Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How do you feel about hourly pay?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Sweettooth

I was just wondering how everyone felt about the fact that sims now get paid hourly? I was excited about it at first but then I noticed that sims seem to only work about 5 hours a day and not a whole work week so they make money very slowly now. I would like to see some of them move up and get the big nice homes one day but that looks next to impossible without cheats. Am I missing something?
SimsARL

Location: With my bunny, while she tries to dig a hole in my pants.

Sweettooth wrote:I was just wondering how everyone felt about the fact that sims now get paid hourly? I was excited about it at first but then I noticed that sims seem to only work about 5 hours a day and not a whole work week so they make money very slowly now. I would like to see some of them move up and get the big nice homes one day but that looks next to impossible without cheats. Am I missing something?

I enjoy it.
Especially if your sim is high in a Career.
You get payed lots by the Hour.

Haids5987

SimsARL wrote:
I enjoy it.
Especially if your sim is high in a Career.
You get payed lots by the Hour.

Me too. My Sim is making like $260 an hour and I love it.

MinouChan

As you advance the career ladder, pay gets better and you have oppertunities to make permanent raises. One of my sims got a 400 dollar raise out of the blue! Now she makes 1000+ an hour. Personally, I don't want the pay system to change. I like it the way it is.

In need of more money? Make your sims writers and gain some epic royalties when they become best sellers.

"Under the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me" 1984
StephenTM

It's not impossible to obtain a mansion. I did it within the first generation without cheats.
Coffefreak4Life

alot actually my sims have over 1Mil Simoleons without cheating . as far as hourly pay i like it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/09 05:52 AM

Rakeesh

It's deceptive at the lower levels of a career. But when you get higher up, you're making over a thousand dollars a workday.

On top of this, you can net yourself raises by increasing your performance or by completing challenges.

Play it a little more, experiment with the different careers.

And don't forget about the alternative means of making some dollar such as collecting, playing guitar for tips, etc.
MJ902008

well keep working and they will make a lot. one of my sims makes over $1000 dollars and hour and works about 7 hours. and you can also buy out properties and make money easily that way. every monday my other family gets about $50,000 from collecting money. i think the hourly thing is more realistic. although i didn't object to my sim on the sims 2 making $6,000 a day

kittysbecute

I like how they get hourly paid, and how they can leave work early if they need to and they get paid for the hours that they were there.
JennB_75

The number of hours they work varies by job and career. I've had some that work like 8 hours and some that are only gone for 5.

But like everyone said, the higher up you get in the tier the more money you make. As well, you can get pay raises that boost you up permanently. So if you don't mind taking a couple days to get through a job level, it'll be worth it for the raise.

~ Jenn
Coffefreak4Life

then you also have royalties from books as well as selling paintings,playing for tips , selling fish and crops as well as money trees and deeds so there are tons of ways to make cash

iFidget

It would be cool if we had a "work overtime" drop down option.

Tiari

I like hourly pay, I can make them leave work early whenever I like

Currently blogging about: The SILVERMOON Legacy | Tiari Sims 3 Studio
Toppenzap

Are there any limits on the number of raises you can get once you reach level 10?

MJ902008

iFidget wrote:It would be cool if we had a "work overtime" drop down option.

i thought that before the game was released it was said this was an option, but i guess it was removed

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: