Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Question about Minor Pets  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Babyfiredawitch

Sometimes, when I find minor pets (so far all birds, a pigeon, a blue and gold macaw, and a falcon) I can only watch them, not catch them... What's the reasoning behind this?
Graciel

Not sure. I haven't found any birds or snakes, but my sims can "catch" rodents, lizards, and turtles just fine.

My cats can only catch things after a few points in the "hunting" skill.

Maybe birds are too agile for humans? I'm interested in answers to this as well.
kikuras

Yeah it's happened to me as well. I found the rarest large bird (Spotted Sixam) and was so excited to befriend it, but all I could do was watch. I thought maybe watching it a few times might unlock the befriend option, but many sim hours later I still could only watch the bird. He ended up disappearing with the sunrise.

HannahBanana0763

I'm having the same problem. Would LOVE some answers
Katrinasims3

apparently its to do with a hidden wildlife skill
CuddlyBun

If it's due to the hidden wildlife skill, then my sim should be able to catch the Spotted Sixam or falcon since her skill is maxed (I checked with MC), but she can't catch them. The largest bird she can catch right now is a Crow.

Edit: She can also get the Cockatoo, but I really wanted the Spotted Sixam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/11 08:21 PM

GreedyChick

my sim caught a bluebird but had it in her pocket to long and it flew away , she didnt try to befriend it she just collected it
CuddlyBun

Also, I find it weird that my sims can catch one of the same type of bird and not others. For example I just had my sim catch a Nuthatch, but she can't pick up another one I found.

eleeburg

I found with birds especially instead of clicking "Watch" click on Befriend ... then once it lets you near it my Sim will automatically catch the bird and I can take it home. I have only been playing an hour or so, I don't have very many wildlife points so I am thinking that is something you can try.
moniz0123

i assume its like fishing, where you have to be at a certain "level" to catch certain fish. I am still trying to figure this out myself, but the first bird my sim ever caught was a spotted sixam and now she cant catch any more of that breed, so i dont really understand it yet...
jyellieterror

There's something i found on Carl's guide posted by LoveSims.

"If the action befriend bird don't come up it is because the terrain is uneven. Your sim must catch it himself."

I haven't had time myself to try this out.But solution makes sense.
[url]http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7
422.msg154443#msg154443

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/11 08:55 PM

Ⓙ⑂℮ʟℓḯ℮†ℯґя☺ℛ

turtle12

To catch birds you have to befriend them and then catch them.
horses321123

YEAH!!!i am sad i found the rares bird spoted sixam but it will only let me watch
UntotheLord

kikuras wrote:Yeah it's happened to me as well. I found the rarest large bird (Spotted Sixam) and was so excited to befriend it, but all I could do was watch. I thought maybe watching it a few times might unlock the befriend option, but many sim hours later I still could only watch the bird. He ended up disappearing with the sunrise.

I suppose everyone knows by now that you can catch ("befriend") that one as well as all of the others, eventually. Not sure which of my Sim's skills (animal expert?) enabled him, but he found one in the center of town in Monte Vista and took it home... and kept it for a while with an open cage AND a bird tree... just wanted it to have the options, and it used both.

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: