Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is there a way to lock stall doors - my horses keep coming out!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
vickythelizard

Hi there, I have one quick question regarding keeping horses in stalls.
Whenever I put my sims horse in a stall it opens it and comes out on its own then wanders around the barn.

Is there a way to lock the stall door?
Ive clicked on the stall and stall door and there is no option for this.
Its quite frustrating, and I dont want to take free will off my horses.

Any help would be beneficial.
vickythelizard

*bump* anyone any info on how to lock stalls?
Flashygrrl

Why do you want to lock them in?
sirona66

no u can't lock them in the stalls. And yep they will come out on their own , especially for exercise needs.

redique

Thats kind of cruel really u for the first time ever in the sims u can control pets and really u can control them all they want and if u dont want to u dont need a sim to really care about the horse except brush and clean hooves and they do like to be loved though and a pet will never run away and that also gets me think how does the game get stray animals so u can control pets to do what they want so instead of keeping them locked in stalls just say to practess on the horse park place and let them be but also take their saddle off cause they dont like it staying with them very long but just let them be.
kirkuk

As someone who used to have a horse, I find it pretty strange watching them walk around unsupervised in open areas too. Even though I know nothing can happen.

"Noooo, why is it by the pool..NO NO don't go in the road"

StarlingGray

You can't lock the stalls as far as I'm aware. Though you could put up a fence around the barn and lock the gate.

It does seem kinda cruel to lock them up but I also see where you're coming from. The horse my current family has spends way too much time goofing around in the front yard and I find it a bit annoying. He has a huge area in the backyard to play in, but always wants to hang out by the mailbox.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
Nik24X7

One of my Sims had the autonomous action to let the horses out of their stalls. They have two stalls and he opened both of them. So I'm guessing that the horses were somehow locked inside but I didn't do it. Dunno.
In_Cadence

You can lock the barn door to keep them in the barn. You can keep them in their stalls by turning off free will for pets.
DarkAmaranth1966

Just come visit me for a few days, you'll see it isn't odd at all. The mules are nearly always just wandering the neighborhood- eating whatever lawn they fell like eating. While my own horses do stay home, there are a good 120 or more that belong to a big ranch on down the road and, at any give time 6-all of them are lose and roaming about.

Most of these rarely see humans and live in what we call the bottoms. Yes fenced, with old barbed wire but hunters on in and don't see them so, leave the gates down.

Now I irrigate my pasture and yard so, have green grass longer that most here and, because of that and my own horses, I see the herd quite often. - Have been here 8 years, never owned a lawn mower and never had to have anyone mow my lawn - The mules and horses do it for me

I can see locking a horse in a fenced pasture but not in a stall unless it's a stud or for medical reasons. And studs only because the real ones behave nothing like the sim ones - they can be dangerous if you don't know how to handle them.

StessToCockpit

Can't the horse choose the option 'Lock' when he/she's inside the stable? I have the dutch version but I remember something saying lock. I just never tried it so I'm not sure if it's for the stable or not...
Emileezy

This drives me crazy aswell! I can't stand my horses walking all over my property. ;-;

Now you're gone I miss you
But I told you
I remember bad times
More than good
Theres no coming back
Even if we could
I loved you to death
-D. Mustaine
debbyj9557

I just build a fence around the 'horse' area and locked the gate. No more wandering
Sianystar

I pop my stalls in a big barn and lock the barn doors at night, then in the daytime they're let out into their massive field and ridden in the afternoons. Routine, yo.

eventercrazy

redique wrote:Thats kind of cruel really u for the first time ever in the sims u can control pets and really u can control them all they want and if u dont want to u dont need a sim to really care about the horse except brush and clean hooves and they do like to be loved though and a pet will never run away and that also gets me think how does the game get stray animals so u can control pets to do what they want so instead of keeping them locked in stalls just say to practess on the horse park place and let them be but also take their saddle off cause they dont like it staying with them very long but just let them be.

How the hay (haha) is that cruel? You have to keep horses contained somehow... Using a stall for its intended (life-like) purpose isn't cruel (unless you abandon them there) or unrealistic at all.....

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: