Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
House on high land problem  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
lilsage15

Alright so I got on my sims 3 game a noticed my house was some how raised and now it is not level at all with the road or anything. I have screen pics on my profile but what can I do? Please Help!!!
calmorezoo

theres a cheat that will realine built on lots so ther level at least at road edge its SetImportedTerrainOffset

rember to fist type in testingcheatsenabled True then click and re open cheat box.

Good luck

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/11 10:54 AM

lilsage15

do ya have any other ideas? and did you see any of my pics?
Figwit

Perhaps you have the lot elevation bug. Here's a solution thanks to Richdre at Bear Mountain Creations.

SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)

(value) Is a positive or negative number depending on whether the lot created a hole or a mountain.

After you place the lot check it before you press the accept button. If it is not level then press the cancel button and try it again. Positive numbers raise the lot and negative numbers lower the lot. You can use a decimal point to fine tune the elevation. If -2 lowers it too much try -1.5. Just keep typing the cheat before you place the lot, changing the numbers until you get it where you want it. It may take several tries but it's possible to get it level with the surrounding terrain using this cheat.

When you are done placing that lot if you plan to place more lots you need to enter the cheat and set the value back to zero.

Do you like stories? Check out mine The Angels 2
mehof56

Interesting topic that has me asking questions about a house that I've built and am hoping to upload to the exchange. I suppose this is something that the downloading player has to do on their end.

I've built a house with a garage in the basement and painstakingly spent hours creating a smoothly sloping driveway. I'm not happy with the terrain tools because they are so touchy making it very hard to create a nice even slope, in TS2 you could clink the raise/lower terrain one space at a time to get the exact effect desired.

Will this "setImportedTerrainOffset" cheat help to preserve the driveway that slopes down to the garage door?

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: