Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Lot is raised so high my Sims can't leave!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
nordicmel

Hi,

I'm playing Town Life in the Bridgeport town. I have placed some of the pre-made houses on some lots I created but because the lots are on slopes the houses are raised really high in the air. I thought I would try moving a family in and see what happens but they can't leave the lot because of the height!

Help! What can I do to level the lot? I tried going into build/buy mode prior to placing the house and I levelled it but as soon as I placed the house it went all funky again.

Any ideas how I could fix this would be so appreciated. Thanks.

piddlesim

Bring up the cheat menu by hitting the Control+shift+C keys on your keyboard.

Type in testingcheatsenabled true

Then type in SetImportedTerrainOffset #

Make sure that there is a space and then a number.

For the number:

*if your terrain is too low add a positive number.
Example: The lot is below the normal hood or ground level. You would use SetImportedTerrainOffset 1
If it is really low, use a 2 instead of a 1.

*If your terrain is too high, add in a negative number.
Example: The terrain is so high that your sim can't walk up it. Then you would use SetImportedTerrainOffset -1
If it still is too high then add in -2 instead of -1.

You might have to bulldoze the lot if it is already in place. Try moving the lot first though. Meaning pick it up with the cheat code already entered. Then drop the lot in the same spot that it was in. If it doesn't work, bulldozing and replacing with the cheat on is the only option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/11 03:30 AM

Starr_inthe_sky

Ya I have the some problem,I used that cheat and it worked for the ground but my sim cant get into her house or pool.Are you sure theirs a cheat to pick up a house.

Post Reply Forum Index » Town Life
Go to: