Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Lost Sims 3 disc, but still have code  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
jackkiiie

I lost my sims 3 disc, but still have the registration code and the game is installed on my computer.

I heard you could get a digital version via origin, so I signed up to that and my sims 3 game is in the My Games tab, but I can't find a download digital version option!

Please help, I'm new to this origin, so step by step instructions would be great
jackkiiie

pleeaaaseeeeee
Nichaedemus

Hi,

If you have a PC, you can alternatively use your disc serial code to redeem a digital download version of the game from the EA Store at no cost to you. This is made possible through the Origin download manager client. After you have registered the game on the Sims3.com website, the product will automatically be redeemed in Origin. The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download

Before installing the digital download game, you will need to uninstall the disc version of that game first if currently installed. For any problems with code redemption you may contact Support via the following page:

https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/25/12 01:07 AM

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
parcsrkcr

Thank you so much Nichaedemus! I lost my sims 3 disc during a move (still had the codes as the manuals were put elsewhere so they would not be lost should I want to uninstall then reinstall) and thought I wouldn't be able to play any more without having to buy a new disc. Redeeming the codes through that link worked perfectly! Thank you again!
icekates2

hey can someone help me?
i have the same problem to but with the sims 3 pets.
i've done the same thing, but when i enter the serial number, it says that the code is already in use!
will i have to uninstall my game and then enter the serial number?
pleaaaase reply, its urgent!

-thanks.
icekates2

actually its okay i've got it sorted out now
allyspalding

I lost my sims 3 disc too! and when i enter the code it say The product code entered is already used. what do i DO????? help please
CHEESEYLOVE

It says the same for me...I've uninstantiated that expansion pack but it still wont let me register it as it says its already registered. And I can't find anywhere to download the game from again using the code.
Please help!
arcabunny

Hi, I don't know if I'm just being dim, but I've already registered my Sims 3 Pets game, which I've now lost the disk for. When I click the first link given by Nichaedemus and put my game code in I get redirected to The Sims 3 game registration site, which tells me the code I have is already in use...

I can't find anything about downloading registered games on Origin, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be so grateful.

Thanks
Nichaedemus

The code redemption system has been changed - players no longer need to go to activate.ea.com to redeem their serial codes into Origin. Once you have registered your game(s) on the Sims3.com website, the product(s) will automatically be made available to you in Origin. When logging into the Origin download manager, you will need to use your Sims3.com login credentials. From the My Games tab, the digital download game(s) can then be downloaded and installed.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
yayjane

I downloaded the ORIGIN.
When I looked under my games, a lot of the games I have were NOT listed.
I have the following:

Sims 3
sims 3 pets
sims 3 late night
sims 3 world adventures
sims 3 gnerations
sims 3 ambitions
sims 3 high end loft stuff

Currently, i only have the following 3 under my games of origin
sims 3 pets
sims 3 high end loft stuff
sims 3 world adventures

I have the disc and code to all of the games listed above, except for sims 3 generations.... can't find it now that i've moved.
I do have the box and the code....
where can i go to download the game if it's not listed under origins?
ewilson1114

You have to register them on this website for them to show up on Origin.

deafsweetheart33

I'm going to thank you a thousand times over, Nichaedemus. My Sims 3 disc would not read on my computer, causing great frustration, so I tried it on another computer. We discovered that all data was magically wiped from the disc when I almost never used it. I still fortunately had the product key and have been trying to figure out how to download it on here so I will not face the disc hassle ever again. Thanks to you, Nichaedemus, I am able to download all four Sims 3 games I have (base plus three expansions I own) instead of having to repurchase them
hersheyrocks125

But what if we have a Mac? The Origin downloads don't work on Mac. Is there another way?
ewilson1114

hersheyrocks125 wrote:But what if we have a Mac? The Origin downloads don't work on Mac. Is there another way?

Not that I know of.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: