Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 keeps shutting down (NOT launcher issue) - another update!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
LukeysEmmy

Hey all. I have the launcher problem currently, but my main issue is unrelated. In the last few days, my game has started to randomly shut down. I have to save every five minutes as I don't know when it'll happen. I have no warning of when it is about to shut down as there's no loss of performance beforehand. This has never ever happened before installing Pets. I am playing a small save file with just one Sim and one pet in the household. The pop-up just says 'The Sims 3 has stopped working' and I am forced to quit. Help?

Update (28 Oct): The crashing is occuring now in Map View only. I'll go into it, try to edge-scroll and it'll die on me. This is really frustrating as I need Map View to search for unicorns. Anyone having this problem too? Or does anyone know how to solve it?

Update 2 (29 Oct): I now cannot play my game for even 10 seconds without crashing. Doing the DEP thing made the problem worse!! How do I reverse the process?? Please reply, I need urgent help

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/29/11 12:01 PM

LukeysEmmy

Bump!

Writin_Reg

6 things I know that causes this with pets - third party CC not updated for Pets - MODS not updated for Pets - Store Content in your game that was not replaced with the updated for Pets store content (I had it happen in some houses I built last Christmas with the holiday content . I had to remove it all from the houses and my game and then go to my purchase history and spend 4 hours redownloading all the store content. This is the first time we had to do this with store content, but it always needed to be done with third party content with every update and ep.

Other things that cause this is running out of memory, running out of harddrive space - overheating and a faulty or dying power supply unit or memory modules.

Also if you have Vista or Windows 7 and 4 gigs of ram or more it may help if you read the info on applying DEP to your game and doing so, as some people has been helped from crashing just by following those instructions. I have never had the problems so I do not even know where to link you to, but perhaps someone else knows or a search may help.

LukeysEmmy

Writin_Reg wrote:6 things I know that causes this with pets - third party CC not updated for Pets - MODS not updated for Pets - Store Content in your game that was not replaced with the updated for Pets store content (I had it happen in some houses I built last Christmas with the holiday content . I had to remove it all from the houses and my game and then go to my purchase history and spend 4 hours redownloading all the store content. This is the first time we had to do this with store content, but it always needed to be done with third party content with every update and ep.

Other things that cause this is running out of memory, running out of harddrive space - overheating and a faulty or dying power supply unit or memory modules.

Also if you have Vista or Windows 7 and 4 gigs of ram or more it may help if you read the info on applying DEP to your game and doing so, as some people has been helped from crashing just by following those instructions. I have never had the problems so I do not even know where to link you to, but perhaps someone else knows or a search may help.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply!! I don't have any Store content in the save that is crashing but I'll uninstall all of it tomorrow anyway and re-install. I do have third party CC though. However, it's only hair and I removed it before installing Pets and then put it back in. Could this stil be an issue? I was told that CAS stuff shouldn't be.
The only issue with my computer itself may be overheating. I believe it's gotten quite hot today so I'll turn it off for the night soon and see how the game runs in the morning. Oh, and I'll try doing the DEP thing, too.
Thanks again!

LukeysEmmy

Bump - see update

kalas72

I have the same thing with crashing in map view. If i stay on my lot i can play for hours but soon as i go into map view i crash.

I have tried with my CC and without. I have tried DEP, still crashes. I have never had to set DEP for the 2.5 years i have had this game.

The only thing that seems to be a quick fix to allow me going into map view is using master controller by twallan and doing the reset everything. That seems to help for awhile so i can do more collecting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/11 09:24 PM

LukeysEmmy

kalas72 wrote:I have the same thing with crashing in map view. If i stay on my lot i can play for hours but soon as i go into map view i crash.

I have tried with my CC and without. I have tried DEP, still crashes. I have never had to set DEP for the 2.5 years i have had this game.

The only thing that seems to be a quick fix to allow me going into map view is using master controller by twallan and doing the reset everything. That seems to help for awhile so i can do more collecting.

Thanks for the tip about MC, I'll try that! I can also play for hours on my home lot, but Map View just kills my game. It's worse when my computer is hot, today it has been on ALL DAY as my sister left it on by mistake. If I wake up, turn on my comp for the first time and play, I can sometimes go into Map View several times.

AJS192769

I'm having the same problem. This is the second time I've deleted my saved game and started over. I can play for about fifteen sim days before mine starts to crash. No warning, just a flicker and straight to desktop. Very frustrating since I have very little on my computer and I try so hard to keep it Sim-ready! Let me know if anything helps you.

King4510411

Mine is now doing the same thing. It was fine yesterday and now today I can't even play it. It crashes before the town even loads. I have only 1 mod and I have updated it for the Pets game. I've not downloaded any new CC and I had already uninstalled and reinstalled all of my store content. Not sure why it's deciding to crash today when yesterday it ran perfectly.

King4510411

Just went into msconfig on my computer and stopped some of the things that were running that I didn't need to run and my game loaded fine this time. If your game is still crashing try that and see what is running on your comp in the background and uncheck them to keep them from running.

LukeysEmmy

King4510411 wrote:Just went into msconfig on my computer and stopped some of the things that were running that I didn't need to run and my game loaded fine this time. If your game is still crashing try that and see what is running on your comp in the background and uncheck them to keep them from running.

Thank you for the tip, I'll try that out.

LukeysEmmy

I've now tried everything, and the problem is getting worse, as it says in my update. I am so annoyed with it all, this is my only day I can play my game for the next few weeks and it won't work.

LukeysEmmy

Bump. I have crash error logs, will post details if anyone is able to analyse them...

LukeysEmmy

Bump again.

sgirls333

I used to get this ALL the time. If you are using a laptop, buy a laptop cooler to put it on. It cools down the laptop and my game stopped crashing instantly! Hope that helps

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: