Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How does a sim complete the Gold-digger lifetime wish?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
BooHoo2U2BooBoo

I've posted about this before, and I've done a search, but so far, what I've read hasn't helped me. I guess I need somebody to hold my hand and walk me through step by step.

How does a sim complete the gold-digger lifetime wish?

My sim, Joel, married DeLuca, a rich sim. Shortly thereafter, DeLuca met a tragic fate. Never mind how it happened, but Joel buried her in the back yard. Later that night, her ghost arose from the tombstone. Joel saw the ghost, talked with her, and nothing happened.

Somebody in the forum said DeLuca had to become a "playable ghost", but Joel had not received a phone call from the lab. So, I more or less gave up. I put DeLuca's tombstone in the cemetery. Joel is already "insane", so from time to time I would let him visit DeLuca.

Well, last night when I was playing Joel's lot, he finally got a call from the science lab. I accepted the opportunity, sent Joel to the cemetery, and I put DeLuca's tombstone back in his inventory. Off he went to the science lab. Needless to say, he came out a short time later with a "playable ghost".

That, in itself, didn't fulfill his lifetime wish. DeLuca's ghost (as others have reported) is now shown as Joel's "fiancee" rather than his wife. Nothing shows that she is or ever was "rich".

When I play, I tend toward what I call "soap opera realism" -- maybe it's exaggerated, but it's basically a simulation of "real life". In other words, I don't want any playable ghosts in my game. When I realized this was not going to help me fulfill Joel's lifetime wish, I looked in DeLuca's inventory, found her tombstone and clicked on it. The option to "return to the Netherworld" appeared, so I clicked that. The message said that her inventory would be transferred to Joel.

But, when I checked Joel's inventory after DeLuca disappeared, her tombstone is not there. Now, not only is his lifetime wish still unfulfilled, but I've completely lost DeLuca and her tombstone. (I didn't check Joel's family inventory. Could it be there?)

I'm willing to accept that DeLuca died in vain, but I don't want to go through this again in the future. Can someone please tell me step by step, how this lifetime wish can be fulfilled?

My sims and I (especially the greedy, money-hungry sims) will be very grateful for any info you can give.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/09 10:11 AM

BooHoo2U2BooBoo

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

bethekins

I've never had this LTW so I cant help, but here is a free bump.

It could be a glitch in the game maybe?

Chase_Paynce

BooHoo2U2BooBoo wrote:Is there anyone who can help me with this?

You have to be married for about 3 days, then you must see them die and see the grim reaper turn them into a ghost.

Add a zombie to your game by downloading my avatar!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=54
SaykoSay

But, when I checked Joel's inventory after DeLuca disappeared, her tombstone is not there. Now, not only is his lifetime wish still unfulfilled, but I've completely lost DeLuca and her tombstone. (I didn't check Joel's family inventory. Could it be there?)

it will be on the ground whereever she was when she return to the Netherworld. you should use hand tool to drop it to Joel's inventory. it looks like a box.

PS: i did it once and i was on a community lot. it may change on a residental lot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/27/09 11:04 AM

BooHoo2U2BooBoo

SaykoSay wrote:

it will be on the ground whereever she was when she return to the Netherworld. you should use hand tool to drag and drop to Joel's inventory. it looks like a box.

PS: i did it once and i was on a community lot. it may change on a residental lot.

It was at the cemetery, and I've been searching ... but maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing. I was looking for an actual tombstone. I don't recall seeing any box there, but I will definitely go back and look again. Thanks.

MrsFitzwater

I am having the same problem... My sim is a gold digger and I had her marry a rich sim. I used the testingcheatsenabled true and made his hunger level go down he straved to death. My sim wittnessed his death and the whole grim reaper thing and saw his ghost; which btw he always comes out at the same time and she is always awake when he is there... But It only says he is a Fiance... Now I made another sim and made him rich and they got married and I kept him alive A LOT longer, that he even completed his lifetime wish of being an international super spy, plus they even had a baby girl together... Well I did the same thing to him that I did to her first husband and she saw his death too and the grim reaper BUT STILL her lifetime wish of being a gold digger was not fullfilled!? What is the matter!? It is really frustrating!
Nyteglori

just a guess here but are you moving them in before marriage? for the marry a rich sim to register I think you actually have to marry them before they join your household, not move in first.
MrsFitzwater

Yea I had them propose marriage to her and her to the recent husband ( Husband #3) and they had a baby together and all that good stuff and I killed him off too just now and it STILL did not complete her lifetime wish of a gold-digger, even though she saw the death and the grim reaper!! Maybe it will when the ghost visits her, but if it doesn't and it considers him just a finace then I am going to just change her lifetime wish to something else cause I am getting tired of making sims kick the buckett to try to make this girl happy! I am getting a nice collection of graves in the back yard hahaha I have one more Idea for husband Number 4 after that something must be glitching big time in the game or something! Maybe I am just stupid... I don't know...
genuck

has anyone tried having the rich spouse die of old age? i have a sim with the gold digger ltw now i'm gonna have to try it out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/09 09:28 PM

MrsFitzwater

genuck wrote:has anyone tried having the rich spouse die of old age? i have a sim with the gold digger ltw now i'm gonna have to try it out.

That is what I am going to try to do for my sims forth husband, if seeing her thrid husbands ghost says he is only a fiance again like her last two... BUT I am hoping it will complete it with her third one first but who knows... and Like I said In my previous posts if none of this works I am changing her ltw after I get enough lt points.
MysteryinRiverview

My Sim waited for her first husband to die of old age and that didn't fulfill the wish. She drowned the second husband and the wish still remained unfulfilled. Both were rich; the first was Geoffrey Landgraab and the second was Thronton Wolff. She has seen both ghosts on more than one occasion, and she has even noted that they were ghosts through an autonomous action. One interesting factor in both deaths was that the relationship status reverted to "fiance" rather than remaining "husband."

EDIT: She also saw both deaths occur. She was married to Geoffrey for quite some time and to Thronton for about four days.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/06/09 04:11 AM

Jenbear

I had the same problem. My Sim didn't have that LTW, but I was trying to build a family tree for the Cinderella challenge by marrying in Lady Tremaine so Cinderella would show up as "Step-Daughter," but after the father was dead it showed him as "Fiance" and not "Husband," so Cinderella shows no relation at all on the Family Tree.

If anyone finds a fix for this that'd be great!
MysteryinRiverview

Jenbear wrote:I had the same problem. My Sim didn't have that LTW, but I was trying to build a family tree for the Cinderella challenge by marrying in Lady Tremaine so Cinderella would show up as "Step-Daughter," but after the father was dead it showed him as "Fiance" and not "Husband," so Cinderella shows no relation at all on the Family Tree.

If anyone finds a fix for this that'd be great!

Well, it is either a glitch or a method used to ensure that Sims can remarry. Your best bet would be to make him a playable ghost through the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity and have Lady Tremaine marry him again. I've never tried this myself, so I can only assume she can marry him in theory.

The relationship status change is a really annoying feature, or possibly glitch. I wonder if the gold digger lifetime wish can only be completed using the above method. It negates the concept of the wish, though.
JennaDunn

Well, reading the wish, it says the spouse should be buried in backyard. Also it say something about enjoying the money alone. Do you have kids? That would not be alone. Maybe those two factors will help.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: