Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can I uninstall Origin and still play my Pets direct download?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
wish

My game is having a lot of crashing issues and I'm curious if it is Origin that has borked my game. I was wondering if it'd be possible to uninstall Origin and still play my game or if it'd uninstall Pets as well.

Thanks!
Caszidy215

No.
Origin does not have to be running (even though it will tell you it does) for you to play.
Minimize the sims, close origins, play game.
If you still have issues, it has nothing to do with origins. If you don't.. problem solved.
wish

I don't have Origin running while I'm playing Sims. I was wondering if taking out the whole program would have delete Pets as well.

I'll try it though, and post my results. The game should still be in my download history, so if anything I'll just reinstall it.

Edit; It still runs. Thanks, Caszidy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/22/11 05:32 AM

AsamiyaDeneyata

wish wrote:
Edit; It still runs. Thanks, Caszidy.

Is it still lagging for you? Ever since that stupid update by Origins last week, my game has been lagging like hell. I'm wondering if just deleting Origins will take care of it.

LeGardePourpre

Before you run the game, exit the Origin Client (Cog button and quit).

The icon must disappear from the system tray.

And you should disable "Automatically start Origin when I log on to Windows" in the General Settings.

REMEMBER, if you uninstall Origin Client, you can't update automatically your game but you can still update it manually.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 12/28/11 07:40 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: