Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
how to build the barn  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Mizznugg

can some one make a tutorial on how to build it, no matter what i do i cant place any of the barn pieces on the wall
pretty please
it would be much appricahted
thank you!
Mizznugg

bump
Rawrnessa

Both the barn doors that you can buy can only fit on two-story buildings. Just build another story on top of the room and the barn door can fit(the wall has to be wide enough to fit the barn door, and the door is pretty large.)
Rawrnessa

Both the barn doors that you can buy can only fit on two-story buildings. Just build another story on top of the room and the barn door can fit(the wall has to be wide enough to fit the barn door, and the door is pretty large.)
Glimmer50

I had issues with putting the barn doors on a building I wanted to be a barn. It finally dawned on me that I have to allow 3 squares inside the building so the door can swing free. Also, my building had to be 2 levels high.

I used the horse stalls that you can buy under pets but they had to be 3 squares from the door for it to work. Not sure if this will help you.

catloverplayer

There is some already made barns in buymode either in outdoor or decor. You may also find them in the pets folder.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
DarkAmaranth1966

Catt those are decorative objects in edit world mode, not barns for residential lots.

Both barn doors are two story and 3 tiles deep, one is two tiles wide, the other needs 10 tiles wide because of the slider rail at the top.

catloverplayer

DarkAmaranth1966 wrote:Catt those are decorative objects in edit world mode, not barns for residential lots.

Both barn doors are two story and 3 tiles deep, one is two tiles wide, the other needs 10 tiles wide because of the slider rail at the top.

Yes I know I just found out when I was in the game while ago. The ones I saw were just barn arches. Very disappointing.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
lindsey1988

I did my barn like this
eobaby56

I had soooo much trouble on trying to figure out how to make a barn roof but now I know how and its so simple. Heres what you do.

Build your two to four storie building and then go to the roofing section. Turn off auto roof. Cover the full roof with the "Mansard roof" then when its covered there should be a flat square of flooring on top of the roof. Cover that floored top with the hipped roof and wallah!
Kulthero777

Hiya,

ZooProfessor has a nice tutorial for building a farm and barn.

Zoo U

Jitamio

I don't know if this helps much but I designed a barn (horse ranch) like this:

The middle part, above the door, is two-floor but the outer sides are just one-floor.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/540983.
page
Please support! English box stall to the store!
LeprechaunMom

I was having the same problem with the barn doors. I figured out you have to make sure to delete any foundations where the door is to be. Then you can apply a foundation ans flooring AFTER you have placed the door. Hope this helps!
migss603

Are there all ready houses with barns?

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: