times. Have a good relationship with it, and if its not leaving, ask it to leave. Sometimes it can take several days for the same stray to return. After returning 3+ times the stray can then be adopted.
angelsomy

My stray is a tiny puppy I found buried in the snow in the park. It's too little to even get off my porch to l eave so how would I be able to get it to leave ?

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: