Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Unable to connect to Origin" + ANOTHER ISSUE !  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
nicolebrittanyy

My launcher hasn't been able to connect for months. MONTHS. My launcher doesn't recognize that there's a new patch available. I tried downloading the manual patch but it didn't work.

Why isn't my launcher connecting to Origin? I have Avast antivirus, and I tried disabling that but it didn't work. I thought that maybe it blocked Origin from accessing the internet, but apparently not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/15/11 03:50 AM

Mike_Banna

I get that message everytime I open my launcher too, because I delete origin after I install any games with it and manually install my updates.
Maybe uninstall origin then download it again?
I also have a subscription to avast and I can't remember it ever blocking origin, so that's probably not it.

And what happened with the manual patch that didn't work?

nicolebrittanyy

Am I the only one experiencing this??

Edit: Sorry! Just saw your post now. I've just reinstalled Origin and I'm having the same problem. However, something popped up and asked me to update my store content and I pressed yes. Immediately after I clicked yes, it said it was updated. I refreshed my launcher, and the same thing popped up again. Asking if I wanted to update my store content, I again, pressed yes and it happened again! It's not updating. I just refreshed it now, and it says Unable to connect to Origin again.

I can't remember exactly what was said when I tried to install the manual patch. Something just popped up when I opened it, and it closed right away. I'm installing it again to give it another try and I'll keep you posted.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 12/14/11 10:37 PM

SimGuru_Gambit

Hello nicolebrittanyy,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issue with your Sims 3 launcher. Please follow the FAQ's linked below in the order they're listed in. Once you have followed the steps below, be sure to install all patches for the Sims 3 titles you have. I’ve also included an FAQ for the Sims 3 installation order just in case you have multiple expansions.

Why do I need to back up files prior to uninstalling Origin? http://bit.ly/sFrmPn

Manually Uninstalling Origin: http://bit.ly/ujWuFa

The Sims 3 installation order: http://bit.ly/vv1CGj

Please post back if your issue persists.

-Gambit-
nicolebrittanyy

Thanks for answering... but I don't have the
{EF7E931D-DC84-471B-8DB6-A83358095474} file.
xifu

nicolebrittanyy wrote:My launcher hasn't been able to connect for months. MONTHS. My launcher doesn't recognize that there's a new patch available. I tried downloading the manual patch but it didn't work.

Why isn't my launcher connecting to Origin? I have Avast antivirus, and I tried disabling that but it didn't work. I thought that maybe it blocked Origin from accessing the internet, but apparently not.

Don't update the game using the launcher. Use the cumulative super patch. It has all patches for the base game, EP's, and SP's all rolled into one giant file. You can find it here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

You might also want to try some of my suggestions in this post:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/295720.page#3945048

Good luck!

Custom PC:
Intel i7-2600 & DQ67SW
Diamond MM AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
WD RE 500GB
Seasonic X Series 660W
nicolebrittanyy

Thanks. I tried to download the manual patch again and it worked this time
nicolebrittanyy

Now I'm having ANOTHER issue After I installed the patch, this keeps happening:

An error has occurred in the script of this page
Line: 1372
Char: 5
Error: Syntax error

If I press yes, my game starts but then it freezes and says "Sims 3 has stopped responding"

Ugghh. Any idea on how to fix this? I'm googling right now to find a solution, but nothing seems to be helping.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/15/11 03:50 AM

LeiaNash3

HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO ORIGIN MESSAGE!! it says i neeed to debug and it doesnt work.. ive already downloaded the super patch.. help please.. im bout to return the games'
NiNjahawkz

i have the unable to connect to origin message too

<CLICK >
CaitlinLuv

So am I and the EA tech support team is horrible. I've been having the issue for almost a month and when I get the unable to connect to origin message, it will NOT let me launch the game. The issue was supposed to be sent up to a higher level of support and guess what all they did was close the case... I'm pretty fed up with this. I've been playing the games for years, since they first came out, and I have NEVER had such an issue. Does anyone know a surefire way to resolve this?! I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 15x and it doesn't fix the problem. I'm frustrated to the point that I'm about to just return or sell the games. I'm sick of it.
killermckillip

CaitlinLuv wrote:So am I and the EA tech support team is horrible. I've been having the issue for almost a month and when I get the unable to connect to origin message, it will NOT let me launch the game. The issue was supposed to be sent up to a higher level of support and guess what all they did was close the case... I'm pretty fed up with this. I've been playing the games for years, since they first came out, and I have NEVER had such an issue. Does anyone know a surefire way to resolve this?! I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 15x and it doesn't fix the problem. I'm frustrated to the point that I'm about to just return or sell the games. I'm sick of it.

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I get the "unable to connect to Origin" message, and I can't open the game at all. I've tried starting it from the desktop icon, the TS3, and the TS3W. I have manually uninstalled and re-installed Origin, and disabled my firewall. None of the suggestions I find anywhere do any good, and no one seems to have a sure fire answer to this problem- least of all EA.
So I was wondering if you ever got yours working again, and if so, how?!
CeeJayRob

I Hate Origin! Before Origin, we had no problems with the game, since Origin, nothing BUT problems!

Does anyone know how to MANUALLY update the game? ie, bypassing Origin all together.

I have stopped buying the new releases for the game now (my last one was pets)
I will NOT be buying Showtime or Supernatural until EA FIX THE ORIGIN PROBLEM!!!
MysticFyr

Same problem here. One time I opened origin and ran it at the same time as the launcher and it connected, but after the update downloaded it froze, so the update never came through. Now it won't connect anymore. Origin is crap, and EA needs to drop it from The Sims.
Jnick2326

Im also having the same problem. Spoke to someone in tech support and I had to manually uninstall my game, (this would have been the 6th time in one day), and then reinstall origin and the sims expansion packs. After all of that,I am still getting the message "Unable to Connect to Orign as well as a script error message." I downloaded the superpatch so my games are up to date but I am not able to download the newest patch that was released on 8/30. My game loads and I have been able to play my game though. I regret pre-ordering Supernatural now becasue there is so many things that are wrong with the games right now.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: