Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Cannot catch large birds?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
JessieSim

I'm having a difficult time getting my sim to catch parrots and other larger birds. Can catch smaller birds (falcon, etc) just fine, but when I find a large bird, the option to "befriend bird" does not come up. I can only watch them. Is there a trick to it? Thanks!
TomatoJ

I've had that problem too, but I think maybe it's a location issue than animal issue. There are some random locations that I have that I can't befriend anything. They aren't lots so I can't say "At Park Blah by the tree."
Latone100

I had a similar problem, but i was having trouble with SMALL birds, so I think TomatoJ may have the right of it and it is a location issue. I am also having lizards that it will give me the alert i caught them, but they aren't in my sim's inventory at all.
CuddlyBun

TomatoJ wrote:I've had that problem too, but I think maybe it's a location issue than animal issue. There are some random locations that I have that I can't befriend anything. They aren't lots so I can't say "At Park Blah by the tree."

That actually makes sense, at least to me. My sim was able to catch a Nuthatch, but not another one when I found it.

I threw a picture together in paint.

I was smacking myself trying to figure out why she couldn't pick that bird up.

burnoutPERTH

It is definitely a location issue. I have concluded that birds of any size that are on a lot can not be befriended by sims. For example there is a spawner on the Cinnamon Crest falls lot in Appaloosa Plains that spawns Falcons and Spotted Sixams where the only option my sim has is to "Watch", however there is another Falcon and Spotted Sixam spawner that is behind the Appaloosa County Water Treatment lot (but not actually on it) where my sim also has the "Befriend" interaction.
lynx2282

I have found that for some reason the game decided to put large bird spawners on my sims' home lot and they were able to befriend but at a park next dorr that I created to have spawners for all the minor animals, the large birds can not be friended.... and large birds are the only ones I'm having issues with.

I think this needs more research. I'm going to create a small house on a big lot with bird spawners completely on the lot as well as on the edge so it spills over to being technically on no lot. I'm also going to play with the community lot types, perhaps birds aren't catchable on "fishing spots" but are on a different type... I'll post my findings for analyses...

Carl of http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com said something about a hidden hunting skill for sims and that sometimes the birds will despawn and a new one will take it's place that is befriendable... I have not found this to be the case however...

EDIT: burnoutPERTH is correct... After some testing with spawners I have found that birds on a lot seem to be unfriendable unless it is your sims' home lot. (the home lot theory based on the fact that in another save I had a sim able to befriend 2 crows that spawned on her home lot).

I moved a sim onto an empty lot. I placed bird spawners, 2 of each kind, 1 completely on the lot, the other of the same kind on the very edge of the lot. Then I moved the sime to the lot next door. 2 Catalina Macaws spawned at the same time, One was on the lot, the other off... The one on the lot could only be watched while my sim was able to befriend and take home with her the one that spawned off the lot. So there you go, to me that says birds on a lot will not have the "Befriend" option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/06/11 07:42 AM

ElizabethMorin

I havent found any birds in my game at all besides one Falcon at the water fall. When I click on it the only option is "watch". Weird, right?

My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LizzSimmer
AldermanTom

So far, I have been able to collect 4 large birds, all of them were NOT on my home lot. I have also had a couple of times where I tried to collect them but failed, again, not on my home lot. One of my fails I was able to collect later on the very same lot.

This particular SIM has always had a bird, the first were small ones that his Cat caught. He only had one time when he only had the watch option, and that was on a bluebird.

So, I don't know if "birding experience" plays a role in how you can interact with birds.
grobnic356

I created a 10x10 lot to be placed away from other lots as a temperary fix for this game glitch,hopefuly they will fix this problem soon in a patch.. But until then, heres my lot to fix it
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5079021

My Studio :
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedA
sstType=all&persona=grobnic356
Pepperbutt

CuddlyBun wrote:
TomatoJ wrote:I've had that problem too, but I think maybe it's a location issue than animal issue. There are some random locations that I have that I can't befriend anything. They aren't lots so I can't say "At Park Blah by the tree."

That actually makes sense, at least to me. My sim was able to catch a Nuthatch, but not another one when I found it.

I threw a picture together in paint.

I was smacking myself trying to figure out why she couldn't pick that bird up.

Actually, I had this problem. I can befriend if they're on a lot, but that looks to me, though I may easily be wrong, the fishing spot where Unicorns like to spawn. I was there yesterday and was about to rip my hair out a to why I couldn't befriend a spotted something.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
EternitysShadow

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's just the spawn. I read somewhere when I couldn't catch a falcon that some spawners don't allow you to catch them. And that after a few days they'd respawn with a different one you could catch.

At least that happened for me. I wasn't able to catch this falcon, and then a few days later I went back and caught one.

new signature under construction
grammydebbie611

How do I place a bird spawner?
xXPartyWormXx

burnoutPERTH wrote:It is definitely a location issue. I have concluded that birds of any size that are on a lot can not be befriended by sims. For example there is a spawner on the Cinnamon Crest falls lot in Appaloosa Plains that spawns Falcons and Spotted Sixams where the only option my sim has is to "Watch", however there is another Falcon and Spotted Sixam spawner that is behind the Appaloosa County Water Treatment lot (but not actually on it) where my sim also has the "Befriend" interaction.

Is it right near the water tower perhaps?
xXPartyWormXx

How do i find large birds? preferably rare ones. and is there a way to place a bird spawner?

xXPartyWormXx

where can i find an crow, owl and sixam?

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: