Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Do you use "Refine Writing Skill"?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
arielrae

I am curious as to why sims would use Refine Writing Skill when sitting at a computer rather than work on a book. Does the writing skill increase at a faster rate if you use Refine Writing?

I just don't see why sims would choose to refine writing if they can increase writing skill while also earning money by submitting chapters... and of course finish a book and receive royalties.

Is there some other benefit I'm unaware of?

enjoi69

I didn't think when my sim was writing her book she was also gaining skill. Idk, maybe she was & I wasnt noticing.

arielrae

enjoi69 wrote:I didn't think when my sim was writing her book she was also gaining skill. Idk, maybe she was & I wasnt noticing.

My sim definitely gains writing skill by writing books. She's at a level 5 and I've never used the 'refine writing' option... I think she's written 4 books at this point.

FlamingoKicker1

Refining the skill simply enhances snd increases the amount they'll get when they finish writing the book.

I use it.

I think it might also unlock other types of stories they can write. Not sure.

It might also be a faster way of improving your skill than just trial and error writing but of course actual writing does improve their skill.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/27/09 01:19 AM

Wilderwolf

I use it because when writing a book, you need to wait until the book is completely finished before the writing skill bar progresses. When you use the refine writing skill action, the writing progression bar goes up without you having to wait until the book is done.

arielrae

Ooohhh, I didn't realize that the skill only goes up once the book is finished.

Sakerrrr

Wilderwolf wrote:I use it because when writing a book, you need to wait until the book is completely finished before the writing skill bar progresses. When you use the refine writing skill action, the writing progression bar goes up without you having to wait until the book is done.

wrong ,if you stop writing you ll get the xp from it even if it s not completed
Wilderwolf

I've never gotten it once I quit writing, I always got it when I was done with the book.

EmilyBee

Never heard of it...

TheKingTrollie

they skill while writing. the types of books are what unlocks other gendres along with the skill level
Write 3 each of humor,sci fi, drama, mystery, romance to have everything unlocked
Romance and masterpiece unlock at skill level ten

Tenshi3

I figured pulp novels still earn money, so write those instead of practising

danivixen

I've never heard of it either. Wish I knew where this was coming from, or what it is.

Updates coming soon.
-----------------------
♡ System: i7 3770k, 16GB 1866 Dominator Platinum, GTX 690, Maximus V Formula, 120GB SSD, 1TB HD.
tams2578

The Prima guide says that you have to write 3 sci-fi novels to get the Fantasy genre unlocked, 3 humor novels to get the Satire genre unlocked, 3 biographies to get the Autobiography genre unlocked, and 3 drama, sci-fi, humor, mystery and romance to get the Vaudeville genre unlocked.

When you Refine Writing Skill (at least this is how it's worked for me)you unlock different levels of books you can write and publish.

Level 0 - Fiction, Non-Fiction
Level 1 - Science Fiction
Level 2 - Trashy Novel
Level 3 - Drama, Childrens Book
Level 4 - no change
Level 5 - Humor
Level 6 - Historical
Level 7 - no change
Level 8 - Mystery
Level 9 - no change
Level 10 - Romance, Masterpiece

Your traits also boost the profitability of the genre.

Trashy Novel - Flirty
Drama - Commitment Issues
Sci-Fi - Computer Whiz, Genius
Humor - Good Sense of Humor, Inappropriate, Mean-Spirited
Satire - Grumpy, Hot-Headed, Over-Emotional
Mystery - Genius
Romance - Hopeless Romantic
Historical - Perfectionist
Children's Book - Artistic, Childish, Family-Oriented
Vaudeville - Bookworm
Autobiography - Charismatic, Unlucky, Daredevil, Insane, Kleptomaniac

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: