Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Tables and chairs..  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
averymakayla12

Ok, so I was playing my game the other day when I kinda hoovered over my dining room and noticed that my chairs were missing; but it turned out they weren't missing but we're instead somehow inside of my table. Has this happened to anyone else? If it has happened to you, do you know of any way to fix it?

P.S I just got the new update..
I don't have Pets, or Generations..

I was unaware of this until about two minutes ago, but I also cannot not place anything on my tables either.

Very annoying. -.-

Does anyone know if EA intends on fixing the problem, or will I need to attempt to delete the patch?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 11/05/11 06:29 PM

gevurah1896

I'm having the same issue(s). Any chair that snaps to tables, counters, desks, etc are snapping inside said surfaces. I have not tried chess sets, but I assume the issue will repeat there as well. In addition, decor objects cannot be placed on those surfaces (this excludes surfaces which cannot have a chair snap to it, like end tables, coffee tables, etc.)

This began after installing the patch just before Pets. I now have Pets installed, but the issue remains.

henglon

After patching to latest patch (without Pets), all custom surfaces seems to have problems. CC Items like counters and tables render all items put on them on the floor; ie: putting a bottle on a CC table, and the bottle appears on the floor. Same with counters where the sink now appears on the floor.

CC tables also have problems with chairs. Putting a chair next to a CC table, and the chair will now snap to the center of the table (intersecting it). Furthermore, the chairs will remain in the center position even when a Sim tries to sit on the chair; ie: the Sim will animate pulling out the chair, but the chair remains in the center and the sim ends up sitting on air.

SujiChan

I have Generations, but not Pets. I hadn't played in a while, and decided today I wanted to. I was fixing up a house for a new family, and lo and behold, all chairs snap beneath desks and tables! It does not seem to be happening with chess tables, though. But it only seems to be doing so with custom content tables.
kitendama

I'm glad I'm not alone!

My game was working perfectly fine before I installed Pets and the latest patch. The ff. are the problems that suddenly popped in my game:

1. Sims can't sit properly on chairs placed infront of chess tables(unless they play chess) and in the middle of desks.

2. Dining chairs snap in the middle of long dining tables and centered desks.

3. Can't put anything on top of low dressers.

4. Sims sink in the bed when they sleep.

5. Sims from top floors sink into the floor to the lower levels.

6. My navigation wheel(the one on the left side of our menu) pans the screen really,really slow. I noticed this in Edit Town mode.

I just made a fresh install and still these same problems persist. So I know this is a patch issue, definitely. Not to mention, I have a brand new NVIDIA graphics card and about 3gb of RAM.

I hope EA gets this fixed in the next patch because this is terribly annoying.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/01/11 03:57 PM

porkypine

My sims sit on air behind the chair and reach over it to eat their dinner.. holding one arm out in the air trying to hold onto the table.... However, this only happens on some furniture. Yes, I have the latest patch..... from last week?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/01/11 09:14 PM

Yahtzami

This is an issue with CC Furniture. EA isn't going to fix custom content with a patch. It is up to the CC Creators to update their content. You are in luck tho, TSR has released a fix that you can use. I opted to just uninstall all my CC except clothing, hair and clutter items. I mostly use EA's furnishings anyway. You need to either go to TSR and get the fix for it, or uninstall any CC with place slots for objects or sims (including beds, chairs, tables, sofas, cars, dressers, counters, etc).

ryantap1

Plz help it is really annoying me about this table issue.
aaadddixonxon

Does anyone know the name of the TSR fix to this problem??
DWFan98

Location:The Land of TeddyBears and Gumdrop Thingys!!!!!! XD

kitendama wrote:
3. Can't put anything on top of low dressers.

4. Sims sink in the bed when they sleep.

5. Sims from top floors sink into the floor to the lower levels.

These 3 happened to me. I had to pull down the house and rebuild it again.

Pandora73

I am having the same issue but with items purchased from the Sims store. It happens with kitchen counters as well, when I place an item on top it goes inside and on the ground. Is there any fix for this problem???

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: