Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Fifty Foals Challenge (Official Rules)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
SIMyth

Post 1: Rules
Post 2: A few story links
Post 3: Announcements (updated: April 2013)

Hello all you horse enthusiasts out there. Here is a challenge for you. It is a little something I've created for horses. Yes, those beloved equine mares and stallions we all adore will now have a challenge of their very own. If this peaks your interest, read on.

OFFICIAL RULES:

1. Create (not adopt) one Sim and One horse. Your horse may be male or female. Your Sim may also be male or female and does not have to be the same gender as your horse.

2. NO money cheats are allowed.

3. Each foal should have a different sire (father). Or dam (mother) if your horse is male.

4. Your Mare's (or Stallion) goal is to have 50 foals.

5. Yes, you may use any and all lifetime reward points your horse may have. You may also train them, race them, jump with them, etc. as you wish.

6. You may choose to sell, give away, etc each foal as it ages up into adulthood. Do not give away/sell a foal. (Alternate: You can sell a foal but only IF it achieves a trained trait such as 'fast'.)

7. Your Sim human (or vampire) can be any age with any traits. But YA is suggested so they can live longer and take care of all the horses/foals that will come to be under their care. Yes, other Sims may join your household.

8. Your human Sim and any other sims may NOT choose a job or profession. (Except for Teenage Sims. The teenagers may have part-time jobs until graduation. Then they will either have to quit and help out on the ranch or move away.) Their job is to care for their growing ranch. They may collect, garden and fish, etc for extra simoleons. Self-employment is optional. (Hint: There is the horseman/horsewoman self-employment option now.)

9. You may choose any world you wish. But it must have the JRA International Equestrian Center in the world somewhere. As this is where you will be going with your Mare to breed her, contest her and sell your grown-up foals. You can also use Unicorns, Wild Horses and adopted ones as Sires to your foals. Used only once of course.

10. A little note on lot size. You may choose any size you wish IF it is at least a 30x30. The bigger the better but watch those beginning funds.

11. For those that use Stallions as their Founding horse, the mare that is impregnated must belong to the household at the time of birth. You can sell her afterwards if you wish. But that means bottle-feeding the foal.

12. Yes, your Sim may have other pets besides horses, such as a dog, cat, etc. Try to limit their numbers though so you still have room to work with your horse population.

13. Yes you may go to Edit Town and create more households for the town (with or without animals/horses) but your are NOT allowed to change the active household at any time.

14. When you create a thread or story, please include a link to these rules in your first post. This is the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/450566.page#6705390
This is not an actual rule but a request.

Alternative Challenge Strategy

Alternate #1 - Use two mares (or stallions) instead of one. The second mare can be created in CAS or adopted in-game. Each mare will have the goal to produce 25 foals each instead of 50. All other rules of the challenge will apply.

NEW! Alternate #2 - Use five mares. Each must produce 10 foals. All the mares may use the same stallions for breeding, but each mare may use each stallion only once.

The first mare must be created in CAS along with your founding Sim. The other four mares may be adopted, bought or born into the household. (They do NOT have to be producing foals at the same time. You can use the 'next generation' card for choosing your mares if you wish.)

All other rules of the challenge will apply.

Optional Side-Challenges

These are optional and for those that really want to work a very tough challenge.

1. You must become a full owner (not just a partner) in every business in the world.

2. You must buy every venue in the world and upgrade each one at least once.

3. You must have your Sim get married and raise five children to teenagers.

4. Your Sim must achieve their life-time wish.

Do you want to try one of the above? How about all of them? Have fun!

This message was edited 25 times. Last update was at 04/01/13 09:27 PM

SIMyth

If you create a thread, blog or story please share your link here so we can following along. And please provide a link to these rules in your first post.

Here are only a very few of the awesome challenge stories out there. These might wet your appetite to try your own. Enjoy!

Emmett & Glacier (by SimChick1016)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/452537.page#67282

Rachel & Sprinkles (by Poiz3n)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/452561.page

Sadie & Ban (by DijanaMenatas)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/453583.page

Sage & Goodfellow (by GreedyChick)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/454284.page

Bobby & Esmeralda (by fleshjenn)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/454172.page

Kitty & Lady Sorrow (by Srich83)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/459059.page

Lux & Kiss (by Rinjii19)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/489805.page

Prairie & Desi (by madhu_vati)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/459145.page

Note: There are more links in the following pages from those that have taken up this challenge. Take a look. Read them. Start one of your own and have fun!

This message was edited 29 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 02:53 AM

SIMyth

Creators Announcement: April/2013

In the unfortunate event that this challenge thread is ever deleted or disappears from thesims3 forums, I have created an official rules site that you can find here:
http://50foalschallenge.weebly.com

If enough interest is given, I might create a slideshow with selected photos from all of your challenges. IF I do this, I will ask for photo donations and will choose a select few from among them. BUT...for right now, I'd like to hear your feedback first before I do anything else. Thanks!

~Rawla/SIMyth

P.s. For those that have linked this rule thread in your stories, you do not need to change the link to the new website listed above unless you choose to. It is completely voluntary. Have fun!

------------------

Feel free to ask questions and get hints/tips or share them. This is a thread to chat about your 50 Foals Challenge. Have fun with it!

• With that being said, how is everyone doing?

• I know a few have gotten very close to finishing. Has anyone completed it yet?

• How close have you come? How close are you now?

• Are you playing this challenge along with another challenge such as a Legacy or ISBI?

• Share. Share. Share!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 04/01/13 09:26 PM

Emilym3

Thats a lot of horses. I think I would get tired of them and start thinking of glue after a while.

SIMyth

Emilym3 wrote:Thats a lot of horses. I think I would get tired of them and start thinking of glue after a while.

Yes it is a lot of horses. lol That's the challenge of it all. And the fun of seeing all the different outcomes of genetics is a bonus.

artist78

That sounds awesome! I might have to try it. It would be cool to start off the "founding" horse with lots of color in its fur so you get really unique babies. =D

SikSouthernTink

What about 25 foals? I'd do that XP

I have a 19 month old wild child and it's a little hard for me but that sounds awesome!

Even if it's 50 I'll think about it. I can make my favorite horsey Secretariat or Seattle Slew since I know he's got so many freaking babies lol <3<3<3 XP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/20/11 03:13 PM

SIMyth

@artist78 - Sounds great! Lots of colors would certainly make for colorful babies. I hope you share a blog or thread with us. I'd love to see your progress.

@SikSouthernTink - Making Secretariat would be awesome. I love that horse. You wouldn't be keeping all fifty on your Sim's lot. I don't think that is even possible. So take it at your own pace and have fun.

BUTTONSGINGER

Sounds very interesting. I will be lurking for sure. I have bookmarked this thread.

SikSouthernTink

Heck I'll give it a try...lol It's going to take forever lol My stally better get started XP

also, I was curious how stud works? Like what do you do? I haven't bred horses (waiting on my pup(s) in a fam to be born lol)

SIMyth

SikSouthernTink wrote:Heck I'll give it a try...lol It's going to take forever lol My stally better get started XP

also, I was curious how stud works? Like what do you do? I haven't bred horses (waiting on my pup(s) in a fam to be born lol)

For this challenge I suggest the following way to breed your mare: Bring your mare to the JRA International Equestrian Center and choose to breed her to any stallion available there. (Pics and stud fees pop up to choose from.) Make a note of the stallion you used as you will not be using him again. (Unless there is no other choices left. Let me know if anyone runs into this please.)

I love lurkers. Thanks for stopping by ButtonsGinger.

Laurita0326

That sounds really fun! I may have to give it a try! Great and creative idea.

Laurita0326

strelitzia19

Location:~I may not be perfect, but I'm always me, and that's something you could never be.~

Sounds fun, I might give it a go once I've had the chance to play pets a little more

Nik24X7

I've read that horses give birth to only one foal at a time. I don't think twins are possible. Question though. What should one do if the list of studs comes up at the Equestrian Center and there isn't an "unused" stud available?
    SikSouthernTink

Btw, I WILL be making Secretariat and Seattle Slew to add them up to the Exchange one day...hopefully either today or tomorrow.

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
    Go to: