Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Spiral Staircase, Anyone Else Having Problems?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
blewis823

I haven't read too much about problems here, so I thought I would ask and get a discussion going. I use the spiral staircases a lot in my game and 2 of my favorite community lots have them. I haven't been able to use the lots because the sims can go up but not come down. I have a elevator on each lot, but the sims will not use it when I click to go to a different level.

I have replaced the spiral staircase and moved them to a different area on the lot, still can't use them. Anyone else having a problem?

Simmerville

I think it's a known glitch, but didn't test them myself.

I also think they work if you click on the floor upstairs/downstairs, and not on the stairs.

2014: All my sims stuff in one place!
xOEDragonx

It's been mentioned before somewhere in the forums, and I too have the same problem. I just replaced the spiral staircases with normal staircases and the problem was solved, but I still wish I could have my spiral staircases back >_<
jujee55

I had this problem also after installing pets. I moved the stairs making sure there was a full square empty all the way around the stair on both floors, now my sims can go up and down them.
blewis823

Thanks everyone! I think I found the problem and corrected it. Before pets, you could decorate around the bottom of the stairs, like behind the landing and such, the sims could still use them, but not now. The landings have to be clear. My sims can use them again.

stelpa

blewis823 wrote:I haven't read too much about problems here, so I thought I would ask and get a discussion going. I use the spiral staircases a lot in my game and 2 of my favorite community lots have them. I haven't been able to use the lots because the sims can go up but not come down. I have a elevator on each lot, but the sims will not use it when I click to go to a different level.

I have replaced the spiral staircase and moved them to a different area on the lot, still can't use them. Anyone else having a problem?

Yes, I also have the same problem! Sims won't go down the spiral staircase. Just switched them but still....

My Sim blog.. Check it out and have a lovely day!

www.stelpasnow.blogspot.com
AprilAHundley

I have a beautiful lighthouse I built... took me months to finish. The spiral stairs are the only ones that will fit, there is no way to work around it or give them more space, and of course, that seems to be the only solution. I'm so upset a could cry. This is so frustrating. I should have know better than to patch my stupid game. This is DRIVING me crazy!!!
Evalen

I love the spiral staircase.
I had them in a lot of houses, but after pets, I found out that the half wall that I placed around them on one side did not work. after removing the half wall they were fine.
Found out by accident, my sim visited a family and the man was stuck upstairs and could not get down.
I then went around to all my house and corrected it, by removing the half wall.

JUST READING UP ON THE SIMS 4
sirona66

when pets first released, alot were saying they could not use the sprial staircases. Either sims went up but not down, or down but not up, or even could not do either. I guess they came up with its a glitch with the stairs.

yet on the other hand, I do not have a problem with the spiral staircases. i do get they all want to use it at the same time, which causes a traffic problem. to many wanting to go down at same time. and generally the 1st one is the one at the back of the group, so this seems to be where the problem lies.

well i know that does not help you with your problem. Hopefully it will get a fix, that helps with all the problems.

crinrict

As it seems they changed the number of tiles it uses (from 2x2 to 2x3). Most of the time, turning them a little does the trick.

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/11/bug-spiral-staircases
-dont-work-anymore.html

mlnov39

I delete the stair & replace it and it works again.

basiedog

I am building a super large home that has a ton of spiral stairs in it. I was having the same problems with the spiral stairs as you all. I tried the suggestions like, installing the stairs before putting in the walls or deleting the stairs and then reinstalling them and also turning the stairs a little bit. None of these things worked for me, however I did some expierimenting and figured out that there cannot be a wall next to the back left side tile of the stairs. This is oriented to the stairs' arrows pointing away form you at the time you install them. Please note figures 1 through 4.

fig.1

fig.2

fig.3

fig.4

I hope this info will save you some time.

Additional info: On rereading my post, I realized that I did not try turning the stairs slightly, so I went back to see if that worked. Eureka! If you turn the stairs at a 45 degree angle, then you can enclose them in a square consisting of only 4 tiles. To install a door, you will have to use the "move objects" cheat.

fig.5

Thanks, basiedog

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 01/18/12 11:38 PM

larnee0114

I have the same problem. My Sims can go up but can not come down! I've tried almost everything and still does not work. I have tried turning the spiral staircases different ways even diagonal ways, replaced and moved them away from the wall and still does not do anything. Nothing is blocking them either. I wonder why this happens?
basiedog

Where did my pictures go? In any case, this solution does not seem to work anymore. What appears to be the only solution now is to not have ANY walls around the stairs.
Kobalt911

I am having a problem placing them.
I can place the plain old boring staircase. But when I want to place the spiral one, it tells me that my ceiling is too low (wth, same height as first floor..)

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: