Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SIMS 3 Pets Freezing Constantly and Horse Stuck in the House Issue  XML
Forum Index » Pets
LadyLovage

I've never posted on the forums before and am not quite sure where to post this. Installed SIMS 3 Pets Tuesday night, started playing. Okay, great. This is a vanilla game, no mods, no nothing... just straight SIMS.

Wednesday I made a cat and merged it with my existing SIM person in her house. Great. Started to freeze about 2 hours into the game. Turned off the computer, restarted, worked fine.

Last night I made a horse and today I adopted a kitten. It is now freezing constantly. The game was just installed two nights ago and now it has all these issues. The game is "running" but the freezes happen every few seconds to every couple of minutes and last anywhere from a few seconds to 30 seconds long!

Also, the horse came inside my house while it was being robbed and the alarm was going off. I could not get the horse back outside no matter what I did. I ended up having to go into build mode, removing parting the wall, and then allowing the horse to leave.

This is very aggravating and I'm very disappointed with all the little glitches I'm finding in the game. I've noticed a lot of issues with EA games these days and I can't say I'm really looking forward to any more releases if it's just going to be frustratingly difficult to use their games.
emilyalyssa12

I am having a similar problem - every time a horse comes into view my computer freezes, and I have to manually turn it off. It also takes forever to start the game, so this can be a huge hassle. I spent two hours the night I got the game trying to get it to work. I probably only played a total of 10 minutes in that whole time because when it froze I have to turn my computer off, wait for it to start, wait for Sims to load, wait for neighborhood to load. It takes forever.

Not worth my $40.00 at all. Not to mention that I pre-ordered and expected to be able to at least play the game for more than 10 minutes.

I've sent EA two e-mails so far, both stating they will be resolved in 24 hours, but I have yet to hear a response. Obviously EA doesn't care about the consumer as much as we all thought. And to think I've been a loyal Sims fan all these years. Unfortunately this might be the last thing I purchase, as I don't see the point in wasting money and time on something that won't even work for more than a few minutes.
eshkimokel58

I'm not having problems with the game freezing, but I am having glitches. My cat that I created is stuck in the wall on the second floor of my house...I can't get her out and she won't move...ughhh I guess I just have to wait till the social worker comes to take her away...=[
SilverSunbeams

When your horse gets stuck I found a cheat to get it out. If you have windows vista hit "ctrl windows shift c" to have a bar pop up on the top of the screen. Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" and hit enter. Click on your horse, then hold down the shift key and right click where you want it to go. When you do that an option will show up saying "teleport me here" I bet that would work for any stuck animal. If you don't have windows vista I think you just hit "ctrl shift c" though I'm not 100% sure (you can google it and I'm sure it'll come up somewhere). My horse has gotten stuck multiple times and this has worked every time for me.
The glitching and freezing I can't help you with though, sorry. I'm having similar problems as well. My game on average takes 9 minutes to load, 4 minutes to save and freezes about every 5 minutes for 10-30 seconds at a time. It's really frustrating and I can't wait till we can upload another patch to try to stop all the glitching out. What irks me the most is we waited so long for this game to come out you'd think they would have taken the time to fix the glitches. I have an updated graphics card and a ton of open room on my hard drive for these games so I know it's not just my computer not being able to handle all the expansions and stuff packs.
Also, does anyone here know how to unfreeze my horse? The butler wanted to hug the horse but the horse canceled it to go do something else. But when it was canceled it froze on how the butler wanted to hug it and now it can't move, it can't do anything but sit there. I don't know any cheats/codes/techniques to unfreeze/undo this action. Any ideas?
ChristinaKP1986

To all three of you above :
With stuck pets, you can try the reset sim code that you use if there's a problem with a stuck or suddenly glitched sim.
You just type "ctrl+alt+c" and then in the blue bar that shows up in the top of the screen you type "resetsim [first name] [last name]". Then the sim should "teleport" to the mailbox, all reset, unstuck and unglitched

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/11 08:32 PM

Terry1

I'm having the same problem with freezing and my horses both walk backwards to go do anything...anyone else have that issue? Also can't get my Sim to ride either horse off the property...when I tell her to go outside the fence the command changes to "Dismount and Go Home". It was working just fine until I adopted another horse then the problems started. Any one have any ideas???
SilverSunbeams

ChristinaKP1986 wrote:To all three of you above :
With stuck pets, you can try the reset sim code that you use if there's a problem with a stuck or suddenly glitched sim.
You just type "ctrl+alt+c" and then in the blue bar that shows up in the top of the screen you type "resetsim [first name] [last name]". Then the sim should "teleport" to the mailbox, all reset, unstuck and unglitched

Great tip! Thanks!
NanaFinalfantasy

i have solution for freezing, execute without custom content and creat new games and save, only after you can introduce your custom and it s work ! (sorry for my bad english)
SilverSunbeams

Got my horse unstuck, huzzah! =]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/24/11 01:50 PM

littleitaly83

Mine is real irritating.. My horse it self can do anything it wants, but it won't allow my sim to interact with my horse any more or vise verse..
Lulux9

Well, I also have a really annoying problem. Every time I want to create a horse, the screen gets darker and brighter all the time, and nothing else happens. The music is still running, but you are still in the room with the mirror.. You can't do anything but restart the computer.

Someone who has an answer to this?.. Thank you
SyFy1235

I just bought my game and everytime i try to make a horse it freezes ad wont unfreeze!! Can any one fix it?? it really bugs me!!
Emiy090401

My game will freeze and then won't unfreeze, one time it froze and I left it for the night, when I got up it was still frozen. For the horse getting stuck it does work if you press "ctrl-shift-c", type in "testingcheatsenabled true", click on your stuck sim, and then hold down shift and click where you want them to go, then you can teleport your sim. For the freezing I found one way to stop it on my pc. I would "tab-alt" to get out of it then in the corner of my screen there would be a box with the sims sign on it, if I ran my cursor (mouse) over it a small black box would pop-up with an X in the corner, I would click on the X then go to my game and it would unfreeze and ask if I wanted to exit and I would click "cancel" and I could play again, but what I would do once it unfreezes is save it before it freezes again. This trick doesn't work a lot but it has before

HOPE THIS HELPS

SMILE
kitty2472

I am having the same problem of all of the above! It's soo annoying I cannot create a horse, adopt a horse or buy and horse. It freezes!!!!!!!!! IF THERE ARE ANY PATCHES OR CHEATS I CAN USE TO FINALLY STOP THE FREEZE AND CREATE A HORSE, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL!!!!! THANKS
Luciecampbell200

I'm having this problem myself, my horse works fine and all but when it comes to riding her my game just freezes for about 5 minuets then it works again and every time I attempt to ride her the game freezes, I tried the reset sims code and that didn't work I don't know why and its annoying because my sims' lifetime wish was to be a horse rider...

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: